Will there ever be clan support?

General Discussion
1 2 3 10 Next
Highly Rated
Overwatch is geared HEAVILY towards teamplay, which is pretty much impossible with pick upgroups.

Having played solo till lvl 11, this game is already starting to get boring and I can already see that unless I find me some regulars people to play with, I won't play much in the very near future.

Getting a regular group without a built in clan feature is simply too much of a hassle and LF Friend in the forum may get you some friend invites but it usually doesn't end up in a regular group

Does overwatch have any clan feature coming soon?
I really hope so as I enjoy this gameply quite a bit but playing solo is simply too stale for any longetivity
At end of game I tell people add me if they like playing together. This does two things, Ensures anyone I team up with has voice chat, and helps get bigger friend list to start building "Guild"
On the console, specifically PS4, you can create communities (they're basically like clan). There is also something call group chats built-in. Last but not least, there is party chat (voip/text chat) as well, allowing your friends who doesn't have the same games that you have to play on your PS4 remotely or simply use it as a form of communication outside of the game. It's centralized compared to playing on PC. You can also easily add people from previous match on your Recently Met Players list on the PS4.

On the PC, you have forums/TS/Vent to accomplish the same thing. But you need to put in a little bit more effort and possibly additional resources to accomplish the same thing as you would on a console.

I prefer PS4 because it makes my life easy. I have OW on PC as well.
Yah...I just feel that Overwatch would be so much more enjoyable with a built in clan system
10/10 excellent suggestion
We're big fans of the clan and guild systems in WoW and Diablo 3. A feature like this is something we're very interested in.
Highly Rated
05/27/2016 08:43 AMPosted by Jeff Kaplan
We're big fans of the clan and guild systems in WoW and Diablo 3. A feature like this is something we're very interested in.

SWEET!
Highly Rated
Finally, a clan that runs nothing but all Winston teams can be realized.
Highly Rated
05/27/2016 08:49 AMPosted by Overlard

Ape Aggregate...
Banana Bunch...
Monkey Men...
Gorilla Gang...

We'll figure it out.
05/27/2016 08:59 AMPosted by MCMancub

Ape Aggregate...
Banana Bunch...
Monkey Men...
Gorilla Gang...

We'll figure it out.

Planet of the Apes

Honestly i'm more interested in a Bastion-only clan called "Maximum Saltyness".
05/27/2016 08:59 AMPosted by MCMancub

Ape Aggregate...
Banana Bunch...
Monkey Men...
Gorilla Gang...

We'll figure it out.

you forgot peanut butter
Yes, Clan feature is much needed. For ranked and normal.
That would be nice indeed, also matchmaking options please

Lovely stuff, Can't wait :D

Dealidans
Had a team of soldiers demolish us yesterday...

"We're all soldiers." clan..

This would be a big upgrade for the game, can't come soon enough!!

Nice, good to hear it!

Please please give us Clan tags.
First of all, great suggestion. Can't wait for a system to be implemented. This will improve things greatly.

Second though, if you think team play in a pick up group is impossible, then you're attitude is part of the problem. I've had plenty of PUGs that were ranted at post game as being "another premade" despite us all being strangers. Will every group be like this? Surely not. There will always be bad players out there. Just don't be one of them. Have a positive attitude and go into the game with the mindset of "what will help my team win this game?" and let the pieces fall together.

Another thing to note, the higher level you get, the more people generally have learned how to properly work as a team. At level 11, you're still pretty much at the point where most people have got used to the controls and have a general gist of some of the characters, but are still lacking in terms of knowing how work out macro game play. It gets better as you level since matchmaking will try to group you with people of similar level and experience.