Can you stop invulnerable abilities triggering overtime?

General Discussion
Just lost a ranked game, point B of volskaya industries where the white circle was completely full but on the last millisecond a reaper uses his wraith form and stops it, it's not overtime but why should this be allowed? they just switched to reapers and floated on, we couldn't stop them...

This should not be allowed to happen, at all.

Is there any plans to change this?
07/08/2016 07:47 AMPosted by Vecejj
Just lost a ranked game, point B of volskaya industries where the white circle was completely full but on the last millisecond a reaper uses his wraith form and stops it, it's not overtime but why should this be allowed? they just switched to reapers and floated on, we couldn't stop them...

This should not be allowed to happen, at all.

Is there any plans to change this?

They are changing how Overtime works, Blizz is aware of this issue.

http://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20745756351#post-8
I'm sorry you lost your game because an enemy player made a clutch save.
07/08/2016 07:50 AMPosted by Pouncey

Clutch save, like all switching to tracers and rushing the payload/point until they all die eventually?

That's called being cheap and stacking a hero, if you agree with this then you are probably someone who does it.
We used to have it so that things like Transcendence or Wraith Form did not interrupt capture progress but it felt really bad. Often times, you were playing a hero like Reaper normally and would instinctively use your ability and lose a match. In a lot of ways the game felt broken and buggy when those abilities could not delay point capture.

We are addressing Overtime in an upcoming patch but that still doesn't change how this feels in regulation time. We want to do one round of changes first and see how prevalent stalling still is and then do another round if stalling regulation time is still a problem.
A win is a win, all is fair in love and war, hero switching/stacking is part of the game, if they stack, then their weakness is bigger, counter it with your own team switching.
07/08/2016 08:19 AMPosted by Jeff Kaplan
We used to have it so that things like Transcendence or Wraith Form did not interrupt capture progress but it felt really bad. Often times, you were playing a hero like Reaper normally and would instinctively use your ability and lose a match. In a lot of ways the game felt broken and buggy when those abilities could not delay point capture.

We are addressing Overtime in an upcoming patch but that still doesn't change how this feels in regulation time. We want to do one round of changes first and see how prevalent stalling still is and then do another round if stalling regulation time is still a problem.

pls change back the widowmaker scope animation
07/08/2016 07:47 AMPosted by Vecejj
we couldn't stop them...

Because nobody wanted to switch to Mei. Yes?
It might suck in a sense, but the player is still alive and it should stop the counter.

If a game is that close to where a Reaper can wraith form for a win, there were many other opportunities missed. It's just the game.
Same with Mei and Zen and Tracer I guess.
It is good the way it is.

Unlike Widowmaker scope animation.
07/08/2016 08:24 AMPosted by NateBeruk

You guys have your own thread

No

Also, there was one time when I did something similar with Mei's ice block. was the only one there and held the point just enough for the rest of the team to get back and wipe them

It felt very cheap, but I don't see why it shouldn't have worked.

Why would they break something they fixed intentionally?
07/08/2016 08:31 AMPosted by Lightsworn

In fact, its the other way around. Please refer to Genji for more information.
07/08/2016 08:11 AMPosted by Vecejj
07/08/2016 07:50 AMPosted by Pouncey

Clutch save, like all switching to tracers and rushing the payload/point until they all die eventually?

In this case a single Reaper contested the capture at the last instant. Then his team switched.

That's called being cheap and stacking a hero, if you agree with this then you are probably someone who does it.

Given that I usually play Mercy, I would absolutely love to see a game where my entire team switches to Mercy and we just pew pew with pistols, heal each other and have rezzes going out every 20 seconds.

It would be even more cool if the entire enemy team also switched to 6 Mercies.
07/08/2016 08:30 AMPosted by Equinox

No

Also, there was one time when I did something similar with Mei's ice block. was the only one there and held the point just enough for the rest of the team to get back and wipe them

It felt very cheap, but I don't see why it shouldn't have worked.

cheap?
That's a very viable strat. Mei excels at delaying and disrupting the enemy..

That's weird because earlier today when I was using Transcendence and sat on the payload alone, it did not move till the duration ended
07/08/2016 08:45 AMPosted by Kyaw

That's weird because earlier today when I was using Transcendence and sat on the payload alone, it did not move till the duration ended

you didnt see the lucio ducking against the car behind you
07/08/2016 08:33 AMPosted by Synless
<span class="truncated">...</span>

In fact, its the other way around. Please refer to Genji for more information.

Decidedly not. There is an enormous blue post from the time it happened that goes into great detail about why they fixed it.

Here: http://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20745186024?page=3#post-42

Before this edit I said Jeff posted it, and was incorrect. Damn Jeff/Geoff distinctions.
Honestly, your post sounded like the enemy team had an epic save.

That was just great gameplay.