Remove Competitive and Fix it.

General Discussion
Prev 1 5 6 7 15 Next
Bump. .-.
I'm from Florida. Miami specifically, one of the biggest cities on the East coast. And the lowest my ping has ever been is 75.

Seriously?
Don't forget how people are purposely crashing games with genji and hanzo using an exploit that makes the server time out not giving a loss so they just crash the server when they are losing.
Crosspost from another thread I replied to:

I agree.

This isn't me being bitter about how I placed, just to put it out there. I personally think I deserved 41.

Now that's out of the way... this whole setup is horrible. I know that Blizzard is still probably testing the waters, but some mechanics just boggle me on how they got through testing.

Coin Flips. Stupid. Plain stupid. You win on the basis of chance? Who in the development team thought that was a good idea? I'd rather play a hours worth of sudden death rather than that. Speaking on sudden death.

The only game mode that can cater to sudden death is King of The Hill. On payload, some maps have clear advantages on defense (Route 66 due to its narrow one way path that is easily defensable) and attack (Volskaya Industries due to its flankable nature).

Also it's just plain unfair for a team's time to affect the opposing team's time on control point. They already have 2 points, and on a map like Hanamura where the last control point is easily defendable, giving us lesser time to complete it is plain unfair.

The whole system needs to be revamped NOW. Not in 3 months.
this thread is full of hate and harassment, not sure why its not locked yet.
07/01/2016 07:45 AMPosted by Starcatraz
07/01/2016 07:21 AMPosted by Exile20
Go play quick play, you don't have to play ranked if you dont want to.

The reason i bought overwatch was of its awesome gameplay and knowing there would be competitive.

I didn't get to experience it, since it was in the beta.

They 100% Threw it out and made THIS.
They tested it out in PTR.
we told them it was bad.
They released it anyway.

I played enough quick play, i want team competitive game.

Of course they released it anyway they were trying to go for esports. Can't do that without ranked so out ranked came.
A statement if anything to counterract some points would be nice.
Anyway your MMR reset after each season around 2 month and a half so if you dont like it, just dont play it.
07/01/2016 09:49 AMPosted by DracosKasu
Anyway your MMR reset after each season around 2 month and a half so if you dont like it, just dont play it.

Illogical post.
I was against hero stacking at first but now I have come to accept and enjoy it. The game is clearly balanced around it and switching it up would not work. It's also not that big of a deal.

Some of the other issues are legit, but your salt levels are way too high.

The baddies will filter themselves out with time as well.

There's some stuff they need to improve on but no one's perfect and as someone who is usually pretty critical, I think the devs are doing are pretty good job as the game develops.
07/01/2016 08:18 AMPosted by IDrinkBleach
07/01/2016 08:09 AMPosted by demon
I understand that it could have some issues but why remove it? Plenty of people are still playing it and enjoying it and NO ONE is forcing you to play it. Its not like quick play is inaccessible because competitive is open, you can still go and play that. Like someone else said it doesn't need to be taken down to be fixed, in fact blizzard will get more information about what needs to be fixed by having it open.

Because ranking is broken and there is literally no MMR besides "Has x player lost as many matches as you?" which is terrible because once you get a !@#$ty team, you're done

Your are describing a myth that isn't even exclusive to THIS competitive mode. We get it, you lost so MMR must be broke.
07/01/2016 01:35 AMPosted by Snakes
So many Chicken Littles. "Its not perfect, remove it immediately!"

Seriously, we're talking about a GAME here. A game with a mode that has been publicly stated is going to change in a couple of months. A game that depends on 12 people being both willing AND able to stick around for the duration of the match. It isn't always going to go 100% as planned, but that doesn't mean you say "!@#$ it, shut it down."

Guess what, there's people who acknowledge that it isn't perfect but still love the hell out of it.

Not to mention that the Overwatch team has taken community feedback into account in the development of their game more than any other game I can think of in history and been very open about it, and here they are rewarded with a bullet point list of every little grievance of things that have been DIRECTLY ADDRESSED BY THE DEVELOPERS on several occasions.

No you're right, shut it down until its reached some mystical perfect state that suits everyone in the world's needs [/sarcasm]

Im just glad blizzard doesnt think like these people do. "oh no I dont like a game mode that tons of other people like because its not perfect? SHUT IT DOWN SO NO ONE CAN PLAY IT, IF I DONT LIKE IT THEN NO ONE SHOULD BE ABLE TO ENJOY IT"

EDIT: meh no point in sitting around and arguing with people who say things like this

Not playing is worse than Playing it.

but say they want to remove the whole mode. Guess what! if you remove the whole mode then you cant play it at all! Which according to you is worse than playing the mode.

I don't think you understand.

I made 2 very Different Points.

1 - Remove it and Fix it

2 - If they don't remove it, they need to fix it ASAP while its still live.
and by not playing it, if you dont like it. you're wasting your opportunity to grind for gold Weapons.
And No one likes to grind, but no one has any other choice.
its not like they will give us free gold weapons just because the screwed up.
Ranked is trash
07/01/2016 07:26 AMPosted by Connatic

Sudden Death - Tweaked for Season 1 and being removed for Season 2 since you guys don't believe in data.

KotH bug was addressed and fixed

Level =/= Skill Rating. People who played for hundreds of games in the Beta could be just starting to play live against since they were burnt out.

We don't need to take it down for these non-issues. If you feel like your experience is "tainted" with these hiccups, then wait for Season 2. Either way it's the same for you. Don't ruin it for the rest of us.

If you think those are the only issues I... and the rest of the community have, then you are wrong.
"wait for season 2"
easy to say, Competitive is a grin right now for Golden Weapons and High ranks for rewards.
Not playing is worse than Playing it.
but playing it is hell.
Due to the MORE OTHER ISSUES. i have listen and even more are being listed by everyone else.
"Dont ruin it for us"

Im giving feedback so they improve it.

Not in this post you aren't, if you did in previous posts then my mistake.
Im just glad blizzard doesnt think like these people do. "oh no I dont like a game mode that tons of other people like because its not perfect? SHUT IT DOWN SO NO ONE CAN PLAY IT, IF I DONT LIKE IT THEN NO ONE SHOULD BE ABLE TO ENJOY IT"

EDIT: meh no point in sitting around and arguing with people who say things like this
but say they want to remove the whole mode. Guess what! if you remove the whole mode then you cant play it at all! Which according to you is worse than playing the mode.

I don't think you understand.

I made 2 very Different Points.

1 - Remove it and Fix it

2 - If they don't remove it, they need to fix it ASAP while its still live.
and by not playing it, if you dont like it. you're wasting your opportunity to grind for gold Weapons.
And No one likes to grind, but no one has any other choice.
its not like they will give us free gold weapons just because the screwed up.

The released it as is because by the time they would have fixed it, Season 2 would have started anyways, which is probably when the "fix" will be ready. Hopefully they hotfix the bugs with people getting losses even though they come back in time after a DC, but there really isn't much else "broke" besides players personal faith in online match making.

Seriously, we're talking about a GAME here. A game with a mode that has been publicly stated is going to change in a couple of months. A game that depends on 12 people being both willing AND able to stick around for the duration of the match. It isn't always going to go 100% as planned, but that doesn't mean you say "!@#$ it, shut it down."

Guess what, there's people who acknowledge that it isn't perfect but still love the hell out of it.

Not to mention that the Overwatch team has taken community feedback into account in the development of their game more than any other game I can think of in history and been very open about it, and here they are rewarded with a bullet point list of every little grievance of things that have been DIRECTLY ADDRESSED BY THE DEVELOPERS on several occasions.

No you're right, shut it down until its reached some mystical perfect state that suits everyone in the world's needs [/sarcasm]

The fact you are down voted really speaks to the quality of people that read forums. I completely agree with you. If people are so unhappy with it don't effing play it. No one is forcing you too, the seasons over next month anyways and they are fixing stuff at an amazing rate.

The biggest issue seems to be right now that some games don't give you enough rating, who cares it affects everyone the same. I think most people are just salty cause they solo qued and got a bad team, sorry buddy get used it, if you solo que that's going to happen, a lot and nothing blizz can do will save you from it.
OR!!! You can just not play it until its fixed!?! We know it needs work, and it's a work in progress. So why are people acting as if Blizzard is forcing them to play ranked, I don't understand. If you don't like it, just don't play it until they fix it. Why should they remove it just because some people don't like it ? Other people are actually enjoying it, even with its flaws so how is that fair to them?

My advice is, stay away from it till it's improved and keep pressuring the devs for improvement.
07/01/2016 10:12 AMPosted by otherguy

The fact you are down voted really speaks to the quality of people that read forums. I completely agree with you. If people are so unhappy with it don't effing play it. No one is forcing you too, the seasons over next month anyways and they are fixing stuff at an amazing rate.

The biggest issue seems to be right now that some games don't give you enough rating, who cares it affects everyone the same. I think most people are just salty cause they solo qued and got a bad team, sorry buddy get used it, if you solo que that's going to happen, a lot and nothing blizz can do will save you from it.

well you do realize premades can just lose on purpose and get easy wins on the lower ranks?

and who are the lower ranks? oh right...Noobs and solo players.

And why would pre mades lose on purpose?

Easy competitive point farming.
Fix this....thing you call competitive Blizz. Coin flip is trash, I find it hard to believe anyone is going to be able to keep a decent rate with how this system works. I call absolute BS on individual skill being involved in how much you gain/lose. 46 kills with Pharah and 3 golds, we lose....yet I lose an entire rank? Win a match and I gain like 1/6th of a rank?
07/01/2016 10:15 AMPosted by Starcatraz
07/01/2016 10:12 AMPosted by otherguy

well you do realize premades can just lose on purpose and get easy wins on the lower ranks?

and who are the lower ranks? oh right...Noobs and solo players.

And why would pre mades lose on purpose?

Easy competitive point farming.

I doubt this is a problem. The time it takes to "tank your rating" without leaving and getting banned, would be much longer than just playing normally.