Blizzard can you tell us the next step of Overwatch?

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 30 Next
Thanks for the detailed post!

Currently, do you focus hero development on more tank and especially support heroes? Because there only three healing supports right now an I'm sure players want a bit more diversity.

Or is the process of hero creation something that can't be guided that easily?
Jeff just wanted to give a big thanks for the info its very very rare to see a developer spend this much time working intimately with a gamer community and its not unnoticed :). Super stoked to see what is coming down the pipeline.
06/15/2016 09:12 AMPosted by Jeff Kaplan
06/15/2016 09:10 AMPosted by OmegaMan
Jeff can we expect more Heroes and Maps before the end of the year? I am not asking for an specific date but more like a time window. thanks

Yes

brb gonna jump around happily in my room
Play of the game:

Jeff Kaplan
Two things I really want are more maps and social tools. I am interested in adding people in voice chat to my friends for later pre-made grouping etc. Right now I don't know who I am talking with, would be nice if there was some indicator icon. I think someone said you could right click from the p menu to add friends but have not tried this. I did get in the social menu and could not add someone due to spelling problems. Also some kind of Clan system which I assume is being worked on for competitive modes. Steam integration would help as well to get groups together before going into game, or something similar to steam/friends chat.
Jeff can u please mesh-up Arcade and Mystery Heroes in a new Brawl?
I love so much those brawls.

Brawls like... We're all soldiers now, or Shimada Brothers... are so bad. More fantasy! More ideas, please! All of you can do better than those brawls.
Wow i would like to thank you Jeff for your response!
06/15/2016 09:16 AMPosted by Jeff Kaplan
06/15/2016 09:15 AMPosted by Nevakanezah

Dance studio when, jeff? WHEN?

you're killing me...

<3
06/15/2016 09:38 AMPosted by LouisCyphre
Thanks for the detailed post!

Currently, do you focus hero development on more tank and especially support heroes? Because there only three healing supports right now an I'm sure players want a bit more diversity.

Or is the process of hero creation something that can't be guided that easily?

If all the rumors and hints we've seen so far are true, then Sombra will be some sort of supporting sniper.
06/15/2016 09:02 AMPosted by Jeff Kaplan
06/15/2016 07:39 AMPosted by Taturana
I mean, what you guys are planing. Where is overwatch going?

There's a lot going on right now. We're working on content patches throughout the rest of the year and into early 2017 currently. Of course we have long term plans, but we like to remain agile to respond to the current direction of the game and players' needs.

[/quote]

Please, more story updates and lore. OW might be a multiplayer shooter, but its story and characters that truly make it stand out - people actually care about the lore.
Wall-o-text crits you for ... I kid, I kid. ;)
Thank your for taking the time to do this. I'm sure that post represents a non-trivial portion of your time.
06/15/2016 07:48 AMPosted by Jamez
more heros- confirmed
more modes - confirmed ( but TDM /DM will not be one of them , as per the interview where Jeff was asked about it)
single player/story mode - confirmed ( but at a long point off )
more maps - confirmed

seriously guys come on , do a bit of research all of these questions have been answered , just go read the interviews and watch the dev videos ..lotsa good info in them.

Lame on no TDM. Maybe time to go back to FPS that have TDM like CS:GO and TF2.
Jeff, any updates on fixing the bug where we get a loss if we backfill a game? Also there's no loss recorded on one's profile if that person leaves a game intentionally
06/15/2016 09:44 AMPosted by Ashanor
06/15/2016 07:48 AMPosted by Jamez
more heros- confirmed
more modes - confirmed ( but TDM /DM will not be one of them , as per the interview where Jeff was asked about it)
single player/story mode - confirmed ( but at a long point off )
more maps - confirmed

seriously guys come on , do a bit of research all of these questions have been answered , just go read the interviews and watch the dev videos ..lotsa good info in them.

Lame on no TDM. Maybe time to go back to FPS that have TDM like CS:GO and TF2.

YES, please go back to those games and leave.

By the way, TF2 does not have TDM.
06/15/2016 09:17 AMPosted by Jeff Kaplan
06/15/2016 09:14 AMPosted by wolf39us
Crossing fingers for 21:9!

Being discussed.

LOVE YOU!
06/15/2016 09:49 AMPosted by Littlefinger
Jeff, any updates on fixing the bug where we get a loss if we backfill a game? Also there's no loss recorded on one's profile if that person leaves a game intentionally

From what I understand, this bug is fixed in the patch that contains Competitive Play -- end of June.
I don't know if this question has been answered, if it has been then I'm sorry. Will there be any other way to get coins? Like Daily Quests ? Or something like in Hearthstone: The first win you get in the weekly brawl, you get a loot box ?
06/15/2016 09:22 AMPosted by Jaymacibe
Are there going to be any more cinematic shorts planned to be released for the original hero cast?

We like making movies.
06/15/2016 09:55 AMPosted by Dornex
I don't know if this question has been answered, if it has been then I'm sorry. Will there be any other way to get coins? Like Daily Quests ? Or something like in Hearthstone: The first win you get in the weekly brawl, you get a loot box ?

You do get an EXP bonus for your first Brawl. It's not displayed very well.

We aren't super keen on Daily Quests for OW -- we don't want to tell you what hero or role to play. We want you and your team to figure that out. It works really well in Heroes of the Storm and HS because you choose your class/role/hero before you queue...
06/15/2016 09:55 AMPosted by Jeff Kaplan
06/15/2016 09:22 AMPosted by Jaymacibe
Are there going to be any more cinematic shorts planned to be released for the original hero cast?

We like making movies.

And I like watching them!