Setting: Let Torbjorn see allied health bars

General Discussion
Basically just a request for the setting to let Torbjorn see the health of your team mates.

It seems weird to me that Symmetra gets this but not Torb. I know its because she is support, but she can just spam e on everyone, whereas Torb has very limited scrap supply for his armour drops.

Honestly I kind of wish we could enable this feature for all heroes, to get a better feel for our team's situation, and to let wounded teammates take health packs first.

Regarless of a global setting, I think it should certainly be an option for Torb.
Why? because he can drop armor?
He doesn't do anything. His aimbot does all the work.
05/27/2016 09:55 AMPosted by Squigibo

Because he can save lives with those 200 full scraps
I agree that I'd like it if every character could do this, though Torb needs it more than most.
/signed

If a player can influence the health of his/her teammates, they should be able to see that HP.

If you want to drop your turret and then go throw armor packs on people, that's your prerogative.
I'd say he has to wait in line behind Soldier 76. Drives me crazy that I can't see allies health when I play him since I have an actual heal!
05/27/2016 09:55 AMPosted by Squigibo

Everyone who hates on Torb should try playing him. Honestly go play him. All characters can be OP in the right hands. Torb also has just as many weakness as any other characters and needs a strong team holding the line for him.
05/27/2016 10:23 AMPosted by Ender
I'd say he has to wait in line behind Soldier 76. Drives me crazy that I can't see allies health when I play him since I have an actual heal!

Soldier has this, but it's off by default! Check the options & enjoy!
05/27/2016 10:26 AMPosted by Tumtum

Awesome, thanks!

Dear Blizzard,

Stop setting essential settings to off by default.

Thanks,
-Everyone who plays this game

I believe 76 does have that option to see health bars in his setup options.
05/27/2016 10:32 AMPosted by Terotrous

Dear Blizzard,

Stop setting essential settings to off by default.

Thanks,
-Everyone who plays this game

Thank god they didn't turn off kill feed by deafault like in the beta.
I usually just drop armor by the objective and let my allies pick it up if they need it. If there's a specific ally that I know needs the armor, like Zenyatta, Zarya, or Mercy, I'll seek them out and give it to them, but otherwise, I usually just leave it around whenever I have it.

But I fully agree. It should be a global setting to see your allies' health bars. I wouldn't mind a little clutter for valuable information.
It should be a global setting in my opinion.

I'm playing Reinhardt and my shield is getting low, but if a teammate behind me is at critical health I'd rather leave it up until it breaks rather than drop it and have them just die on the spot.

I'm heading over to pick up a health pack and another ally is doing the same. If we know what health the other is at we can more accurately determine who would benefit from it more.

And so on.
I agree. I wasnt gonna say all heros. But Torby deserves/needs it. I was gonna make a post about this too but im just gonna up vote this one. get it done blizz
Pro Torbys can toss armor a long way and right on the allied almost dead target. Give this feature to torbjorn please!!!!!!
I might recommend, as a possible alternative to be considered, that Torb be allowed to see which teammates are already using his armor packs, instead of just seeing their health. Since team mates can only ever have 75 armor from those packs, it'd be more useful to see who's using them already. Perhaps a little shield icon or something next to their names.
Let everybody see healthbars, we can see the ones on opponents that kind of make no sense, but you need to be a healer to see them on allies.