Friendly Reaper Teleport Shows Red

General Discussion
This has been mentioned quite a few times but it seems all of the beta/alpha posts that you can see by searching are now inaccessible (the pages 404 if you try to go to their threads). It would be really nice to have some sort of indication that when Reaper is teleporting if it is a friend or foe. I've often had to double check when I see a friendly Reaper teleporting to either wait for their name show up or look around me for where they are teleporting from to know that it is not an enemy.
I totally agree, I always shoot at a teleporting Reaper, it's annoying to find out later it was on our team.
We'll see if we can make some improvements. Thanks for the feedback.
That is a good idea.

I would also suggest changing the audible cue for McCree's ult for friendlies.
(if this is already different)

I get in a panic mode when I hear my own ally use his.
05/26/2016 09:57 AMPosted by Jaymacibe
That is a good idea.

It's already in there. For team he says "Step right up."
That is a good idea.

Same issue with Junkrat grenades and tires. There's no audio or visual distinction between ally or enemy bombs. They all glow red... tick... tick...tick... it never stops....aaaaaaaaaaaaah!
05/26/2016 10:00 AMPosted by OHGODBEES
That is a good idea.

It's already in there. For team he says "Step right up."

Thank you for that. I heard that before, but didn't know if its for that.
Mr Kaplan responds to this guy and ignores the almost 300 post thread about the god awful tick rate making the game frustrating as hell to play. I can see that the 20 tick issue is not going to be addressed or fixed. It is being deliberately ignored.
05/26/2016 10:24 AMPosted by barahur
Mr Kaplan responds to this guy and ignores the almost 300 post thread about the god awful tick rate making the game frustrating as hell to play. I can see that the 20 tick issue is not going to be addressed or fixed. It is being deliberately ignored.

They made a 17 minute video all about their netcode back during beta. They've also said it's going to be higher (60, iirc) in competitive.

All that the giant thread is doing is urging them to add it for quick play. When they decide something, they'll post it. That's how Blizzard does things.

I always wanted to ignore the issue, but it seems like some stuff I do gets ignored. I mean I threw a stun, the enemy does not get stunned, I get killed and when I watch the killcam..it showed that I did not used the stun. I don't know whats the case, but it happened with other heroes too.
05/26/2016 10:01 AMPosted by TheFuzzyroo
That is a good idea.

Same issue with Junkrat grenades and tires. There's no audio or visual distinction between ally or enemy bombs. They all glow red... tick... tick...tick... it never stops....aaaaaaaaaaaaah!

Friendly grenades are yellow, while enemy grenades (or Genji-reflected grenades) are bright red.
05/26/2016 10:01 AMPosted by TheFuzzyroo
That is a good idea.

Friendly Junkrat grenades glow bright yellow. Enemy ones glow bright red. They're very different and it's quite easy to tell which is which.
05/26/2016 10:28 AMPosted by Lukar

They made a 17 minute video all about their netcode back during beta. They've also said it's going to be higher (60, iirc) in competitive.

All that the giant thread is doing is urging them to add it for quick play. When they decide something, they'll post it. That's how Blizzard does things.

The video was a joke, really, and I'm not trying to be facetious. And if they twiddle their thumbs and watch the anger and complaints pile up long enough, it is going to backfire. It's already starting to boil over. My friends are complaining about it vocally now, especially the ones who like Tracer and Genji. The terrible tick rate in Quick Play is a serious, game-affecting issue for everyone, whether the individual players realize it or not.
I once tried to snipe a teleporting Reaper when I saw the red swirl and was surprised once I realized it was friendly. So yeah team-colored swirls would be good.
Just as a follow up, our VFX lead, Nick, made a change so that allied Reapers will have blue coloring to their effects. It actually looks really cool - it's an overall improvement. So thanks for suggesting this.

(This will go live sometime in mid-late June)
05/26/2016 05:50 PMPosted by Jeff Kaplan
Just as a follow up, our VFX lead, Nick, made a change so that allied Reapers will have blue coloring to their effects. It actually looks really cool - it's an overall improvement. So thanks for suggesting this.

Disappointed in this change. A true Reaper wants his friends to be just as scared of him as his enemies.
Yeah true, sometimes we get the creeps from seeing a red shadow only to find it was our ally.
These clarity interactions happen with certain maps where there is a hue of red that is exactly the same as when clicking an enemy so I personally see this as an issue sometimes because I freak out too quickly.

Cant wait for new stuff, skins/loot/maps/heroes
This will keep the game going actually.
Thats what most successful games do nowadays.
05/31/2016 01:50 PMPosted by TwinDenis

Cant wait for new stuff, skins/loot/maps/heroes
This will keep the game going actually.
Thats what most successful games do nowadays.

Good! +1

Thanks, this helps alot!

05/31/2016 01:24 PMPosted by Skepticon

Disappointed in this change. A true Reaper wants his friends to be just as scared of him as his enemies.

I lol'd :D