Do you get penalized for leaving game during POTG?

General Discussion
1 2 3 5 Next
Sometimes I am not interested in staying after a good stomping by the other team to see them use a Q on us for POTG. I also find it's quicker to get into the next game by avoiding the 30 second wait for potg and stats to show up.

I have not seen any message indicating I am being penalized but I also do not see anything else for that matter. Some clarification would be useful.
As soon as you see "Victory/Defeat" it's safe to leave. You won't receive a leaver penalty and you'll receive full EXP/Loot Boxes etc.

You can also leave during "Assemble Your Heroes" (but not "setup" or later).
Highly Rated
05/25/2016 09:01 AMPosted by Jeff Kaplan
As soon as you see "Victory/Defeat" it's safe to leave. You won't receive a leaver penalty and you'll receive full EXP/Loot Boxes etc.

So basically, while your character is controllable, you shouldn't leave.
Highly Rated

This is something that should be indicted in the game, to just give more visibility to other players who may not see this post.

Cool just tested it by leaving immediately after "Defeat" showed up and got xp. Sometimes it's just not worth sticking around for a group that doesn't heal or switch heroes.
What about "waiting for players?" I haven't seen the bug since Monday night, but as far as I can tell if stuck in waiting you need to bake out for a few minutes and possibly restart entirely to unattach you from that game or something?
Hm yes what about waiting for players?

Thank you.

I was wondering this too. Sometimes I just don't want to see PotG from an enemy. Specially after getting a crushing defeat.
A simple message indicating that you will incur a leaver penalty if you leave now (Continue? Y/N) would be helpful, as well as potentially deter those who might otherwise choose to stay and stick it out.

I would also like to suggest some sort of leaver/standing meter in your stats so that you can see how far you have to go to be back in good standing to get your full xp again--giving people a goal and a roadmap to getting back to a normal state.

These two features would address much of the issues people have with the leaver penalty and how it is currently implemented.

I think you should also be able to skip leaver penalty if you just joined a game. If I join a friend but accidently end up on the enemy team I'll rather wait for his game to finish than play against him.
i got -75 for leave and i never leave i stay until the end is this forever or for a week ?

So quick to answer a question like this, but the tickrate question with 3+ threads maxed out and Blizzard ignores it. Typical Blizzard...

That was very helpful. Thanks. You should put it into the game as a tip.
05/26/2016 11:37 AMPosted by Nintari
A simple message indicating that you will incur a leaver penalty if you leave now (Continue? Y/N) would be helpful, as well as potentially deter those who might otherwise choose to stay and stick it out.

VEry good idea

*,..,*
You do get leavers penelty if Blizzards servers crash though.
It's a great system... Said no one, ever.
Maybe fix the matchmaking before introducing penalties. It's fun when opposing team is full of people who have played tens of hours when your team's most played account has 2 hours.

Matches are so fun when you sit in lobby waiting for game and then sit in base while the better players are playing whack-a-mole on your team.

But there already is a simple message when you try to leave and are close to getting the leaver penalty.

http://imgur.com/a/ftjaU#B2ikkXU
05/31/2016 12:34 PMPosted by Ketho

But there already is a simple message when you try to leave and are close to getting the leaver penalty.

http://imgur.com/a/ftjaU#B2ikkXU

Hmmm, is this new? There were many cases during the beta of people getting flagged with a leaver penalty who were never warned. I wonder if they fixed this. If so, then the only people who would be getting a leaver penalty without warning are those who disconnect frequently due to bad internet.
05/31/2016 05:21 AMPosted by Xyos

So quick to answer a question like this, but the tickrate question with 3+ threads maxed out and Blizzard ignores it. Typical Blizzard...

It's almost like a thread like this can be easily answered off the top of his head.
05/31/2016 05:21 AMPosted by Xyos

Well, since they devoted an entire video on the subject already, and this one hadn't been answered yet, yes, they answered this.

Are you really expecting their stance to change on tick rate? They know it's an issue, they're working it.