Avoid This Player.

General Discussion
"Avoid This Player" function obviously does NOT work as I've gotten teamed up or teamed against this one toxic !@# player, not just once, but about 4 games in a row now.

Why did you made this function, "Avoid This Player", if it doesn't work anyways?
maybe because you were already teamed up with that person? did you leave and start a new queue just to get teamed up with that player again? If yes, I can see a bug, but I suspect you put them on avoid and stuck around... for 4 games...
Avoid does not guarantee that you will never see "X" player. It just tells matchmaking that you would prefer not to see them.

*This is how it has worked so far. I do not believe there has been an official statement on it, as of yet.
Options page for those is broken at me, prefered players along with avoided players reset when I close the game. It also mirrors first page on following pages too; people I never ticked shows up as ticked exactly same as first page.

I would suspect that this is just a placebo relief if I didn't see it worked on others.
Vaedren beat us to it.

Its Avoid, not Blacklist.

Avoid just means "Don't team me up if you can help it", it does not mean "never let me see this person again."

If the avoided person is the only one in the right MMR range for the game to make a balanced set of teams, they're going to be there. Only other option is an unbalanced fight for everyone, which isn't fair to the other 10 people in the game.
obvious answer is to out toxic him.

do you even internet, bro?
Maybe Blizzard knows you two are meant to be together and he's just tsundere for you.
Are you aware that it will keep the lobby together if no one backs out?
06/13/2016 12:14 PMPosted by Vaedren
Avoid does not guarantee that you will never see "X" player. It just tells matchmaking that you would prefer not to see them.

*This is how it has worked so far. I do not believe there has been an official statement on it, as of yet.

So you say the EU does not have enough players? I get full teams already avoided.

Pretty sure the avoid player feature is very bugged right now. If I recall basically if you mark someone as "avoid this player" right now it is actually putting those players on your "preferred player" list.

This was a bug that was reported during the beta that was never fixed.

On paper, I just had 3 matches in a row with people on my Avoid List. And not just like one. 2-3 in each match. I could duck out of the first 2 because it was on "Assembling" but got pinned in the 3rd one with 3 of them. None of them were repeats and my list is less than 20 people long. So it managed in 3 attempts to pick like half my Avoid list in a row.

It doesn't remotely work on any level. If anything it feels like it tries to match you with them more because I hardly ever see the same names from match to match; unless they're on my Avoid List, then I see those people constantly.
06/13/2016 12:56 PMPosted by Iqqi

Pretty sure the avoid player feature is very bugged right now. If I recall basically if you mark someone as "avoid this player" right now it is actually putting those players on your "preferred player" list.

This was a bug that was reported during the beta that was never fixed.

Now this, this I believe and for some reason it doesn't surprise me at all.

Is there any easy way to clear the list so I don't have non-stop !@#$birds?
06/06/2016 03:22 PMPosted by Jeff Kaplan
06/06/2016 03:13 PMPosted by Marcellus
Right now the options to avoid and prefer a player are bugged in the recent players tab. It tags the player slot and not the player itself - I believe this bug has already been reported to Blizzard, at least according to Google and I hope they are aware of it.

However, there is also the option to press the P key and from there on either avoid or prefer players. So far I have been using this - until I ran into a player I previously avoided, checked his profile and it turns out he was not checked as avoided anymore. I then tested this with a couple more people, preferring and avoiding them, and in the following games those options two were again unchecked.

Is this bugged as well or is the option automatically unchecking itself after reloading the game, therefore working as intended? Sorry if this is the wrong forum.

The system doesn't 100% guarantee that you will or will not be matched with people you prefer/avoid. And we frequently do iterations on this feature as it ties into matchmaking quality. So at times we have weighted the importance of the feature too high and it has caused some undesired behavior.
06/13/2016 12:07 PMPosted by Kayin
"Avoid This Player" function obviously does NOT work as I've gotten teamed up or teamed against this one toxic !@# player, not just once, but about 4 games in a row now.

Why did you made this function, "Avoid This Player", if it doesn't work anyways?

It doesn't work because the "Recent Players" tab is bugged. If you use this feature in conjunction with the recent players tab then the Avoid/Prefer tags will drop off of who you put them on. The Recent Players tab will actually only tag the placeholder with "prefer/avoid". If you pay attention when you avoid/prefer and check the same players a few games later after more have populated the list, then whatever player is sitting in the same placeholder as the one you avoid/prefered will be tagged and the player that you actually tagged will no longer have an avoid/prefer tag. This has been reported over and over and judging by the responses made by eff, I don't think that Blizz even realizes this yet. He is still talking about how the system "works" rather than how the system is "bugged and not working due to Recent player tab being bugged"

The solution is to only avoid/prefer players using the Groups tab. unfortunately you have to do this during game otherwise you will not have access to clicking on the person once they have left the team. Although I am not even sure if it works here yet as I havent avoid/prefered enough people using this tab to ever even see if they show up with the same avoid/prefer tag
I have attempted to avoid one particular player and consistently run into them every night since launch. When I go to my recent players list the "avoid this player" option is no longer ticked on this person and sometimes if I hit it during a game I can check again a minute later and it will once again be unticked.

Pretty sure the option is 100% feel good and 0% implemented.