Split screen on consoles

General Discussion
Prev 1 7 8 9
05/25/2016 08:53 AMPosted by Jeff Kaplan
We really appreciate the feedback. Split screen is very challenging from a technical perspective. Although it's very unlikely we would be adding that feature, we're not philosophically opposed to it. I know this isn't the answer you want to hear... it's just really, really hard.
I can imagine from a stats point of view and user accts, however may you contemplate on this and may at least ponder the idea of split screen in custom games were there is know stats impacted.

Just a suggestion.
I'm late to this thread :o

But anyway getting split screen for console would work but with pc it would be impossible unless you had two keyboards and mice but Minecraft,CoD and Halo did it so you should be able to too
All though your request is a good idea I don't think overwatch is the type of game for a split screen
We really appreciate the feedback. Split screen is very challenging from a technical perspective. Although it's very unlikely we would be adding that feature, we're not philosophically opposed to it. I know this isn't the answer you want to hear... it's just really, really hard.

Okay, seriously? Come on! Who cares if it's a little challenging? As DizzyKitty said before getting weird about it, that's kind of why you should do it! Who doesn't love a good challenge every now and then? And besides, I thought Blizzard was one of those companies that makes games for people to enjoy no matter what. They try to make people happy with their games and whenever a bunch of people desperately need a new feature, they add it to make them happier. But now you're saying it's too HARD? Why don't you just do it for the fans? You think it was easy to make Overwatch? HELL, no! I don't know anything about making games, but it doesn't take Einstein to realize how hard it must have been to make an amazing online multiplayer game! We're not asking you to start from scratch, just let us fans be able to have fun with our families and friends at the same time! Halo did it, Call of Duty did it, Rocket League did it, hell, even Mario did it! So why can't you? I'm pretty sure not EVERYBODY is against it, so just get yer !@# in a chair, type a bunch of letters and add the DAMN splitscreen feature! You know how many people would be happier? Take the number of people who play Overwatch. Now multiply that by maybe 2-5. That's how many! Not just the fans, but their families, too! Just get through a little challenge to make people happy.

Now, this is how I think the split screen feature should be:

In the settings, you should be able to pick how the screen will split. There should be a max of 3 or 4 players. One option should be stacked horizontal sections, and the max should be 3. Another should be split like an x, with two sections being diagonally sliced, three looking like the peace symbol missing one line, and the max, four, should be an x, like I said. The last option should be just like the last one, but with a vertical split in the middle for two, and a peace symbol missing a line but upside down for three, and a plus for four.

When another player wants to play, they should have to either pick a different person than P1 has already picked, or a guest with no levels and that will give any rewards to P1. For loot boxes, whoever presses the A button should get transferred to THEIR loot stash (PLEASE USE THAT NAME) with THEIR loot boxes. Like any game, they should have saved data for each player. Also, a guest should also transfer EXP to P1, unless they are playing against each other. If so, the EXP should just be deleted. That's just my opinion, though. PLEASE ADD THIS!!! If anybody has any additional suggestions, I can edit this post and add them in, along with their own post(s), of course.
DEAD THREAD, DO NOT RESPOND ANYMORE
I guess it makes sense why it'd be a challenge, however it still confuses me that they were able to do it at the e3 demo, but now it's more or less a challenge. Not questioning them at all, but it's curious nevertheless.

EDIT: Now that I think about it more, it would take more rendering power if it was a normal match with splitscreen, but what Arcade? Splitscreen in modes like Junkenstien's Revenge, Lucioball could be more easier to do as those maps don't require large rendering power. I could be wrong, I very well am wrong. But it's a thought
The first time I played overwatch, was when my cousin brought his xbox one over and we took turns playing matches. IT SUCKED, having to wait for a turn because the game you guys at Blizzard made is so incredibly awesome. I bought the game on my computer and was wondering if the console version would have split screen so next time we could play TOGETHER, but seeing that that wasn't the case brought a tear to my eye.
if there was split screen......we can finally have an advantage over the PC master race
blizzard please split screen overwatch then more people would play it.
05/25/2016 08:45 AMPosted by Khadis
Blizzard, please do not become one of these companies that is destroying in home multiplayer... When you first showed Overwatch at E3, it was splitscreen play, and it was incredible. The ability to play this game with family and friends would make it a legendary title. Please reconsider this, and set yourselves apart from your competition, who seems to be more concerned with making money versus creating a great customer experience.

I've wanted to play with my brother in split-screen SOOO much.
the mods just need to lock this damn thread since people cant seem to grasp the concept that this thread is dead
PLEASE SUPPORT SPLIT SCREEN!!
Someone please lock this thread.

Call of duty black ops 3, Plants vs. Zombies GW2, Star wars battlefront - these are the games that have split screen option.
If it is possible for them than it is possible for Blizzard.
01/02/2018 07:27 AMPosted by PaulMilan

Call of duty black ops 3, Plants vs. Zombies GW2, Star wars battlefront - these are the games that have split screen option.
If it is possible for them than it is possible for Blizzard.

Avoid necromancy, or come do it in some good ol' Warcraft 3 matches.

Please, keeping a solid framerate for Overwatch in splitscreen would be much harder than these.