Getting a loss when someone else on your team quits

General Discussion
Sure is fun guys.
Why should I be given a loss just because some guy on my team (in ranked) quits 5 seconds after setup time?

How is this in any way fair?
They use the whole "well you could pressure someone on your team to leave to avoid losses then" argument.

I'm sorry, that's complete rubbish. Just make it so premades can't do it. In a premade, someone might leave to save everyone else, but no one would do it in solo queue.

And if they do, just make it against the rules. Add in another rule that says "leaving on purpose to inflate the MMR of your teammates is punishable". Simple as that.
This is the way it works in every other competitive game out there. Is it the most fair thing in the world? No. Is it more fair than the alternative? Absolutely. Because the alternative is players, specifically grouped players, tactically leaving to avoid losses.

Blizzard has great long term punishments for leaving Competitive, but the short term punishments aren't harsh enough. If they impose stricter penalties for leaving as soon as you leave, everyone will start to have a better experience.
07/01/2016 06:44 AMPosted by BestLucioNA
They use the whole "well you could pressure someone on your team to leave to avoid losses then" argument.

I'm sorry, that's complete rubbish. Just make it so premades can't do it. In a premade, someone might leave to save everyone else, but no one would do it in solo queue.

And if they do, just make it against the rules. Add in another rule that says "leaving on purpose to inflate the MMR of your teammates is punishable". Simple as that.

I agree with that. By all means, make this apply to premades/stacks, but as a solo player I've got nothing to do with this guy who left the game a few seconds in. Yet I am the one who gets punished with a loss.

The guy who left will already be banned from competitive play if he does it multiple times, why the need to punish me as a solo player? I could understand if I was in a team with him, but I'm not.
A lot of them are DCs. We had one team that was pretty evenly matched and this Widow on enemy team was wrecking us. She DCed and then 3 other players on enemy team left too. :( it made my team just sad. So before walking payload, we had an emote dance party and friended the 2 guys who stayed so we could play with them.

It's really depressing when your team loses someone but it's just as unfun to be the team that is celebrating a win and then seeing there are only a couple guys against you.
how about punishing leavers more harshly(including banning from competitive mode),

but clearing match with leaver from mmr shift entirely.
you know - LIKE EVERY OTHER self-respecting team-competitive game does.