Can we have an indication of people that are premades?

General Discussion
Trying to communicate with 5 other players in Overwatch, AND get them to join the same voice channel as you in the settings menu, is like trying to rotate the moon with a food blender.

Premades should fight same sized premades, not pugs.
06/17/2016 07:08 AMPosted by Littleman
06/17/2016 06:49 AMPosted by SevenMD

Ehh I think he's right. People see a premade and they leave during hero selection. People leave during hero selection for much smaller reasons as it is. That would make sense why Blizzard removed it.

The issue is better handled by not having pre-mades go up against randoms, not by hiding the fact that pre-mades are going up against randoms.

It seems like they aren't confident in being able to keep queue times low if they split the playerbase like that. I would imagine the amount of premades currently queuing is a very tiny percentage of the overall playerbase.

Would be really cool if Blizzard could give us numbers so we didn't have to speculate and argue, though.
06/17/2016 07:08 AMPosted by Littleman
06/17/2016 06:49 AMPosted by SevenMD

Ehh I think he's right. People see a premade and they leave during hero selection. People leave during hero selection for much smaller reasons as it is. That would make sense why Blizzard removed it.

The issue is better handled by not having pre-mades go up against randoms, not by hiding the fact that pre-mades are going up against randoms.

They generally don't pre-mades actually won't be put against randoms until the queue for them gets to about 4 minutes, at least that is what it appears from my playing as a pre-made. They have to get people playing somehow, and if there isn't another pre-made available to pit them against then I'm sorry randoms have to make due. They have ALWAYS said this is a primarily team game, and was designed specifically for that purpose. Are you saying pre-mades, by virtue pf being pre-mades, are less deserving of playing a game, which is designed for teams, in a reasonable amount of time than solo players?
06/17/2016 07:36 AMPosted by Sturmtiger
Trying to communicate with 5 other players in Overwatch, AND get them to join the same voice channel as you in the settings menu, is like trying to rotate the moon with a food blender.

Premades should fight same sized premades, not pugs.

Fun fact: You don't even need to communicate to play well.
Most of the stuff that happens is said by the characters.
In rare cases I had games where I didn't have to say anything simply because everyone knew their roles. Getting up on the payload as bastion and being covered by Reinhardt without having to tell him anything. That is how everyone should play.
06/17/2016 06:59 AMPosted by ZusE
Bilzzard doesn't want you to run away from the match, if you get matched with promenades its most likely that MM could not find another premade group to match up with them. Hence you were chosen.

Just communicate with your team and most importantly,

Git Gud!

"Git Gud" shows your level of ignorance.
06/17/2016 06:29 AMPosted by Fez
Similar to HOTS, before the game starts, you should be able to see people that are grouped together.

I would defiantly love to see that also :)
Are you saying pre-mades, by virtue pf being pre-mades, are less deserving of playing a game, which is designed for teams, in a reasonable amount of time than solo players?

When it impacts the enjoyment of the game by solo players, yes.

I prefer to solo queue. In my experience the first game of a day (or first few), I expect to lose handily as I'm put in a team with other solo players. The group is usually placed against entirely possible teams who have been playing together for however many hours, communicating effectively in voice chat and playing well-practiced characters. This continues until enough players are shuffled around and/or log out so the changed group I'm in gets matched against players/teams that should have been matched against initially.

It doesn't make for that much of an enjoyable game experience. As a result, it feels like grinding for the next loot box or chunk of experience. Both of which aren't much of a reward to strive towards.
06/17/2016 07:40 AMPosted by Mltdwn
Are you saying pre-mades, by virtue pf being pre-mades, are less deserving of playing a game, which is designed for teams, in a reasonable amount of time than solo players?

There are 10 million people playing this game. It should not be hard to find a good match regardless of team size.

If queue times start to be a problem, tailor the matchmaker so it favours equal group size over equal skill (it should still consider both, but it should try to match by group first, then skill, not the other way around).
Similar to HOTS, before the game starts, you should be able to see people that are grouped together.

We just added this to Competitive Play. We'll see how that goes and then consider adding it to other modes.
06/17/2016 06:40 AMPosted by bekisar
06/17/2016 06:37 AMPosted by SevenMD
I swear you used to be able to see who was grouped together in closed beta.. Maybe I'm going crazy. But if not, then I really don't know why they would hide it.

Because people will just left during the character selection screen knowing they are bunch of solo players fighting against 6 man premades.

Yeah but it helps when two or three players on the other side are constantly smack talking. Then you know they are just a premade who always play together .
06/17/2016 08:16 AMPosted by Jeff Kaplan

We just added this to Competitive Play. We'll see how that goes and then consider adding it to other modes.

Yes! Thank you so much Jeff. This is great news, very happy to see it.
Intrigued to see how it plays out in your internal playtests. I am in favor of this feature as a general concept.
I swear you used to be able to see who was grouped together in closed beta.. Maybe I'm going crazy. But if not, then I really don't know why they would hide it.

Because people will just left during the character selection screen knowing they are bunch of solo players fighting against 6 man premades.

Yeah but it helps when two or three players on the other side are constantly smack talking. Then you know they are just a premade who always play together .

Thank you! :)
At the very least they need to add a "Mercenary Mode" where only queuing is allowed

While I have to thank you for your repeated responsiveness - I have to respectfully wonder why you need to consider this. It should go without saying to show who is up against who. Being in a pre-made team is probably more impactful than individual skill. Why would you only show the least meaningful thing: level ?

Sounds like a premade group's problem. Why should a 6 man premade get a match at the expense solo queuer's who, with a good chance, will lose that match.

They need to wait in queue until the MM finds them another 6 man premade.
06/17/2016 09:00 AMPosted by florf

While I have to thank you for your repeated responsiveness - I have to respectfully wonder why you need to consider this. It should go without saying to show who is up against who. Being in a pre-made team is probably more impactful than individual skill. Why would you only show the least meaningful thing: level ?

Cause its quick play, not looking for a wife. Players cherry picking their matches will just lead to longer queue times for everyone.
06/17/2016 09:06 AMPosted by J7stR
06/17/2016 09:00 AMPosted by florf

Cause its quick play, not looking for a wife. Players cherry picking their matches will just lead to longer queue times for everyone.

They would cherry pick if they consider the matches unfun. If the MM is as good as it should be there would be nothing to worry about.
06/17/2016 09:06 AMPosted by J7stR

Yeah sorry, I don't care if its just quick play, Im not signing up to get stomped on by a premade with a huge advantage, and neither should anyone else that doesn't want to. People will just flat out stop playing altogether before they are going to keep coming back to get crushed in an unfair matchup, which will also lead to longer queue times for everyone.

There either needs to be a dedicated solo only queue, or we need to be able to see who is in a group and who isn't.