You shouldn't get a loss if someone leaves

General Discussion
I am seriously tired of this, so tired of it that I'm posting on the forums. I don't understand why you are punished for someone else actions when someone leaves the game on your team or the enemy's that is NOT your fault and overwatch shouldn't punish you for that. I have gone down 5 ranks because of people leaving, However even when I win people leave on the opposing team. This is outrageous and needs to be fixed

I realize there is a leaver penalty and they will eventually be weeded out but that is not the problem not getting as much exp (Its about 10% of the bar from my experience) most of the time I find people rage quit since there losing badly which means you would have won! so why would you get less exp for crushing the enemy team even if one of them left

Sorry this went a little long but I think blizzard should take a look back at the rank system. Maybe make it more like league of legend.. or anything better than this
You are right.

I queue solo. When I get into a game and some guy I don't know on my team quits the game 5 seconds into the match, why do I deserve to get a loss and lose ranking because of this?

That's ridiculous. Maybe limit it to only people who were in a group/stack with the leaver getting a loss, but not everyone.
Agreed, same here. We just lost round 2 because 2 selfish a$$hats left, even though we were doing just fine in round 1. Pissed.
OH yeah.. SO as soon as your team starting to loose, one guy leaves and rest of his team happily earn a non-loss ?

Awesome..
07/03/2016 05:06 AMPosted by Genki
OH yeah.. SO as soon as your team starting to loose, one guy leaves and rest of his team happily earn a non-loss ?

Awesome..
Of course NOT. But the leavers should be replaced, like in quick play.

Awesome..

The guy who leaves would be banned from competitive play before long, so yes.

That would be much more fair than giving 5 other people a loss they can't do anything about because 1 clown leaves the game right after setup is finished.
07/03/2016 05:07 AMPosted by Korrigan

Awesome..

and then people would complain about getting placed into losing matches and getting a free loss that way.

The issue is way harder than "blizz fix pls" and to be fair, if you're not a leaver, math is on your side and the opposing team will have leavers more often.
07/03/2016 05:09 AMPosted by ViciousJawa

Awesome..

The guy who leaves would be banned from competitive play before long, so yes.

That would be much more fair than giving 5 other people a loss they can't do anything about because 1 clown leaves the game right after setup is finished.
Why don't they just put another player of the right rank in the team instead? I'm sure there were several same ranked players in queue during my last mach, when those two a$$hats left and made us lose. Hell, give a BONUS to those who join a match like that. Give them double XP.
And of course, ban the leavers.
Im tired of winning games and being rewarded with 1/10 rating cause someone on the opponent team leave when it was clearly a defeat, thats just stupid

Awesome..

But what would the conditions be?

I'm sure no one wants to be placed into a losing match in competitive. Especially if that loss will mean loss of rank. If they are exempt from the loss by filling, then to be fair, they would also be exempt from winning. And people play competitive to improve their score.
As I said, give people who join matches to fill leaver spots a bonus. Since its random, it can't be exploited.
Maybe just make it so that even if the team loses, they don't get a loss. And if the team wins, they get a win.

You can't cheat that. It's random.

Anyway, still MUCH better than to give a loss to everyone innocent in the team of the leavers.
Blizzard has already commented on this. Its because if the rest of the team got no loss after a member leaves people would start harassing one person until they quit if they were losing that way they could quit with no loss.

IT may suck but there are a lot of massive a$$holes in online gaming and we all suffer the consequences for their actions.
Even worse is when your team does great and someone on the other side decides to leave the game. The teamwork, and effort are wasted.

Leavers should get a 7 day ban from competitive, and be set to 0 rank. The punishment needs to be so severe.....
This might be a bit far-fetched but i was thinking that Blizzard could make some sort of a separate system that could fill the leavers.

Who would be these back fillers?

There could be and option to queue to replace a missing player.
ResQue! Hahaha...

The match would not affect the Competitive rank of the back filler if they won or lost, but they could get some bonus exp or even a point towards the golden weapon if they won.

Obviously, someone who has a record of leaving and abandoning games could not use this option.

There is probably something i am missing, making this a terrible idea.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
About me:
I currently play with 400dpi with 5 in game sens. This correlates to about 69.2cm for 360 in game.
Mouse: Zowie fk2. I play with 90cm wide QcK XXL mousepad.

I have background in multiple fps games most notably probably Tf2 with 2,988 hrs on record(Effective playtime 1491.05h)
More recently Counter-Strike: Global Offensive with 360h Mge.

Currently playing in a fresh ESL amateur Overwatch team.
Hoping to finally get into Esports!

Contacts:
Battlenet: Narska #2654
Steam username: SaunaCat
Youtube username: SaunaCat
Twitch username: SaunaCat
07/03/2016 05:16 AMPosted by Fainora
Blizzard has already commented on this. Its because if the rest of the team got no loss after a member leaves people would start harassing one person until they quit if they were losing that way they could quit with no loss.

IT may suck but there are a lot of massive a$$holes in online gaming and we all suffer the consequences for their actions.

Mute chat option? That does not seem like the real reason

Awesome..

That would make no sense, what about all the players that would be queueing into a loss. It's not as big of a deal in quick play but that system in ranked would mean people would be taking undeserved losses because they joined in late all the time.
07/03/2016 05:47 AMPosted by Pepperjack
...Of course NOT. But the leavers should be replaced, like in quick play.

That would make no sense, what about all the players that would be queueing into a loss. It's not as big of a deal in quick play but that system in ranked would mean people would be taking undeserved losses because they joined in late all the time.

Korrigan already replied with a nice solution to this situation:
07/03/2016 05:15 AMPosted by Korrigan
As I said, give people who join matches to fill leaver spots a bonus. Since its random, it can't be exploited.
Maybe just make it so that even if the team loses, they don't get a loss. And if the team wins, they get a win.

You can't cheat that. It's random.

Anyway, still MUCH better than to give a loss to everyone innocent in the team of the leavers.

Awesome..

Yes, exactly. The one leaving should get a loss of course and the penalties for leaving should be so severe that you don`t leave to spare your team the loss.
Don`t really see how this is abusable then.
07/03/2016 05:44 AMPosted by Space
07/03/2016 05:16 AMPosted by Fainora

Mute chat option? That does not seem like the real reason

Fainora - Yep I read where Blizzard said this as well.

Space - You are 100% correct. Easiest fix in the world.