"I need healing" spam

General Discussion
As a support player can I get an option to mute this or severly limit it? I am well aware who needs healing since it is bright red and says "Critical health".

I am also healing these 5 guys actually on the point and am not going to go chase the Genji spamming the voice line from the back line.

Just, an option please, I don't like muting people who probably don't realize they are annoying
I'm not sure if you are talking about people spamming their heal me command or the fact the hero's will say it themselves. It does get annoying but not much you can do besides turn the hero voice vol down.
You know wad is worst? Playing as Zenyatta & tank say:"Could we get a real healer?"
05/31/2016 01:26 AMPosted by Eastrid
I'm not sure if you are talking about people spamming their heal me command or the fact the hero's will say it themselves. It does get annoying but not much you can do besides turn the hero voice vol down.

The manual one is what I mean. I like the voices, but I am well aware who is hurt lol
You must have some needy people then... I have been lucky and never had that issue or I never notice it since I listen to music anyway. lol
In general, I think the commands need a small cooldown (say 3 seconds). Right now, ragers can spam command calls as fast as they can press the button. In normal use, it doesn't seem necessary to have spammable commands.
05/31/2016 01:29 AMPosted by Lagna
You know wad is worst? Playing as Zenyatta & tank say:"Could we get a real healer?"

Is that a problem with the community or is that a problem with the selection and design of the current Support Heroes?

I mean, he's not wrong. Zen is half Healer half Damage IMO.
05/31/2016 01:26 AMPosted by Eastrid

I would say the only reason I would be playing support is because no one else is, so they can take Zen or they can take nothing (or play support themselves)

Zen is my "Oh so *I* have to play healer?" support.
05/31/2016 01:39 AMPosted by Geonde
05/31/2016 01:29 AMPosted by Lagna

Is that a problem with the community or is that a problem with the selection and design of the current Support Heroes?

I mean, he's not wrong. Zen is half Healer half Damage IMO.

So? That's not Zenyattas problem.

The tank shouldve learned by now which hero does what. If he storms in like hes having a Mercy behind him, and dies, then that's because of his lack of game knowledge, not because of Zenyatta.

And if such people complain, I simply refuse to heal them AT ALL for the rest of the game...or switch to Hanzo and tell them, if you don't like my heals, do it yourself, "bro".
We really do need more muting options.
If nothing else, for objective/healing spam and the ability to turn off your own hero's voice lines.

Nothing more fun than dealing with MY TURRET NOOOOOOOO BUILD EM UP BREAK EM BUILD EM UP BREAK EM DOWN I'VE GOT BIG PLANS FOR YOU SUCH POTENTIAL MY BABY I WORKED HARD ON THAT I'VE GOT BIG PLANS FOR YOU BUILD EM UP BREAK EM DOWN I WORKED HARD ON THAT SUCH POTENTIAL
all day long.
the only time I get annoyed by the "I need healing" is practically whenever I see it because I'm dead it's like they're taunting me...
I know it's because they don't know I've died most likely due to not having the elimination display on or paying attention to it in the middle of a fight but if blizzard could have a voice line for the characters to say our healer is dead, no healer available or something to that effect and cancel the announcement it'd be a huge quality of life adjustment for supports. To be clear I have no problem seeing it while I'm alive no matter how far away it is.
the worst offenders are those that spam it, then you check where they are and they are at full health but still spamming it? Like, wtf?
Flankers who failed to flank, ran away to hide in one corner asking for heals are just stupid.
Any updates to this? Is there an in game option to mute some of the voice commands?
I need healing.
I need healing!
05/31/2016 01:20 AMPosted by CamKitty
As a support player can I get an option to mute this or severly limit it? I am well aware who needs healing since it is bright red and says "Critical health".

I am also healing these 5 guys actually on the point and am not going to go chase the Genji spamming the voice line from the back line.

Just, an option please, I don't like muting people who probably don't realize they are annoying

Most genji's should go for health packs anyways, they should know the map well enough to get heath packs as they constantly flank and do damage. I main healer, but I play lots of genji, I always go for health packs I bearly ask for healing cause I don't want to risk the healer dying when I get into a team fight.
Playing Moira I always prioritize healing over anything and in almost every game I get a DPS player spamming I NEED HEALING even when they're at full health and I don't understand why. Its only the assault characters too.
Just report people who spam it. That's what I do. I've got no patience for that !@#$; I know you need healing. I can see your health bar, and I heard you the first time.
I can understand this from both perspectives. As a healer I am okay with them pressing it to signify their location just don't spam it. As a dps I feel sometimes I have to press it when I'm sitting there by my healers and haven't been touched for heals the entire game. This being a far too common occurrence.