I'm Deaf - Please Provide Subtitles For All Voice Lines

General Discussion
Prev 1 6 7 8 11 Next
Yeah I dont think people are asking for footsteps and such. This is strictely about ultimates bcos its really hard for them in some cases. Mcrea, hanzo or junkrat are sooooo easy to avoid bcos they are devastating if you get caught in them thats why they have such enourmous sound queues. Its unbalanced how hard is it to avoid those things without sound, giving subs to ultimates is really easy fix for this. It doestn solve everything but its a start.
This would be amaaaaaaaazing!

And please make it toggle. Text on screen is not for everyone bu many of us would find any of the audio cues wildly useful>

Also can we have a separate subtitle toggle for when people use voicelines?
- It would be a shape to miss out on those
- It would also help us toggle those off if someone is just spamming their vice lines like a n00b.

Thank you so much :)
Support. This needs to be done.
Uprising is the first event to support subtitles. We now have some of the underlying tech and systems in place to proliferate subtitle support to other parts of the game. The team is very passionate about adding subtitle support.
04/24/2017 08:51 AMPosted by Jeff Kaplan
Uprising is the first event to support subtitles. We now have some of the underlying tech and systems in place to proliferate subtitle support to other parts of the game. The team is very passionate about adding subtitle support.
Jeff Necroed. That is a broken rule it is in the guidelines.
04/24/2017 08:57 AMPosted by NOTKrusher99
Jeff Necroed. That is a broken rule it is in the guidelines.
Ok, hold up, Jeff was not the one to Necro this

any word on if you plan on revisiting the colorblind options as well? I know a few users have expressed issues with the displays.

I love overwatch, and I hope that eventually every gamer will have the ability to play and experience it fully!

tysm for taking the time to respond jeff! i use subtitles, and was really glad when i noticed that they'd been implemented for uprising. it will make such a big difference :^)
It's been nine months since the OP! You could have made a real new human being in that time...
04/24/2017 09:07 AMPosted by Sol
It's been nine months since the OP! You could have made a real new human being in that time...

maybe they did ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Thank you :D

Oh, subtitles for other languages would be neat. I play the game in Japanese to help keep the language fresh in my mind, but sometimes the characters speak too softly or too fast for me to catch.
Wow that's such a good news! Thank you for reply Jeff it has made my day! and I would like to thank you all for amazing supports, very much appreciated! <3

So passionate it takes you almost a year to add in subtitle support hahaha
Excellent news! I always feel bad for deaf players. Think about it.. There is absolutely no way to know a Junkrat popped his ult behind you and you are about to die without the vital voice lines.

I would be dying from D.Va ults all the time too because I wouldn't know until it was too late.
When playing Widowmaker and she gasps in pain-- "AUGGHH!!" "UUNGH!!" But now in subtitle format
I would love this feature. Then I can listen to music while I play!
Hey, it would be such a great feature added to a game. Not even for only deaf people (mostly for em), just imagine how cool it would be to listen to music while playing + knowing what's going around. I play with music on and the only way to recognize where enemies are and what they are doing, is just my sight which sometimes isn't enough. For deaf people it would be such a relief. I totally support this idea and I wish it will come true one day!!! : )

Please give this thread as much attention as possible!

Finally!!!