Leavers and how they effect the winners

Competitive Discussion
Prev 1 9 10 11 34 Next
People keep trolling winning team and exploiting the xp gain/loss since competitive was implemented, do you plan on fixing it? last 3 games almos the whole enemy team disconected and didnt gain any xp i could win 5 matches like that and the skill rating is loss in a single lose, the system is crap leavers have to be punished harder and not the winnning team
07/10/2016 02:08 PMPosted by ANIMALMOTHER
all my wins today gave me 1/20th rank cause of enemy rage quitters. this is almost like the game is trolling us.

I had 5 wins I think this morning with rage-quitters, however I noticed that after that it was placing me with players 5 or 6 ranks above me. So when I do win I'm getting almost a whole level and when I lose I don't lose much. Seems mmr isn't affected by the opposing leavers.
Yo blizzard, this aint fixed...

http://imgur.com/48gKNRk
07/10/2016 01:21 PMPosted by SingularThey
Last night I won a match in which the last few minutes of round one, and ALL of round two, were 5v6, and my team was the 5. We _won_ which was awesome. And got that 1/20 sliver of MMR reward as a result. :/

I am almost certain this cannot be working as intended.

Well if you have quilters barely halfway through, I can see getting less points. Was an easy win. Has anyone had low rating gains when people quit at the very last second?
07/07/2016 10:50 PMPosted by IrDaBrit
People know about this and are exploiting it to disrupt people's rankings. Losing a game? Quit - you're going to lose anyway, and you screw over the other team
This is still broken.
07/07/2016 07:57 PMPosted by Lylirra
We made a change earlier today that was intended to address this. (You can read more about that change [url="http://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20745727098"]here[/url]).

Since we're still seeing posts like yours, though, we're following up on our end to make sure the change was implemented correctly. The ultimate goal is to make it so that, if a player leaves mid-match, it won't affect how Skill Rating is adjusted at the end of a match. If that's not what is actually happening right now, we'll fix it.

Sorry for the delay! And thanks so much for the report.

This kind of needs to be addressed as well, this has happened a lot to me and I'm sure you at bilz can see via match history on my account. Will you be fixing this retro actively as well? Meaning the games were this did happen in the past will have the missing competitive rank increase added back in? If not I would be better off not playing ranked until this is fully fixed. This just happened in my last game.
"Fixed" 3 days ago means nothing was fixed at all. Is this what we should expect from Blizz from now on?
Still not fixed :) GG
Still no fix? Getting pretty tired of this game.. well it was good try. Just thought such a big company would handle these kind of problems better, but.. mjeh
Still broken.
#1 Give higher penalties to stop this bs happening.
#2 Take less than 2 weeks to fix a simple xp gain/loss issue

I'm no game dev but there is 0 Reason these minor bugs should take 2+ weeks to fix, it is not a bug hidden in the game files somewhere, it is the system you put in place that needs adjusting.
Any update for us at this time? Overall I'm loving competitive but this does take the wind out of the sails a bit.

Thanks for all of your hard work and visibility with the community.

07/08/2016 11:09 AMPosted by Lylirra
07/08/2016 10:59 AMPosted by Freelancer
Just want to say that you said you made the change but the reduced xp gain still happened for me in a game not even a hour ago. So am i just reading the change wrong or is it buggy?

You're not reading it wrong! Just in case my earlier post wasn't clear, we DID make a change, but it looks like there may have been a bug that prevented it from actually taking effect. (Your report is a good example.)

That's an issue, and we're trying to fix it right now.
For gods sake we need a fix and fast i cant play this !@#$ anymore. Trying to hold back emotions, but i cant blame myself after game i just had. First round we lost. fair and square random team no coordination we lost. Fine.
Everyone left except me and one more guy. "You may leave now,but get a loss". Explain to me please what chance do i have 2 vs 6 when we did not give up. ended up being camped at spawn and i would get same penalty as leavers. Tons of xp lost, loss and no real way to change anything. wow thanks. No benefit to stay on a loosing game when you have less than 5 people on team then why is the game still going? Why must i pay the price of a loss for what i could have still won? I had worse games turn around and become wins. Loosing first person is bad, but manageable. stop with the you can leave now nonsense. they do leave.Me and the other guy who actually came to win. I am not gona type swearwords just add them in your mind as i am not sad, angry or so on. im bloody cooking with rage inside as there is 0 things to do to stop a loss when everyone leaves group. thanks i got a loss because someone leaves. WHY?
This is just.... this is just how team games work! Like, in no other team game I can think of would a team not simply have to take a loss--the entire team--if one of its members refused to play and the remaining members are unable (or by the rules not allowed to) to play through to victory.

Like, what alternative could possibly work? Cancel the game? That incentivizes people to leave to screw over the other team or save their teammates from getting a loss.
07/11/2016 07:06 AMPosted by SingularThey
This is just.... this is just how team games work! Like, in no other team game I can think of would a team not simply have to take a loss--the entire team--if one of its members refused to play and the remaining members are unable (or by the rules not allowed to) to play through to victory.

Like, what alternative could possibly work? Cancel the game? That incentivizes people to leave to screw over the other team or save their teammates from getting a loss.

I think the biggest issue is winners getting a small fraction of rating when someone rage-quits on the other team 30 seconds before the end. I personally don't see anything wrong with losing rating normally when a teammate leaves. That could be easily abused otherwise.

Yesterday I had 5 wins where someone left on the other team. A pretty ridiculous number that obviously holds me back several ranks. However, I did notice that I'm being matched at least 5 ranks above my current rating. This tells me that mmr is not affected by leavers. I wonder if this is actually what got fixed.
Just manage to win a game 5 vs 6 and even when we won the game (a quiter or a DC on our team)we receive a picecrap of rank points even when we were the underdogs.
Your patch or whatever you did is not working,
Can we get a status update, Blizzard developers?
07/11/2016 10:37 AMPosted by Campiclatch
Can we get a status update, Blizzard developers?

you kidding? the devs only care about the 1% thats why the system is tailor made for them.
2nd game in a row where we stomp the team and they all leave, resulting in 0 xp.

Not sure how blizzard thinks this is fixed. All they have to do is go play 1 ranked game and see it themselves. Everytime I win, 95% of the time, someone leaves. Im sure it wouldnt be difficult for them to try it and see what happens.
07/11/2016 10:36 AMPosted by Green
Just manage to win a game 5 vs 6 and even when we won the game (a quiter or a DC on our team)we receive a picecrap of rank points even when we were the underdogs.
Your patch or whatever you did is not working,

This happend to me yesterday. Blizzard claims that the reason you gain less rank when an opponent leaves is because the system thinks the game was easier so you should gain less (we all know the issue is rage quitters leaving in the final seconds of a match).

So explain to me why the "system" is giving me less experience for winning when my team is a man down!!

Stop the BS Blizzard.