AMD switchable graphics always using integrated card

Technical Support
Prev 1 11 12 13 Next
11/24/2016 07:31 PMPosted by ArcticWolf
Hello im trying to see if my desktop can handle overwatch. I have a AMD FX-4300 3.80GHZ Quad-Core with NVIDIA GeForce GT 720 1GB Video Card. I spent around an hour looking for all the information to see if this will handle overwatch and could not find out.

11/24/2016 07:31 PMPosted by ArcticWolf
Hello im trying to see if my desktop can handle overwatch. I have a AMD FX-4300 3.80GHZ Quad-Core with NVIDIA GeForce GT 720 1GB Video Card. I spent around an hour looking for all the information to see if this will handle overwatch and could not find out.

I'm pretty sure that will handle it
Sorry for posting this here but i need help, i am new on battle net and i cant create topics, i dont know how it works at all.

Actually i have a PC with this specifications:
-Processor: Core i7 6820HQ at 2.70 GHz (4 physical cpu's), that has the integrated intel hd graphics 530.
-8 GB RAM DDR4.
-The monitor supports full HD resolution.

The matter is that i have to wait a little bit more to buy a graphics card for the PC, but i want to play overwatch these days, my question is that if can i have a good or a least a decent gaming experience on low detail settings? how many FPS would i have on 720P?
Hello, I just bought the game today and I have a Lenovo G50-45 laptop with dedicated AMD Radeon R5 2 GB graphics card.
Game uses integrated card instead, I double checked with GPU-Z wich shows integrated card at 96% and dedicated card at 0% while running Overwatch.
I did a clean install of latest AMD drivers after a manual search, my power management is set to performance on everything, I manually added whatever has to do with Overwatch on maximum performance inside the Crimson manager (game + battlenet launchers) but nothing seems to work. Any ideas?
http://pastebin.com/bcLhRzAR <--- dxdiag
http://gpuz.techpowerup.com/16/12/18/guz.png <--- GPU-Z sreenshot, integrated.
http://gpuz.techpowerup.com/16/12/18/3mx.png <--- GPU-Z screenshot, dedicated.
Update : I got a refund for this game, ain't worth all the trouble.
It's December and this still isn't fixed?

I got a fully loaded Dell Latitude e6440 with 1080p switchable AMD Radeon HD 8690M and OW still insisting on using the low HD graphics 4600. Thankfully my desktop build should arrive after Christmas after ordering the parts today (i5 6600 with RX480) but still I would like to game on my laptop when I'm away or with friends.

Blizzard I am Disappoint.
I can't even playing on my gaming laptop while i install overwatch on surface pro 3 and it worked with low setting but it still really bad graphics LOL
I bought Overwatch for PC when it was released, and still i can't play it on my computer.

Thank you Blizzard, thank you.
06/10/2016 06:05 PMPosted by StoneSpring
Oh man we are trying so hard but not getting anywhere. The game still shows Intel HD Graphics 4600 on the settings menu :/ Thank you for help tho, i think i'll wait for a fix, there is nothing to do
I think I can help you :) I think your monitor (PC screen) is plugged in to the wrong place. I think your monitor is connected to your motherboard, and that automaticly makes the monitor think that you want to use the GPU (Graphic card) inbuilt. You need to plug your monitor into the port a little bit lower than the one you are plugged into now. Its the same port as the one you are plugged into now but its a little bit more down.
12/24/2016 04:16 AMPosted by Berkinka
I bought Overwatch for PC when it was released, and still i can't play it on my computer.

What is your problem? I can try helping you!

If it is that problem with the GPU (Graphic card) i can help you out! You just need to tell wich graphic card you are using.
12/25/2016 01:16 PMPosted by HenrikWQG

If it is that problem with the GPU (Graphic card) i can help you out! You just need to tell wich graphic card you are using.

I am having that problem, my dedicated graphics card is the Radeon HD 7400M Series, the integrated one (the one it uses when I run the game) is an Intel HD 3000
So guys, I found on the internet a quiet working solution for Overwatch, it not fixes all the problems just the most of them, so here's a post from reddit what i found:

"So i've pretty much noticed on the overwatch forums and also reddit that everyone has been having problems with overwatch detecting the wrong gpu despite setting the .exe file to high performance. I'm not sure if it works with everyone but because of this my FPS increased alot so i can pretty much assume its already using the right graphics card even though the error still pops up. What i did was in C:\Users\your user account\Documents\Overwatch\SettingsC:\Users\xxxx\Documents\Overwatch\Settings there is a file called Settings_v0.ini Opening it you'll all the options of the game but there is one thing you need to pay attention is the [GPU.5] section. [GPU.5] GPUDeviceID = "278" GPUName = "Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000" GPUScaler = "86.000000" GPUVenderID = "32902"
What you're going to do is search for the GPUDeviceID and the GPUVenderID of the graphics card you want it to detect and for mine im going to use the AMD Radeon HD 8750M. I went to http://www.pcidatabase.com to search for the stuff i need. I found it as "0x6600" for my device id and "0x1002" as the vendor id. Obviously you can't put 0x1002 and 0x6600 so you're gonna have to convert it to decimal by going to http://www.hexadecimaldictionary.com/hexadecimal/ After finding the decimal of the Device ID you have you're going to reopen the settings_v0.ini. You're going to replace the GPU section with what you have gotten. [GPU.5] GPUDeviceID = "26112" GPUName = "Radeon HD 8600M/8700M/8750M" GPUScaler = "86.000000" GPUVenderID = "4098" Just press save and before you launch the game you're gonna have to set the .ini file to Read only so that overwatch doesnt edit. After doing this you are going to get an FPS increase even though you'll get that error saying "drivers are outdated". The only problem i have with this so far is the texture quality can't be changed even though you'll restart it it will just go straight to medium."

It says that you will get erros about outdated drivers, but I with the newest driver didn't popped up, the only problem here is you can't change the texture settings from High, but I have a decent 45-59 fps and it's pretty playable. Note that it will show you that the game is running on the integrated gpu, but it's not, and also change the rander scale to 100% and if you want you can change that you will be always in fullscreen mode in the Settings_v0.ini file - change the WindowMode = "1" to "0". That's all I hope it help :)
I am having the same problem,

Laptop msi GX60 with switchable graphic HD7660 / AMD HD 7970,

the game can't detect AMD 7970.help plis
01/02/2017 07:00 AMPosted by Crownerd

It says that you will get erros about outdated drivers, but I with the newest driver didn't popped up, the only problem here is you can't change the texture settings from High, but I have a decent 45-59 fps and it's pretty playable. Note that it will show you that the game is running on the integrated gpu, but it's not, and also change the rander scale to 100% and if you want you can change that you will be always in fullscreen mode in the Settings_v0.ini file - change the WindowMode = "1" to "0". That's all I hope it help :)

Im trying to do this, doesnt look like its working. I think its because i cant seem to find my GPU ID properly. What I have is AMD Radeon HD 7570M/HD 7670M Graphics. I can only find Radeon HD7570M and not the whole thing :\
I've tried to look online but nothing. Including the sites you provided in the post.
Changing switchable graphics to performance didnt work on my gf notebook, even with 15.7 non-crimson driver, i think we've to write correctly the card inside the settings file (since from fresh start it only writes integrated card in it) and del integrated card's info maz force it to work
GPUDeviceID/GPUName/GPUVenderID
from cpu-z we can get that info and can view it on hexadecimaldictionary ,but, couldnt make it run without the integrated card info. Is it running with it just still writes the integrated info in options? for example my gf's r7 m360 isnt that good like the non- m 360 in desktop .. DD cant expect much from it
https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/comments/5ngyvi/guild_how_to_fix_problem_with_switchable_amd/ Try this one
I have a "NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 med 4 GB" grafikcard well that be enough to pley overwatch on normal grafickes?
I'm so angry i bough ovewatch and it says I dont have a good graphics card >:(
Still no answer from support? Yeah, cool, gl with that Blizzard