Is there a hidden boost @ 99%?

General Discussion
Is there a hidden boost @ 99% to the other team? I've seen capture point maps reach that number and watch the other team just suddenly gain skill. I've seen it way too often to just be a "omg get on the point" thing.
I've seen it from both sides, and either it's psychological or there is something else going on.

Damage?
Faster Ult generation?

Nothing at all?

I'm just curious, I don't care if there is or isn't.
Yeah, it's called "desire to win". Also often times crappy players leave and good ones come in for that very last push. And miracles happen.
That's when the people playing TDM suddenly realize they have to play the point or the match ends. I have been on a lot of teams where I'm the only one who touches the point until overtime, and then we win the match because suddenly my team starts backing me up.
The final few second force even the worst teams to band together, even if they don't realize they're doing it. Everyone has to go to the point or they lose, so they unwittingly group up and push together.
It's the mad rush. Sometimes, all they needed to do was throw bodies and bullets downrange with no regard for k/d/a because k/d/a means if you lose lol
there is nothing, normally what you are seeing is a combination of two things, panic factor making people more willing to FIGHT ON THE POINT, and the fact that the other team wasn't really that bad and likely had near constant contestation of the point, but in KOTH the cap value still goes up with a contested point until it hits 99% making there be no difference between a stomp and a constant close struggle.
It's the mad rush. Sometimes, all they needed to do was throw bodies and bullets downrange with no regard for k/d/a because k/d/a meansf you lose lol

K/D/A means nothing in this game anyway. (Realize this.)
POTG Awards nothing.
Cards Award nothing.

People should play like that 99% all the time.
I've seen it happen like 60 times, it hits 99% and magic. Not 98. not 97. Always 99. That's what made me wonder if there's some sort of catch up mechanic.

Edit: I hope they alter the POTG to be like it was when it was 100% Zenyattas.
It is psychological. One of the biggest and most common mistakes in this game is that people play scared, literally terrified of dying, like its their real life and they won't respawn. Aggression wins in this game, and timidity is punished.

When the clock starts ticking down to the end, what you see is forced aggression. There is no longer a choice, its attack or lose, and so people do what they could have done 5 minutes ago, but were too scared to.
Nah, it is just that whole time before they had to capture that point to have something, and now all they have to do is a one step on it and overtime extends. Overtime is just too easy to keep it up, so they spam and spam your point with corpses, until your defense is breached. And then you do the same.
Let me explain it better, what is your objective whole game:
1. To group up and capture point, hold it enough time .
2. To defend it.
3. To group up and move the payload.

What is your objective during Overtime(loosing side):
1. Spam objective with your bodies. Touch&run. Anything of that.

Here. It is just MUCH simpler to keep ovetime up, then to defend or capture. Thats why overtime turns the direction of battle so much. That is why overtime helps worse teams so much.
I like to call it playing the objective. If you notice any game you get stomped or stomp...your team is playing the objective really hard. So when the game is about to end all of the sudden your or their entire team all goes and stays on the objective grouped...go figure the game suddenly changes when your whole team is close by, generally focus'ing similar targets or all in Lucio or general healer LOS, etc.
NO, its not desire to win, no its not realizing that you have to get on the point.
There is definitely something that is forcing an "exciting" game at that point.
This happens far to often to be people just realizing that they have to play the point.
I just watched an ESL game between Colorado Clutch and Frame One where this happens again.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqOMJMI3O34
the 8 minute mark you will see this happen.

I think it is simply another "participation trophy" that Blizzard has put into the game to try to keep players from getting blown out 99-0 all the time.
The 99-0 does happen every once in a while but the 99 tick comeback happens way more often than the 99 - 0 blowout.
Not a coincidence...
It happens because the team doesn't feel like playing the game until they're about to lose. By then, it's already too late.
Ult economy and coordinated team pushes.
09/07/2016 08:17 AMPosted by BrownUnibrow
It happens because the team doesn't feel like playing the game until they're about to lose. By then, it's already too late.

So pro players also do this?
Pro teams dont feel like playing the game until they are about to lose?
Please explain
06/12/2016 10:05 AMPosted by Crimedog
Is there a hidden boost @ 99% to the other team? I've seen capture point maps reach that number and watch the other team just suddenly gain skill. I've seen it way too often to just be a "omg get on the point" thing.
I've seen it from both sides, and either it's psychological or there is something else going on.

Damage?
Faster Ult generation?

Nothing at all?

I'm just curious, I don't care if there is or isn't.

Nothing at all.
09/07/2016 08:24 AMPosted by nocdevon

Please explain

It's just the now or never mentality. Everyone is forced to go all in at the same time and it just happens.

Please explain

Its the mentality throughout the game, conserving ults and plays until "the most opportune moment appears" At the end its do or die. So you put everything without conserving anything into it for 1 "final" fight.

Please explain

It is true. You dont see the losing team do a coordinated push with all 6 members until it hits 99% overtime. It happens a lot. I'm not saying it always happens. Pros are always coordinated and push as a team. There's a reason they're pros.
It forces teams to work together and focus on the objective for once.