I feel like it's so hard to get a POTG with Zarya

General Discussion
Or I might be bad with her
If you happen to get your ult up at the same time you have a high charge, it's not that hard.

Firing high charged grenades into them demolishes them. You just have to have the right circumstances.
You could play amazing and solo the whole enemy team and I bet you a bastion would get POTG.
I consider any POTG using Zarya's ult a Zarya POTG
07/09/2016 02:39 PMPosted by WolfBlood
I consider any POTG using Zarya's ult a Zarya POTG

This. If you get a PotG doing a wombo combo with Zarya, then it was really Zarya that did all the setup for you.
There is definitely much room for improving "potg algorithm".
Still much easier than trying to get potg with Zenyatta, Mei and possibly Winston.
07/09/2016 02:43 PMPosted by tuco
they said they were gonna fix it, im not sure how you would do that, but whatever.
about the only way to get POTG with zenyata is to use your ult when your allies are taking a lot of damage on the point.
It's really easy if you are on a control point map (attack or defense), all you have to do is save your ult and wait for everyone to group together
better than trying to get a lucio potg
07/09/2016 02:46 PMPosted by LordxMugen
07/09/2016 02:43 PMPosted by tuco
they said they were gonna fix it, im not sure how you would do that, but whatever.

I am not qualified in field to answer and not even to hint, but we live in time when AI beats Go champion. Who else but Blizz has the resources?
It is fairly easy to get potg as zarya.
Step 1. Get your gun to maximum charge.
Step 2. Ult as many people as you can.
Step 3. Nuke em rico!!

Now of course that is easier said than done. Things you have to keep in mind are did zenyatta use his ult yet? Is there a Reinhardt who will get sucked in with his shield and tank all the dmg? Did lucio ult yet? Are you alone and likely gonna die before you can do any dmg?

Once you get past these decisions and time everything right you will get lots of plays of the game. My best right now is 4 games in a row. 2 were pentakills. Its usually best to wait for other members of your team to assist with the dmg but if all the stars have aligned just go for it. You will be suprised how often you kill everyone by yourself.
07/09/2016 02:46 PMPosted by Exassassin
Still much easier than trying to get potg with Zenyatta, Mei and possibly Winston.

I got 1 potg ever as winston and i was quite pleased. Of course someone on the other team had to make fun of it but to me it is like really? How often do you see a winston potg. I did get 4 kills in like 6 seconds.
She is difficulty *** for good reason imo.
I think combo potg's should show all the major players. For example, if Zarya ult's five people and then Phara ult's them all for kills, it should say:

PLAY OF THE GAME:
PHARA
and
ZARYA

and then show the play from both player's perspectives, or something like that.
Well, it sorta makes sense. She excels at killing single targets with left click, since her right click is a bit on the weak side. Her ult usually depends on your team to do damage to them, while sprinkling some damage here and there.
07/09/2016 02:24 PMPosted by Happyfeet

Yeah, I rarely get it as Zarya. You'll need to be fully charged, graviton bomb a big group, and hope someone else on your team doesn't kill em all before you do.

That being said WIN > POTG
07/09/2016 03:07 PMPosted by Clickbait
07/09/2016 02:24 PMPosted by Happyfeet

Yeah, I rarely get it as Zarya. You'll need to be fully charged, graviton bomb a big group, and hope someone else on your team doesn't kill em all before you do.

That being said WIN > POTG

Actually, I always hope someone will kill them not for PotG but nice team work.
07/09/2016 02:48 PMPosted by AdmiralParm
about the only way to get POTG with zenyata is to use your ult when your allies are taking a lot of damage on the point.

Kill a few people in a row with lmb and hope nobody got more than 2 kills with an ult that game.