PLEASE! Nerf McCree

General Discussion
1 2 3 26 Next
Highly Rated
Dear Lord, please nerf McCree. This guy is soo broken in terms of damage, cc, 100-0 potential, skill-caps, etc.

Damage: I don't even need to talk about his damage. Most of you probably saw McCree 100-0ing a Rein as he throws his stun top and putting his gun up Rein's A.

CC: His stun radius is soo stupid. You can literally throw the stun on top of Rein to stop his shield, stop Tracer's blink, etc etc. If you, Blizzard, is gonna keep hi stun, at least make it ON-POINT target hit to stun. But better, remove this thing and make it a blind or just remove it completely as his damage is already stupidly insane.
100-0 potential: Lol, he bursts down the most tankiest tank in the game in a matter of second. When he hits everything, 12 bullets, it does 840 damage, which is enough to kill anybody in the game. On the top of that, so that your aim doesn't suck A, you can stun them.

Skill-cap:
E + R.Click = God tier.
E + R.Click = Jesus tier.
E + R.Click = Life.
E + R.Click = Destorying the game.
Highly Rated
#Icryeverytime

I really do though. 100-0 as tank is frustrating
Highly Rated
Inb4 obligatory "No one in this game needs nerfs, you just need to counter McCree. McCree is balanced, you suck."

Only problem though, just like Tracer and Widowmaker, McCree HAS no counters other than a better McCree/Tracer/Widowmaker.
+1000

Mccree is just very toxic OP mechanics.

the flashbang should blind the target so he cant see anything for a second or two, removin the stun from it.

Now lets wait for mccree mainers to come to defend their main OP hero as it takes soooo mutch skill to hit his flashbang and shoot on stunned target.
Doesn't seem too OP to me.

https://gfycat.com/AmusedCharmingCatfish
The flashbang does, irrefutably, need toning down. Regardless of counter play or "just don't 1v1," the very existence of a character that can butcher anything at medium range with a stun and a split second unload, even a tank, is toxic design.
05/30/2016 08:04 AMPosted by Jax
The flashbang does, irrefutably, need toning down. Regardless of counter play or "just don't 1v1," the very existence of a character that can butcher anything at medium range with a stun and a split second unload, even a tank, is toxic design.

As a Mercy player, i constantly see Mccree's One-shotting my heal targets totally ignoring my role as a healer even in big battles.

Mccree need's to have more counters.

Currently he appearently seem to counter everything except Snipers and maybe Junkrat.
Double the flashbang cd. He can use e+right but be more decisive on targets instead of using it on everything all the time. Cooldown is too fast right now for the power
My buddies and I refer to him henceforth as "Bullsh*t McCree" because he can literally kill anyone without them being able to react. And the stun can be thrown in the general vicinity (including behind the target... as a flashbang....) and still get full effect. Then one shot damage to 90% of the heroes on a rightclick...

I mean, I still play and love the game, but out of all of the heroes, he's the most bullsh*t. Only really counterable if the player sucks !@#.
I like to look at it this way if we did not have mcree we would have tracers and genjis just owning people match after match. I don't think mcree is really meant to be taken on in a 1v1 scenario from what I have experienced. He is made to hunt down stranglers and take them out in a 1v1 scenario. I'm not saying he does not need some tweaking but there is a reason he was designed the way he is.
I hope people realize that if they Nerf McCree into the ground you're just going to see a whole ton of Tracers and Genjis stomping their teams into the ground.... then the cry will be taken up once more.
First off, stop saying it kills tanks in 1 combo, that never happens. I've never killed a Reinhardt or Hog in 1 combo. Maybe if you're like 1 inch from the guy and unload most of it in his face straight but most of the time you have some distance and that doesn't happen.
Hammer also recoils a !@#$load which means you won't put 6 into his head.

People just don't realize that in order for the stun+ hammer kill to happen you need to:
-Move on to the target and/or surprise someone
-Not miss the flash bang - I know whiners will say ''its impossible to miss'' I say play him and try it. I get fb dodged all day long. Even better, I get em deflected all the time by Genjis. (Ult too, he deflects that very well)
-Not die before you even get to said target - cross fire happens, someone following up on ya happens, random widowmaker headhost/hanzo arrow

Assuming you do all that, then sure you kill the guy in most scenarios.

My question is:

HOW THE HELL IS THAT ANY DIFFERENT FROM:

-Roadhog hook+auto 1 shot
-1 shot hanzo's arrows from 20 screens away
-1 shot widowmaker from 20 screens away
- gengi's deflecting a full clip into someone by pressin E while jumping all over or ults and kills all your team by spamming left click and dashing
-Mei freezin your a__ into oblivion and punching you to death if she feels like it
-JUSTICE RAIN FROM ABOVE lawnmower like cheesiness
-Junkrat's endless flow of grenades lobbed above a 30 feet wall
-Bastion

I mean, most if not all characters have something way op. This Mccree op %^-* has got to stop, it's just retarded.

STOP SAYING IT ONE SHOTS TANKS, IT DOESN'T HAPPEN UNLESS YOU MANAGE TO DODGE ROLL RELOAD AND PUT ANOTHER CLIP IN THE GUY.
That can be done sometimes, if you're 1v1 only.
How often is a tank alone on his own, really?

And no, he isn't my main. I don't main anything, I just play a bunch of guys I enjoy.

What you !@#$% who whine about him don't get is if you remove fb, nobody will play him, like, ever. Without that he has nothing to kill mostly anyone.
I dare you to try to kill 3 guys with his ult consistently. (there's just too many counters, you probably won't make it)
This thread is embarrassing
05/30/2016 11:13 AMPosted by Ravage
I hope people realize that if they Nerf McCree into the ground you're just going to see a whole ton of Tracers and Genjis stomping their teams into the ground.... then the cry will be taken up once more.

Right.
Then they'd nerf both of em and we'd move on to something else until every one feels weak. At that point people will say BUFF EVERYONE.

Sheep man, sheep.
If I was to come on these forums to whine every time I get owned by Genji or Pharah, I'd be here all day posting whining crap.
05/30/2016 07:27 AMPosted by Tyedrys
#Icryeverytime

Yeah, Mcree fills an important nerf as an anti-flanker, particularly with his stun, but he's also strong against tanks. His damage needs to drop, to about 50, possibly buffing his stun duration to a full second to compensate.

I'm all for Mcree being strong, but there needs to be something that can give him a hard time.
05/30/2016 11:37 AMPosted by Mosseman
05/30/2016 07:27 AMPosted by Tyedrys
#Icryeverytime

Yeah, Mcree fills an important nerf as an anti-flanker, particularly with his stun, but he's also strong against tanks. His damage needs to drop, to about 50, possibly buffing his stun duration to a full second to compensate.

I'm all for Mcree being strong, but there needs to be something that can give him a hard time.

Everything outside of stun range or multiple people gives him a hard time.
They need to buff McCrees ultimate - it's nearly impossible to use, as everyone either hides from you or destroys a bright glowing red McCree before you can do any serious damage.

j/k, McCree is reasonably well balanced, not any better or worse than other classes.
I mean, let's face it, no one uses McCree for ranged anymore unless they're trying to harass another ranged character, usually from behind a friendly Reinhardt shield. Other than that it's, 'oh hey, I need to get in this building so I can right-click the next idiot that runs in here.' I remember playing a match where this enemy McCree kept running into the same building and hiding in the same few corners so he could dive on people and it made things very toxic.

Honestly, if you made his flash-bang a legit flash and not a stun, that would liven things up quite a bit, he wouldn't have a stun to guarantee an easy kill and would make his kit more fun. Firing a couple shots, flash-banging, rolling to the side, and then following up with a right-click sounds so engaging and skilled. Much more so than, run into room, wait, press 'e' and right-click.
McCree, like a Widow, if focused and not left alone to their own devices can be effectively neutralized.... Is that perhaps by design? I don't know. What I do know, is that some characters have to be dealt with immediately in order to counter their strengths. You don't let Mei run around willy nilly for long if you want to capture a point, that's for sure. You certainly don't want a Tracer or a Genji in your backlines wreaking havoc on your support. No, you dedicate people to removing that threat ASAP. McCree is no different in that regard, but unfortunately when people die stunned (in any game genre), rage ensues.

Once you bait McCree's stun, he is no where near the force to be reckoned with as so many people claim. His Fan should get a bit of a range nerf, though, but that's just my opinion.

Unfortunately, so much of this game seems based around tank busting and disrupting solid defense.... McCree's FB really seems like it is necessity for that core gameplay.