Are Mercy's stealth changes intended?

General Discussion
I keep locking onto other teammates when switching the beam on my target.
Kaplan said this was not intended and that he's working on a fix ASAP.
I haven't encountered this issue but it might be due to the way I play Mercy?

Generally if it's a huge team fight I'm switching constantly anyway so it doesn't matter.

But if I'm targeting one specific player (for whatever reason) I hold down the LMB the entire time to maintain healing. When I want to damage boost I then hold down RMB, while still holding down LMB.

This means that I can tap or hold damage boost as long as I need to and as soon as I release RMB I instantly revert to healing with no interruption and no change to beam target.

It means I don't need to focus on my target as much and can watch for flankers or check on other team mates who might need help, and because I'm maintaining the beam constantly I don't need to turn around to change from heals to damage. I just pay attention to the health meter for my target and change as needed.
06/28/2016 07:32 PMPosted by Nightswifty

Unintended!

06/28/2016 07:37 PMPosted by Ranulf

It was actually Geoff Goodman, our principal game designer who leads up hero design and balance. (I know, I know. We've got too many G/Je(o)ffs!)

Here's the post:

06/28/2016 06:26 PMPosted by Geoff Goodman
This was not an intentional change. I'll see about getting a fix out asap, sorry.
Thanks for the quick response, as usual! The change was concerning when I first saw it in action, and hopefully you guys get it figured out soon!
i just had a thought of having an option to set heal beam to prefer critically injured players, might this be a good idea?
06/28/2016 07:47 PMPosted by notsleeping
i just had a thought of having an option to set heal beam to prefer critically injured players, might this be a good idea?

Seems like it could be too good... There have been lots of times that I haven't been able to get heal beam onto a low hp target fast enough due to a big fat tank (looking at you piggy) being in the way.
thank god! I was already wondering what was going on
It was actually Geoff Goodman, our principal game designer who leads up hero design and balance. (I know, I know. We've got too many G/Je(o)ffs!)

Sorry! First time with the company, don't know names yet, haha.
Oh, wow. I must've been gone for a while to never know about this. I'm wondering if there's been any other changes to her now.
Thank god.
06/28/2016 07:45 PMPosted by Lylirra

Unintended!

Here's the post:

This was not an intentional change. I'll see about getting a fix out asap, sorry.

"We've got too many G/Je(o)ffs!" Can I just say how much I appreciate the formatting of this sentence?
Wow, glad I saw this... most played hero in placement matches was Mercy, I was wondering if I was drunk or something.
Caught it this morning, was sad it got patched, glad it's coming back.

Thanks devs!
Any ETA on when this will be resolved? I know a similar issue happened during beta and it was fixed within the day, I'm hoping this situation is similar because Mercy is my main and i'm not doing my placements without my best champ
06/28/2016 07:45 PMPosted by Lylirra

Unintended!

Here's the post:

Good, I like how mercy plays right now. being able to smoothly change streams and not have the person in LoS. I kinda like knowing when that Reinhardt needs that heal when I'm boosting Bastion's damage but Reinhardt is behind Bastion.
I main Mercy and havent played much after placement matches. Its way too clunky and I feel im at a major disadvantage if I cant play my class how it was before this bug. Lucios got it good.
06/29/2016 04:30 AMPosted by Aquariun
Any ETA on when this will be resolved? I know a similar issue happened during beta and it was fixed within the day, I'm hoping this situation is similar because Mercy is my main and i'm not doing my placements without my best champ

Same, I'd really like to know an ETA
like some people here, I also have many many (about 98% of my total playtime) on mercy, and the very first thing I noticed was not being able to toggle heal/buff on an already-healed/buffed ally while looking away from them. to me, this is a fairly inconvenient bug as I used to be able to look and survey the map constantly, but now I have to look back to my ally to heal/buff everytime I want to toggle.

hope it gets fixed soon!