Kotaku ran an article about Zarya

General Discussion
Prev 1 5 6 7 11 Next
You know i read some of these threads and say to myself "it's a fking video game" Nothing to do with real life what so ever. I play for fun not to be reminded almost daily on the forums of political, race, sexual orientation of the hero's. Guess what THEY ARE NOT REAL. The do not have kids, vote, pay bills, run for office, they are fantasy. I'm being bored to death with people trying to kill the game with stupid speculations on a damn video game. For the love of whatever go !@#$% on CNN they have a fking forums page also.
07/02/2016 11:48 AMPosted by Slarg232
07/02/2016 11:39 AMPosted by gearheart

Wrong. Psychopaths, just like gay people are neurologically wired differently. This is KNOWN, this is SCIENCE.

Second part I'm going to ignore, as it's yet another Strawman from you.

And I can relate to someone who enjoys sticking their sausage into someone's bunghole a whole HELL of a lot easier than someone who enjoys sticking a knife into someone. Even if they enjoy receiving a sausage in the bunghole as well.

I can relate to someone who enjoys eating clams, even if said person has a clam themselves.

You are comparing apples to oranges, and the result is quite hilarious. But mostly, it's just sad.

You just called everybody who isn't gay or can't relate a bigot, even though it is biologically impossible for us to feel any kind of sexual attraction for another Woman/Man. You are leaning towards the emotional aspect, I'm not.
07/02/2016 12:00 PMPosted by ItsyBitsy
You know i read some of these threads and say to myself "it's a fking video game" Nothing to do with real life what so ever. I play for fun not to be reminded almost daily on the forums of political, race, sexual orientation of the hero's. Guess what THEY ARE NOT REAL. The do not have kids, vote, pay bills, run for office, they are fantasy. I'm being bored to death with people trying to kill the game with stupid speculations on a damn video game. For the love of whatever go !@#$% on CNN they have a fking forums page also.

Right? So divisive. Much fun.

You do know these characters, or their ideas, will outlast you, right? Batman has been around how long? Mickey has been around how long? They will outlive you and motivate and inspire people long after your gone. Thats pretty real to me. Not tangable, but real.

Yea because video games arent injected with subtle or obvious propaganda often aimed at kids. It certainly does have something to do with real life. Youre one of those ignorant fools who rage when politics, religion, etc. is mentioned and try to censor it to live in your cartoon world which isnt real life.
Woww, you guys are terrible. Who cares if people who are under-represented in videogames find a way to connect with this game.
07/02/2016 12:02 PMPosted by gearheart
07/02/2016 11:48 AMPosted by Slarg232

And I can relate to someone who enjoys sticking their sausage into someone's bunghole a whole HELL of a lot easier than someone who enjoys sticking a knife into someone. Even if they enjoy receiving a sausage in the bunghole as well.

I can relate to someone who enjoys eating clams, even if said person has a clam themselves.

You are comparing apples to oranges, and the result is quite hilarious. But mostly, it's just sad.

You just called everybody who isn't gay or can't relate a bigot, even though it is biologically impossible for us to feel any kind of sexual attraction for another Woman/Man. You are leaning towards the emotional aspect, I'm not.
You still haven't given me any sources. I'm noticing that you are ignoring someone calling you out on your BS in favour of replying to people who agree with you instead. Not a very good way to hold an argument or sound like you know anything about anything.

You don't need to feel sexual attraction to another woman to at least appreciate that someone finds that woman attractive. Even if that someone is also a woman.

As a straight male, I don't need to feel sexually attracted to another man to appreciate that my friends, male or female, find that guy hot.

To declare otherwise is, quite frankly, quite bigoted yes. And babe, I'm not the one whose argument can be summed up in a Meme: "Won't someone please think of the children?!?!"
07/02/2016 12:11 PMPosted by Slarg232

You don't need to feel sexual attraction to another woman to at least appreciate that someone finds that woman attractive. Even if that someone is also a woman.

As a straight male, I don't need to feel sexually attracted to another man to appreciate that my friends, male or female, find that guy hot.

To declare otherwise is, quite frankly, quite bigoted yes. And babe, I'm not the one whose argument can be summed up in a Meme: "Won't someone please think of the children?!?!"

Ah, you aren't strictly talking in the biological,sexual sense, I see. But you don't need to be able to relate with somebody to appreciate them. My more emotional friends are practically alien to me; doesn't mean I don't like them.

The problem isn't with them being gay; specifically, my problem is when they act as if it's their only defining feature and -loudly- make it known to the rest of us. And I stand by what I said about Human Agency and children, there is a time and place for this - that is not it.
07/02/2016 12:06 PMPosted by Shizmoo

Yea because video games arent injected with subtle or obvious propaganda often aimed at kids. It certainly does have something to do with real life. Youre one of those ignorant fools who rage when politics, religion, etc. is mentioned and try to censor it to live in your cartoon world which isnt real life.

I'm not religious you dipwit. Nor do i give a flying fk what some video game characters sexual orientation is.Nor do i give a crap about what country or who they voted for. OMFG thats right they can't vote because once again THEY ARE NOT REAL. I love Batman and most anime but guess what, not real. Does not impact day to day life what so ever. Unless you want to go into the random kids who takes these games to heart and commit stupid acts because people push the fact that they actually mean something in life, instead of teaching them it's not realistic or real just a game to have fun. They are strictly for entertainment. Nothing you should base or mold your life around. If a video game traumatizes you so much you need a post about a toons sexual orientation or how big the !@# is ect. You should quit playing tbh. I want to read post on how to improve a great game for the players not these stupid debates.
Ah, you aren't strictly talking in the biological,sexual sense, I see. But you don't need to be able to relate with somebody to appreciate them. My more emotional friends are practically alien to me; doesn't mean I don't like them.

The problem isn't with them being gay, specifically, my problem is when they act as if it's their only defining feature and -loudly- make it known to the rest of us. And I stand by what I said about Human Agency and children, there is a time and place for this - that is not it.

So you're still saying that you don't want Elsa to do all of her queenly duties and then turn around and kiss her girlfriend at the end, but it would be perfectly fine if she did all of her queenly duties and kissed her boyfriend at the end?

The loud obnoxious flaming gay stereotype is something that only exists in Hollywood and in very tiny numbers amongst the gay population. And you know, it's fine if you hate that stereotype; I hate that stereotype. My Bromo hates that stereotype. But that's a very small minority of gay people.
07/02/2016 12:18 PMPosted by gearheart
07/02/2016 12:11 PMPosted by Slarg232

The problem isn't with them being gay; specifically, my problem is when they act as if it's their only defining feature and -loudly- make it known to the rest of us. And I stand by what I said about Human Agency and children, there is a time and place for this - that is not it.

Gay people rarely act as if it's their defining feature. The whole reason for gay pride events is because they are marginalized in society or ridiculed when there sexuality becomes known. It's for camaraderie.

As for you thinking there's a time and place to bring these things up why don't people have the same reaction when straight people talk about their girlfriends/boyfriends. If a gay person brings up anything about their significant other than it's much more likely they will receive a negative reaction than a straight person because then people will know they are gay. That doesn't mean being gay is their defining feature.
07/02/2016 12:20 PMPosted by ItsyBitsy
07/02/2016 12:06 PMPosted by Shizmoo

I'm not religious you dipwit. Nor do i give a flying fk what some video game characters sexual orientation is.Nor do i give a crap about what country or who they voted for. OMFG thats right they can't vote because once again THEY ARE NOT REAL. I love Batman and most anime but guess what, not real. Does not impact day to day life what so ever. Unless you want to go into the random kids who takes these games to heart and commit stupid acts because people push the fact that they actually mean something in life, instead of teaching them it's not realistic or real just a game to have fun. They are strictly for entertainment. Nothing you should base or mold your life around. If a video game traumatizes you so much you need a post about a toons sexual orientation or how big the !@# is ect. You should quit playing tbh. I want to read post on how to improve a great game for the players not these stupid debates.

I stopped reading when you said you are not religious because I didnt say you were. Since you are unable to grasp the simple concept I relayed in my post and form a wrong conclusion, im sure the rest of your response holds equal value - nothing
Hopefully since Gawker media is going down they close down Kotaku or alteast fire most of the writing staff.
07/02/2016 12:27 PMPosted by Slarg232

The problem isn't with them being gay, specifically, my problem is when they act as if it's their only defining feature and -loudly- make it known to the rest of us. And I stand by what I said about Human Agency and children, there is a time and place for this - that is not it.

So you're still saying that you don't want Elsa to do all of her queenly duties and then turn around and kiss her girlfriend at the end, but it would be perfectly fine if she did all of her queenly duties and kissed her boyfriend at the end?

The loud obnoxious flaming gay stereotype is something that only exists in Hollywood and in very tiny numbers amongst the gay population. And you know, it's fine if you hate that stereotype; I hate that stereotype. My Bromo hates that stereotype. But that's a very small minority of gay people.

No, I don't want it assumed to be that way unless and until it is proven. The assumptions and lack of objectivity on top of the fact that in instances like this the the character is typically made gay not for representation - but for no other reason to be Politically Correct are the issues. It's...Hollow.
07/02/2016 09:06 AMPosted by Doomcookies
Kotaku. Enough said.

This, tbh. That place has become an SJW !@#$ hole in recent years, that runs nothing but garbage sensationalized articles written by tumblrinas.
07/02/2016 12:33 PMPosted by Xanikk999
07/02/2016 12:18 PMPosted by gearheart

Gay people rarely act as if it's their defining feature. The whole reason for gay pride events is because they are marginalized in society or ridiculed when there sexuality becomes known. It's for camaraderie.

As for you thinking there's a time and place to bring these things up why don't people have the same reaction when straight people talk about their girlfriends/boyfriends. If a gay person brings up anything about their significant other than it's much more likely they will receive a negative reaction than a straight person because then people will know they are gay. That doesn't mean being gay is their defining feature.

Time and place as sexuality relates to Children.
07/02/2016 12:06 PMPosted by ArchmageMC

You do know these characters, or their ideas, will outlast you, right? Batman has been around how long? Mickey has been around how long? They will outlive you and motivate and inspire people long after your gone. Thats pretty real to me. Not tangable, but real.

So what your saying is a video game based on violence and killing other hero's as well as blowing stuff up ect. should inspire? What exactly would you have it inspire. I will tell you the same as I tell my nephews. It's a game have fun nothing in the game should impact or inspire your everyday life. Be who you are, do not base your morals or character or any type of game, anime or movie. Be inspired by the world. A-mei-Zing
07/02/2016 12:34 PMPosted by Shizmoo
<span class="truncated">...</span>

I stopped reading when you said you are not religious because I didnt say you were. Since you are unable to grasp the simple concept I relayed in my post and form a wrong conclusion, im sure the rest of your response holds equal value - nothing

Sorry maybe learn to read your own post. I stated I was not religious for the above reason you stated in your post."Youre one of those ignorant fools who rage when politics, religion, etc." How the fools will fall. Let me know when you hit bottom dude. And also I do not try to censor anything but debate over religion sexuality race gender ect does not belong on a video game forum. Please by all means feel free to move to CNN.
All this arguing because of a Kotaku article, what a waste of effort.