Who's Having Fun?

General Discussion
I don't play for stats unlike majority of the players here who devote their lives on kills. I find it to be more enjoyable to disrupt your opponents from achieving their goals in-game.

I like to distract them with D.Va with hit and run tactics. Works best when I have Lucio healing me.

Each time I SD my mech, I have a good laugh because they always scattered like ants. When I have Mei on the team she can AoE freeze them and Boom! goes the entire team.

I also like to break-up their cluster by popping deflector shield and rush towards them :)

When I'm not playing D.Va but Mercy instead, I usually denied their 3-5 simultaneous kills by reviving all my fallen teammates.

Simple pleasure :) It makes my day.
I'm having fun. Even on loosing matches. I'll try my hardest to do what I can.
I'm having a pretty good time. :) I'm not very good at shooters at all, but I'm still trying to enjoy myself. At least no one's downright yelled at me for being bad yet. :P

There's just something about Overwatch that makes it addicting and fun compared to other FPS games.
Having fun with Zenyatta currently.

He may be super squishy, but a headshot with discord orb attached is enough to kill most heroes outright.

Also, I see you wanted to kill all my stunned teammates, but how about instead of killing them, you don't (pass into the iris).
And having alot of fun so far, yes there can be some frustrating situation , but thats in every PVP game.

That being said I find it very sad that I first pick an offense and find myself having to swap to a tank or support because everyone just wanna play assault.

Players need to adapt to map and objective instead of playing what they want.

This situation happens in 2 games out of 3 I play.

That being said its still just QM( even tho love to win in w/e mode im playing)
and things should get better as the hidden mmr system gets some data and starts doing a better job at matchmaking. ( I dont understand all the complaint about the matchmaking when the game has been out for 2 days. You know it takes several hundreds games to get an accurate personal mmr)
Sometimes I'm salty because I've been killed like four times in a row but overall I'm really having fun.
It's a bit too easy to rely only on ults but landing a devastating ult is sooooooo satisfying. RYU GA WAKA TEKI WO KURAU!
I am, but not nearly as much fun as I could be.

I think a lot of the problem is the matchmaker. I spend 99% of my time in games where my teammates are drastically worse at the game than I am (If there was any doubt about this, it can be proven by computing my medal averages vs games played, I average almost 3 medals per game, with the majority being gold). It's never fun to lose a match because your teammates simply don't help, because it feels like your contribution to the match doesn't matter. I would be having way more fun if I was playing with similarly skilled players.

I actually finally got into a good match last night, where everyone (both on my team and the enemy team) knew what they were doing. It was amazing. Unfortunately, it only lasted for about 3 games before it went back to trash.
When you sit down to play with friends at 7:30 and look up and it's 12:03 you're having fun.
For a while there, I thought this was just Battleborn with shorter matches. But thankfully, I gave it more time. It ain't perfect and I'm sure with a few tweaks here and there, this game has long-term potential. I'm having fun but if I'm looking for "competitive" play, the ending scoreboard needs to be more detailed. Otherwise, "everyone" is playing well (when we all know, that's not entirely true, for example, the person who is AFK and earns victory XP regardless).
Since when were video games made to have fun? They're obviously created solely for people to rant on internet forums.
I'm legitimately awful at all FPS games. Like just horrible. So it's difficult for me to find one that I enjoy. I'm pretty much a free kill in most FPS games, I've tried so hard to "git gud" but some things just arnt meant to be.

I am having so much fun with this game, even when I'm having a bad night, like last night, it's still fun for me and I can still maintain a k/d of at least 1, lol.
05/26/2016 08:12 AMPosted by Terotrous

I actually finally got into a good match last night, where everyone (both on my team and the enemy team) knew what they were doing. It was amazing. Unfortunately, it only lasted for about 3 games before it went back to trash.

On the PS4, there is a Recently Met Players (list) for each map that you'd played on. What I usually do is, to form a party with them in it. Not sure if you can do that on the PC or not.
05/26/2016 08:17 AMPosted by Kuga
Since when were video games made to have fun? They're obviously created solely for people to rant on internet forums.

^ haha
05/26/2016 08:12 AMPosted by Terotrous
I am, but not nearly as much fun as I could be.

I think a lot of the problem is the matchmaker. I spend 99% of my time in games where my teammates are drastically worse at the game than I am (If there was any doubt about this, it can be proven by computing my medal averages vs games played, I average almost 3 medals per game, with the majority being gold).

I'd rather take your word for than compute your medal averages vs your games played :-P ;-)

Think about it this way, you could be on a team were the players are drastically better than you then you would be a problem, currently your not a problem and that's a good thing isn't it... :)

In answer to the OP, yeah loads of fun!... I apologise if my enjoyment comes at the detriment of another player who's medal averages vs games played compute to a higher degree then my own..... Only kidding... I dont appologise at all :-) I paid my entrance fee
05/26/2016 08:18 AMPosted by Eclipse
I'm legitimately awful at all FPS games. Like just horrible. So it's difficult for me to find one that I enjoy. I'm pretty much a free kill in most FPS games, I've tried so hard to "git gud" but some things just arnt meant to be.

I am having so much fun with this game, even when I'm having a bad night, like last night, it's still fun for me and I can still maintain a k/d of at least 1, lol.

If killing isn't your thing then perhaps you can play as Mercy, Lucio or even Mei to support your team? Healing and blocking can be very satisfying too :)
I'm having fun for the majority of it.

There are a few matches where the teams are totally lopsided that aren't that fun, but at least they are over fairly quickly.

Also, there have been a few games where I very much suspect some 3rd party applications were assisting players, but I believe those to be solved with time.
I'd be having more fun if there were community servers.
Saw two cheaters today - considering I was in beta and had 1500+ games and only saw ONE in beta that was just merely suspicious... that's saying something.

But yeah, perfect snapping to headshots with no recoil on the snaps. Luckily it's easy you just right click report and move on. Blizzard handles the rest!
I'm having a blast. You're always going to have bad matches, or bad teams, or whatever, but it's just something you deal with. Last night I had my first decent game ever with Widowmaker! And also the best Overwatch game of my life with 76!
Whenever I'm with friends I have fun win or lose, But it does get really annoying solo queing sometimes.

I was just in a game where I was Zenyatta and we were attacking. The enemy team had a really good line of defense but my team was just to incompetent to deal with it. We had a Genji that wouldnt flank to kill their bastion, and everyone would just run in one by one to try and kill it (meanwhile its behind Reinhardt's shield)

So instead of playing smart and learning from their mistakes, two people swapped to widow maker and the rest of the team kept running one by one into the bastion thats shielded.