OW takes no skill

General Discussion
1 2 3 5 Next
Meta champs : mcree/reinheart/mercy/lucio/winston/widowmaker

How many of these champs actually require skill to play?

Mcree= press E and RMB insta kill anyone. If you miss press shift and try again. If you hit then you get two kills for almost no effort

Reinheart= Hold RMB, if you cant hold RMB just wait a while. Dont forget you have 2 other spells aswell not like it really matters

Mercy=Just chill bro, reinheart isnt going to die, and neither is mcree, you can afk if you want, we will probably still win if we have the above 2, but just incase.

Lucio= Spam RMB, dw about your LMB because you dont really need it, but spam it aswell just cos you can, Even if you dont hit anyone you still brought massive value to your team. Also being partially immortal by spamming wall ride is kinda nice, not that he really needed it.

Winston= maybe you need abit of skill for winston, but none of it is in shooting. Its just managing your massive long !@# cd for your shield but aside from that he is just as dumb as the other champs.

Widowmaker= an easier and more forgiving version of the sniper from TF2. Oh look, a hanzo, dw he doesnt 1 shot me anyway unless its a headshot, but with that projectile speed its never going to happen vs my hitscan. For somereason I have 200 hp aswell so nothing can really 1 shot me except for another widowmaker headshot. I also have one of the best escapes in the game so if i fk up it never really matters. OH AND I ALSO HAVE a close range weapon which i dont have to weapon swap to, just incase i wasn't broken enough already.

Other champs= illusion of variety.
Highly Rated
OP is salty he has lost of each of these heroes.
"Widowmaker require no skill!!"
OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG

Are you joking or what!?
If OW takes no skill, why are so many people complaining about loses and OP characters?
05/31/2016 06:49 PMPosted by BobWitchDR
If OW takes no skill, why are so many people complaining about loses and OP characters?

Because the game was made for casuals and casuals qq about the dumbest !@#$.
Meh... if you're trying to troll this is kind of a weak attempt.
Your opinion would carry more weight if you weren't playing console.
05/31/2016 06:50 PMPosted by Chronicler
Your opinion would carry more weight if you weren't playing console.

O !@#$ someone figured me out

https://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/dmirtygorach-1524
I never understood why people who aren't good at the game automatically assume that the game itself is the problem and it doesn't take any skill.

If it didn't take any skill, you'd be dominating every game you play. Don't say it takes no skill when you lose, it doesn't make sense.
So the hero's that take the least time to learn are the most popular at the moment. Can you think of some other reason this may be true? Maybe something like the game is a week old? I dunno, just throwing out ideas.
noob detected
So, which pro team do you play for, OP?
I agree this game takes literaly 0 skill, so many champs doesn't even need to aim , hitboxes are stupids, Hanzo is retarded, same for wm.

ults are retarded, completely broken, this game has no future in e-sport, such poor gameplay and balance.

If you dont have Reinhardt in your team Auto lose guaranteed, stupid broken tank able to protect these stupid bastion and tobjorn, this one is probably the most retarded character i ever seen in a online game. I though heimerdinguer was cancer until i met him.

Only 2 champs are skill based : Genji and Tracer. You can rework already the others.

The game still fun but for how long? I wont talk about Potg smh
05/31/2016 06:46 PMPosted by Starbuck
OP is salty he has lost of each of these heroes.

I have no rebuttal regarding game balance, and i also dont understand the concept of relative balance, so lets blame salt.
Apparently people equate "no skill" with "winning all the time".

No, that doesnt really happen. In a Skill vs Skill matchup, the person with more skill should win most of the time. It makes sense - the better you are, the better you play, and the better your record is.

Overwatch is severely imbalanced right now. As of right now, its not really a "Skill vs Skill" matchup. Its "whoever has the better picks" matchup. Ever try to snipe out a Widowmaker? The only way to do so is with another Widowmaker. It doesnt really matter how good you are at Hanzo. Widowmaker will win a snipe war. Winston will tank more than D.va ever will, and will disrupt/protect better than her in all situations.

And that makes it no skill. In a skill game, you should be able to outplay your opponents by minimizing your character's weaknesses and exploiting your enemy's. Overwatch has very little of that.
05/31/2016 07:10 PMPosted by Cuckoo
Apparently people equate "no skill" with "winning all the time".

No, that doesnt really happen. In a Skill vs Skill matchup, the person with more skill should win most of the time. It makes sense - the better you are, the better you play, and the better your record is.

Overwatch is severely imbalanced right now. As of right now, its not really a "Skill vs Skill" matchup. Its "whoever has the better picks" matchup. Ever try to snipe out a Widowmaker? The only way to do so is with another Widowmaker. It doesnt really matter how good you are at Hanzo. Widowmaker will win a snipe war. Winston will tank more than D.va ever will, and will disrupt/protect better than her in all situations.

And that makes it no skill. In a skill game, you should be able to outplay your opponents by minimizing your character's weaknesses and exploiting your enemy's. Overwatch has very little of that.

The only way to outskill players in this game is by picking more mcrees/op champs than the other player, then inthat way, you have outskilled them.
Game absolutely takes no skill, with the exception of a few heroes that do not get played as often because of that exact reason.

Reinhardt is mandatory on each attack team, because you are never going to make it around the corner hiding Torbjorn's turret and bastion otherwise.

I have never seen a game that forces the choosing of a character just to counter two obviously overpowered heroes. It makes the game not fun to play. Especially when it is you who is constantly forced to switch, because your team would rather COD team death match than fight for the objective.

I really don't see how Blizzard has not addressed this yet, as well as other things such as Mcree's ultimate that requires zero skill but rewards players with double/triple kills, or how weak Zenyatta is compared to the other supports.
Getting on a form and making a stupid post takes less skill.
05/31/2016 07:32 PMPosted by Audard
Getting on a form and making a stupid post takes less skill.

This is the foundation on which overwatch forums is built on.
If it takes no skill, why are you so bad at it?