Fix Mei

General Discussion
Out of all the characters in Overwatch, Mei is by far the least fun to play against. This is because she can freeze most characters incredibly quickly and finish them off with a headshot. Furthermore, if she is caught off guard with low health she can hide in a block of ice to regain her lost health and then continue to freeze the opponent. If she is caught in the block of ice and then cannot freeze her opponent then she can just put up a wall of ice long enough for her to get away. This makes gameplay unfair and not fun, I suggest having her freeze slowdown nerfed so that players can get away and return fire, also, she needs her ultimate require more charge to activate and reduce the slowdown so players can get away. Thank you for considering these changes to be made in Overwatch.
I have to disagree. She can freeze players in a perfect amount of time (not too quick or too long) imo. She is also hard countered if you are with at least one other person and you double team her (don't take that the wrong way...). Sounds like to me you play on your own and therefore you are having a more difficult time which is understandable.
You're going to get crushed by the MEI=BAE crowd. Any semblance, or implication of nerfing/changing her "freeze until instakill" toolkit is met with frothing mouths and downvotes.

Even if you're right, can't convince folks otherwise.
Her freeze should simply root. Not remove complete control.

Lock you in place. Perhaps slow your firing and aiming speed. But not take it all away completely.
You think that she is OP because you do not yet have a grasp on the basic mechanics of this game yet, but if you actually looked at the statistics posted here:

http://www.planetoverwatch.org/11-overwatch-hero-meta-report-the-grand-beta-review

You would realize that she was the least picked hero out of all the heroes in the beta, closed and open. She also saw no play in the tournaments held during the beta. She does not have enough impact in higher levels of play.

Yes, noobs will think she is OP because she can 1v1 them and it seems like they cant do anything about it, but in a couple weeks when people actually know how to play this game will come to understand that her and Bastion need some serious changes to make them less toxic against new players and more viable in higher levels of play where they are essentially dead weight to their team and a free kill to the enemy team.

06/01/2016 06:32 PMPosted by Break
You're going to get crushed by the MEI=BAE crowd. Any semblance, or implication of nerfing/changing her "freeze until instakill" toolkit is met with frothing mouths and downvotes.

There are downvotes because Mei does not need nerfs, she is a bottom tier hero that is never picked at higher levels of play. Mass amounts of downvotes are not given for no reason, take the hint.
06/01/2016 06:38 PMPosted by ScrapDraft

She would be literally useless then. Who wants a character on their team that just runs around in melee range and roots people?

I admit I play as Mei sometimes, but I obviously go up against Mei as well, and I think she's fine. Playing as her and realizing the limited range of her weapon really gives you an idea of how to avoid getting frozen by her.

Not to mention being in melee range means Lucio can knock you back, Reinhardt can charge you or use his ultimate, all ranged damage dealers can easily kill her before she gets anywhere close enough, she's really only useful in those situations if she can catch people by surprise.

She has amazing survivability with her ice block and ice wall, but take away her freezing ability and she really brings almost nothing to the table.

QFT.

Lock you in place. Perhaps slow your firing and aiming speed. But not take it all away completely.

I don't get this attitude. I mean, when I die to roadhog (as just one example), I get hooked (lose all control of my character from range) and then instant die to his flak gun. (old UT reference). I guess people would rather be yanked very quickly into deadly instant death range by a TANK and then instant die.

Maybe it's a psychological thing. People would rather lose control over their character quickly, and die super quick, than lose control slowly then die.
06/01/2016 06:51 PMPosted by Pontianak

I don't get this attitude. I mean, when I die to roadhog (as just one example), I get hooked (lose all control of my character from range) and then instant die to his flak gun. (old UT reference). I guess people would rather be yanked very quickly into deadly instant death range by a TANK and then instant die.

Maybe it's a psychological thing. People would rather lose control over their character quickly, and die super quick, than lose control slowly then die.

There is currently a heavy degree of outrage over not being able to dodge/avoid hooks that clearly do not hit you due to hitscan and 20 tick gaming.

Same concept. No matter what you do, you instantly die during CC that may/may not have hit you.
Mei and Bastion are idiot-proofer classes.

Once you're experienced, they're more annoying than lethal.

So exactly how are you right? I think I am right, therefore anyone that disagrees with me is not right. Right? I don't need any evidence to support my case other then my own experience which is worth more then any other person.
06/01/2016 06:56 PMPosted by Break
06/01/2016 06:51 PMPosted by Pontianak

There is currently a heavy degree of outrage over not being able to dodge/avoid hooks that clearly do not hit you due to hitscan and 20 tick gaming.

Same concept. No matter what you do, you instantly die during CC that may/may not have hit you.

I have seen many a 1/10th of the Nerf Roadhog whine threads than I have seen as Mei. On the front page alone I see 4 separate threads for people calling for Mei nerfs (one of the least played characters in the game) and NO nerf roadhog posts (for the record, I don't believe roadhog needs a nerf). I also see Roadhog played much more often than Mei.

So again, I see this as a psychology issue.
Mei's freeze has longer range than McCree's flashbang.
Mei's freeze has longer duration than McCree's flashbang.
Mei's freeze has no cooldown.
Mei's freeze slows enemies and prevents them from escaping.
Mei's freeze interferes with opponents' aiming.
Mei has more hp than McCree and all 200 hp characters.
Mei can go invulnerable.
Mei can heal.
Mei can prevent enemies from escaping.
Mei can prevent enemies from chasing.
Mei's secondary can headshot for 140 damage.
Mei's secondary can fire a full icicle even with only 1/200 ammo remaining.
Mei's secondary has about triple the fire rate of Hanzo's bow.
Mei has no movement penalty while charging secondary shots, unlike Hanzo's bow.

These are not opinions, merely facts. Interpret them how you will.
All negative comments come from players who had played against really good Mei player (lol) I am not sure you are playing 1vs1 with Mei or playing as a Teamwork? If you are with a good teamwork, not even 6 Mei cannot win against you.

Never heard about "Nerf Mei" posts while in Beta period.
Mei makes me flee in terror as Reinhardt. My barrier does nothing vs primary... or maybe it does and I just panicked and started swing is if being attacked by Bee's. Always end up frozen and eating Icicles to the head. And the guy that suggested to use charge when she gets close..... it's rather hard to time and aim it while she dances around you. I use it to prevent myself from getting frozen but if I hit her, bonus! Also good to get out of her ultimate. But if my team is behind me while I shield then she just impales herself trying to freeze me.

The only thing I don't think is right about her is she is to beefy a class that has a long range sniper type attack and that can self heal. The only other beefy class that has a self heal is Roadhog but he has no range and is a front runner and you can still pound on him while he heal. Just my thoughts.
You kids are actually arguing that Mei is better than McCree or Roadhog? I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but you're bad at this game.