Overwatch for Mac?

General Discussion
Prev 1 8 9 10 11 Next
03/21/2017 07:15 PMPosted by Gobster312
03/21/2017 06:30 PMPosted by Janana
I'm a gamer with a short budget, and I just have a regular Dell desktop, but the problem is, when I travel and can't really play Overwatch because I have a MacBookPro. Like I said earlier, I can't really buy boot camp or another Windows 10 key, so it's kinda frustrating me. Any ideas of what to do?

if you have a Dell, then get the Windows Code from it and use it to install BootCamp free on your Mac

Thanks m8
Does it work on Ipod Nano
It's kind of frustrating that some of their games are available for Mac, while Overwatch isn't. I hope they'll be able to find time to port the game in MacOS. I can compare other high-end games that were ported for Mac, I hope that won't be an excuse why they can't.
05/24/2016 07:14 PMPosted by Xodin
With deep regrets, Macs are currently a bit behind in regards to their graphics capability. Kaplan said that Blizzard really wanted to bring Overwatch to the platform, but at the moment they just don't have the technological support from Apple needed to make it happen :( Which is a real shame since I know Blizzard has been one of the few companies since the 90's to try to offer versions of their games on both PC and Mac platforms.

Here's some info here on it:
http://www.pcgamesn.com/overwatch/here-s-why-there-s-no-mac-version-of-overwatch-and-how-there-could-be-in-the-future

The year is 2017 my System settings are
MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015)
Proccesor 2.7 GHz Intel Core i5
Memory 8 GB 1867 MHz DDR3
Graphics Intel Iris Graphics 6100 1536 MB
I can run Overwatch perfectly EVEN using a windows Program.
The game would run much more efficency if I did not have to use a second program to play on it.
I have been playing blizzard games for more than 8 years. Starting with World of warcraft. I began playing these games on my windows then switched to mac 2 years ago. I am currently playing wow on my mac runs fairly well. I play overwatch on my xboxone but I would like to play it on my mac. Actually would love to because I prefer to play on my comp then console. Is there anyreason why there is not a direct download to mac to play overwatch. I know there is other programs that can assist such as bootcamp but it would be much more efficent and easier to bring in new player who have macs that are looking to play Overwatch. Being part of the Apple community I ask is there going to be a direct download for overwatch on Macs anytime soon. Second why has blizzard made it so you can not download overwatch. This seems to cut out a big margin of players in the community such as myself which can hinder the competiviness of overwatch gaming and restrict the community.
Best, William
Here's how I managed to play Overwatch on my Macbook...

I got a cheap Desktop/Server PC with Dual Xeon and GTX 660 without monitor. Since the bare minimum for Gamestream is GTX 600. It cost my like $300 for the setup and everything. The game is hosted on my desktop and set up Nvidia Geforce Experience with it..

For Macbook, I'm using Moonlight Chrome Extension.
It isn't a PC only game, though, it's also available on Xbox One and PlayStation 4.
03/21/2017 06:30 PMPosted by Janana
I'm a gamer with a short budget, and I just have a regular Dell desktop, but the problem is, when I travel and can't really play Overwatch because I have a MacBookPro. Like I said earlier, I can't really buy boot camp or another Windows 10 key, so it's kinda frustrating me. Any ideas of what to do?

I bought a Windows 10 OEM key from here: https://www.kinguin.net/category/22175/windows-10-home-oem-key/

It works great, no issues. It cost me less than $40. That's how I got windows on my MacBook Air.
Jeff recently said that they're open to bringing Overwatch to mac, but have other more important stuff such as skins emotes and maps. Then he said it's not definite.
06/13/2016 04:37 AMPosted by Silverjerk
The hilarity of the down-votes on the comments that simply mention any sort of gaming on a Mac; it's juvenile. Here's a use case for ya, and it could blow your minds, because it's pretty common for us grown ups...

My main PC is a custom water-cooled Z87 Sabertooth build with a 4770K, 32GB of Dominator, and a 980TI; I own a Razer Blade, Shield, and Steam Link. I've been building PC's for 16 years, and was a member of XS and several 3D Mark Teams in my heyday. Let's just get that out of the way, for the naysayers who'll try and discredit a valid opinion because #notpartofthePCMASTERACE... or whatever the hell else the kids are calling it now.

The reason I was able to afford a badass PC (and order a pair of 1080's on launch), is because I get paid to write code all day on a Mac -- a UNIX-based Mac that runs a suite of applications I could never get on Windows 10, in a workflow that I would never dare replicate on my PC. And before one of you Windows coding junkies gets your panties in a wad, just remember all the ways in which you travel around your elbow to emulate a LAMP environment on your PC and give it a rest. The reality is, I work on Macs, and I game on a PC, and I run admin tasks, deployments/repository management, and server maintenance on Linux. I do it all, and I'm old enough, and experienced enough not to whine like a stuck pig (and downvote posts like a sobbing toddler) when someone isn't arbitrarily loyal to my platform of choice.

Every once in a while I'm up late, monitoring a particularly long build and release as we deploy and test for bugs, and I don't have the luxury of firing up my gaming PC to get in a few matches of Overwatch. On those occasions, it would be nice to simply alt-tab into the game and fire up a match or two between code releases. And while, no, my Mac Pro and MacBook Pro isn't on the level of my enthusiast-level PC, they both sure as hell pull their weight -- my Mac Pro in Crossfire with dual D700's plays most games at high-to-ultra settings just fine, and my MacBook Pro competes for performance with my Razer Blade in Bootcamp. While the performance would likely be lessened in native OS X running Overwatch, these machines are still more than capable of playing mainstream games.

Now, feel free to downvote into infinity -- I welcome your criticisms, however hollow, baseless, and fallacious they might be.

Who asked for your resume?
i agree, overwatch SHOULD be on mac, but none of that happens so i think blizzard should get its head strait and figure out how this whole thing could work. to be honest, i have a windows pc and it runs horribly and the only computer i have is a well-gaming, beautiful-graphic, fantastic-resolution mac. AND I CANT PLAY OVERWATCH ON IT, so what im saying is please allow overwatch on mac
05/20/2017 11:37 AMPosted by KingCereal
Jeff recently said that they're open to bringing Overwatch to mac, but have other more important stuff such as skins emotes and maps. Then he said it's not definite.
why is he focusing on maps and emotes...WHEN HE CAN BE FOCUSING ON OVERWATCH FOR MAC!
05/24/2017 09:40 PMPosted by supryshi
i agree, overwatch SHOULD be on mac, but none of that happens so i think blizzard should get its head strait and figure out how this whole thing could work. to be honest, i have a windows pc and it runs horribly and the only computer i have is a well-gaming, beautiful-graphic, fantastic-resolution mac. AND I CANT PLAY OVERWATCH ON IT, so what im saying is please allow overwatch on mac

What is stopping you from using BootCamp?

Even then, Porting a game over to a different format is harder than people think...
My friend was playing overwatch on macbook air in school today, does that mean that I can play it on my dell all in one pc. (PLEASE ANSWER)
My friend played overwatch on his macbook air it worked well. Does that mean I can play overwatch on my all in one (dell)
It will, but you will need a virtual machine with a Windows 10 copy. Usually the latest Macbook Pro will work the best.
05/27/2016 05:35 PMPosted by Tycho
Yeah, I have a new Macbook and it runs cleaner than any new computer I've built.
well than you are are just not good at PC building or u chose sub power parts which are outdated
05/27/2016 04:28 PMPosted by Coyote
With deep regrets, Macs are currently a bit behind in regards to their graphics capability.

lmao, no. The Macbook's and Macbook Air's, sure. 13" Macbook Pro should do fine in theory, and 15" is guaranteed to work. Anything above that (ie. Mac Pro and newer iMac models) should easily manage the game. Overwatch is a pretty game, but it's hardly graphically intensive.
these days even a low end rug has already a 980 or above which easily out powers a onboard graphics chip. Please do some research before you talk
05/27/2016 04:28 PMPosted by Coyote
With deep regrets, Macs are currently a bit behind in regards to their graphics capability.

lmao, no. The Macbook's and Macbook Air's, sure. 13" Macbook Pro should do fine in theory, and 15" is guaranteed to work. Anything above that (ie. Mac Pro and newer iMac models) should easily manage the game. Overwatch is a pretty game, but it's hardly graphically intensive.
these days even a low end rug has already a 980 or above which easily out powers a onboard graphics chip. Please do some research before you talk
As much dislike as this comment will probably get from mac users... but why would you want to play it on a Mac? In this game you need to be able to use both left and right clicks on your mouse to do you alt fire. Using any other button other then your mouse for alt fire would more then likely put you at a disadvantage to the millions on millions of other players who play with that ability. I don't know about you but if it wasn't right-clickable I would probably forget to use it. For the majority set of heros here like Zen, McCree, Roadhog and more importantly Genji. It would be a MASSIVE hassle. I'm sure there is a creative solution but I can guarantee that it will give PC players some sort of advantage.

Nothing against OSX though. Hopefully my comment here isn't out dated. I has been I hot minute since I used OSX I just remember one of the more annoying things about OSX was the lack of the right click.