Is Tracer Immortal?

General Discussion
Just a fun little thought.

If she can control her own time, Does that mean she can technically stay the same age forever? Has Winston discovered a way to make it so people can live eternally?! Or at least until the battery life runs out on her chronal accelerator?
I thought this was..."tracer is OP bait". Your title is misleading.
I was thinking this too... I'm not sure. If she is able to heal wounds by rewinding time perhaps she is. Unless she can only rewind to a certain time limit like a few minutes/seconds like in game. When they say she can "control her own time" I wonder when/If she gets angry can she talk backwards at will or do things backward without rewinding her postion and what not or think really fast. That would be cool.
06/18/2016 08:26 AMPosted by MightySquare

If she can control her own time, Does that mean she can technically stay the same age forever? Has Winston discovered a way to make it so people can live eternally?! Or at least until the battery life runs out on her chronal accelerator?
Well not sure it would make other people immortal as she had a accident which affected her timeline already, but i imagine she would easily be able to control her age as well so id say shes most likely immortal
So she can stay looking like a pre-pubescent boy forever
No Tracer can still die. She was a test pilot for a next gen teleporting fighter plane when it malfunctioned and she disappeared. She was pretty much stuck in a time limbo and Winston found a way to anchor her back in our space time. This allowed her to either speed up time or slow it down. But she can still die from a bullet shot. After all you can't control time if you're dead.

Edit: If the battery does run out on her chronal accelerator then she'll simply "disappear" back into a time limbo again.
06/18/2016 08:39 AMPosted by Zero
No Tracer can still die. She was a test pilot for a next gen teleporting fighter plane when it malfunctioned and she disappeared. She was pretty much stuck in a time limbo and Winston found a way to anchor her back in our space time. This allowed her to either speed up time or slow it down. But she can still die from a bullet shot. After all you can't control time if you're dead.

Edit: If the battery does run out on her chronal accelerator then she'll simply "disappear" back into a time limbo again.

I love this kind of backstory but have no idea where it comes from. Is there a pile of stories on some blizzard site? I only know about the comics.
06/18/2016 08:53 AMPosted by minorhero
06/18/2016 08:39 AMPosted by Zero

I love this kind of backstory but have no idea where it comes from. Is there a pile of stories on some blizzard site? I only know about the comics.

You can go to overwatch.wikia.com for good summaries of each hero's story. I'm not sure where it all came from, though.
06/18/2016 08:26 AMPosted by MightySquare

I think I saw somewhere that she is described as a "living ghost" and stuck at her current age.
06/18/2016 09:05 AMPosted by Teltae
You can go to overwatch.wikia.com for good summaries of each hero's story. I'm not sure where it all came from, though.

You can read each character's backstory on the official Overwatch site. Just look at the hero list and they're all there! I think that's where the Wiki got them all from, and also throws in the stories from the cinematic and comics.

Anyway, I think Tracer still ages: She can only manipulate time to limited degrees. The Accelerator was meant to anchor her to a timeline while giving her limited personal timeline-altering abilities.

I dunno if the Accelerator has a battery or anything, but it can certainly be damaged or destroyed, if the Widow vs. Tracer cinematic is accurate.
Me and my friends thought about this and we think that she is not getting any older.
Currently we don't know when she joined overwatch but we know that she was a former. Between the 2 omnic crysis 15 years passed but
in the recent animated short(alive)she didn't looked that old.
Sort of off-topic but I think Mei might be immortal. Some of the in-game hero interaction would lead me to believe that. Sometimes, Mei will remark how Mercy hasn't aged a day, and Mercy will respond, kind of with eyebrow raised, "Neither have you..."
06/18/2016 10:52 AMPosted by Graymalkin
Sort of off-topic but I think Mei might be immortal. Some of the in-game hero interaction would lead me to believe that. Sometimes, Mei will remark how Mercy hasn't aged a day, and Mercy will respond, kind of with eyebrow raised, "Neither have you..."

Sometimes Mercy will ask Mei "What's your secret?" Mei will respond "Cryo-stasis. ...I don't recommend it."
Mei isn't immortal but she was frozen before the omnic crysis was over hence "Cryo-stasis. ...I don't recommend it."