Leavers and how they effect the winners

Competitive Discussion
Prev 1 10 11 12 34 Next
07/11/2016 10:36 AMPosted by Green
Just manage to win a game 5 vs 6 and even when we won the game (a quiter or a DC on our team)we receive a picecrap of rank points even when we were the underdogs.
Your patch or whatever you did is not working,

It seems like winning a 5v6 hasn't been fixed?

But on my last game the opposing team had a guy leaving just several seconds before my team winning, and I get decent points (a tad less than half the gauge). I was ready to RAEG, too.

I'd say a little more time and the rest of the issues will be fixed.
So any word on from Blizzard if this has been fixed? I had a few match last night that was not fixed. I see a butch of twitter post referring to the post about how they changed it but no post stating they fixed the bug.
Unless it was after this morning:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00nRrevKN8o

That's a game this morning still detailing the broken exp mechanic.
I've resorted to tweeting to https://twitter.com/PlayOverwatch.

https://twitter.com/Catbriar/status/752581154818039808

They're trying to tell me that http://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20745727098 explains it all (and that it was made yesterday, not three days ago.)

All weekend long, if someone left, a victory returned a minuscule amount on the rank bar. Around 1/20th of the bar. A loss under the same conditions deducts the full amount, natch.

Either they don't understand the issue or they don't want to acknowledge it and telling me it's already taken care of is...clumsy, at best.
Still broken.
Last night, around 7:30 CST I played a competitive game that was evenly matched on King's Row. My team attacked first. Right around when we got the 2nd check point (just before the ramp that goes down into the pit) a player on MY team left. The 60s time period passed. My team then successfully capture the 3rd point, 5vs6.

Game switched sides and before our defending round started our leaver came back (and apologized for his DC). Game is now 6vs6. We successfully stop them from capping the 3rd point and we win the match 3 to 2.

I gained about 5 to 10% of a level. I normally gain 40% to 60% a level on a win/loss.
Hey all,

Sincere apologies for not getting to back to this thread sooner. Here’s an update/recap:

• On Thursday, we made a change to Competitive Play so that if a player leaves during match, it will no longer affect how Skill Rating is adjusted at the end of a match.
  • That same day, we started investigating reports claiming that the change didn’t seem to be live yet, and that players were still “trolling” winning teams by leaving.
  • On Friday, we confirmed there was a bug preventing the change from going live and implemented a fix later that night.
  • Since then, we’ve been monitoring Competitive Play matches with leavers (including ones reported in this thread) to ensure our change is working as intended.

At this time, we can confirm that the change is live and, according to the data that we have, has been working correctly since last Friday night. While leavers previously had an impact on how Skill Rating was adjusted, they don't appear to anymore (and haven’t for a few days).

There are other factors that still have an impact on Skill Rating, though. Things like your team’s probability of success, your individual performance, and win/loss streaks can all affect how your Skill Rating is adjusted at the end of a match. These factors are there for a reason (to help make Skill Rating as accurate as possible), but we know that it’s not always clear right now why your Skill Rating is adjusted the way it is.

That's a concern for us, because we not only want Skill Rating to be accurate, but also for it to make sense. The fact that it doesn't is good feedback for us, and seeing how we can make Skill Rating feel better/be clearer is definitely something we’ll be keeping in mind as we look at ways to improve Competitive Play for future seasons.

With that said, while a lot of the complaints in this thread seem to be a result of that lack of clarity on our end rather than any existing bugs, that's not an assumption we're okay with so we're still keeping an eye on your incoming reports. This is something that's important to us, too, so we're going to continue to monitor/look into our systems for any ongoing or additional issues.
Just confirming as well that it´s still broken :(
07/11/2016 01:15 PMPosted by Lylirra
Hey all,

Apologies for not getting to back to this thread sooner. Here’s an update/recap:

• On Thursday, we made a change to Competitive Play so that if a player leaves during match, it will no longer affect how Skill Rating is adjusted at the end of a match.
  • That same day, we starting investigating reports claiming that the change didn’t seem to be live yet, and that players were still “trolling” winning teams by leaving.
  • On Friday, we confirmed there was a bug preventing the change from going live and implemented a fix later that night.
  • Since then, we’ve been monitoring Competitive Play matches with leavers (including ones reported in this thread) to ensure our change is working as intended.

At this time, we can confirm that the change is live and has been working correctly since last Friday night. While leavers previously had an impact on how Skill Rating was adjusted, they don’t anymore (and haven’t for a few days).

There are other factors that still have an impact on Skill Rating, though. Things like your team’s probability of success, your individual performance, and win/loss streaks can all affect how your Skill Rating is adjusted at the end of a match. These factors are there for a reason (to help make Skill Rating as accurate as possible), but we know that it’s not always clear right now why your Skill Rating is adjusted the way it is.

In fact, a lot of the complaints in this thread seem to be a result of that confusion rather than any existing bugs in the system (we checked).

That's a concern for us, because we not only want Skill Rating to be accurate, but also for it to make sense. The fact that it doesn't is good feedback for us, and seeing how we can make Skill Rating feel better is definitely something we’ll be keeping in mind as we look at ways to improve Competitive Play for future seasons.

Im sorry but I dont buy that its working as intended, atleast when you say that leavers arent affecting MMR gains anymore. The only time I get minimal MMR gains is when a person on the enemy team leaves. Never have I ever had the same result against a team of 6 players no matter if theyre the underdog, if my team is the underdog or whatever other reasons there may be.
Hey all,

Apologies for not getting to back to this thread sooner. Here’s an update/recap:

• That same day, we starting investigating reports claiming that the change didn’t seem to be live yet, and that players were still “trolling” winning teams by leaving.

At this time, we can confirm that the change is live and has been working correctly since last Friday night. While leavers previously had an impact on how Skill Rating was adjusted, they don’t anymore (and haven’t for a few days).

In fact, a lot of the complaints in this thread seem to be a result of that confusion rather than any existing bugs in the system (we checked).

That's a concern for us, because we not only want Skill Rating to be accurate, but also for it to make sense. The fact that it doesn't is good feedback for us, and seeing how we can make Skill Rating feel better is definitely something we’ll be keeping in mind as we look at ways to improve Competitive Play for future seasons.

so what youre saying is, if enemy player leaves when he realises its lost, i will still be gaining the amount i deserve? Cause that isnt happening.. I had two leavers yesterday iirc and i gained very little mmr
I won 3 games yesterday with leavers on the enemy team, our team was the underdog in 2/3 of those games and we got very little (~5%) rank.

So for whatever reason, It is still broken for me...Unless you are saying we deserve 5% rank for winning as the underdog when the enemy team got upset that we were on par with them... If it helps the maps were Kings Row, Ilois and Temple of Anubis.
If you said the fix was applied Friday night, then it is still broken because we won a game last night where the team left and we got minimal points. I only see the minimal point gain when the enemy team has some that left.

I do see my rating increase change depending on who we fought, but never a minimal gain, especially when we were the underdog.
Still broken, just played a game (someone left) and as the winner we got a tiny fraction of rank
Hey all,

I think we have 100% confirmation here that CM's don't actually play the game they're paid to shill for.
07/11/2016 01:31 PMPosted by Gunnerflux

I think we have 100% confirmation here that CM's don't actually play the game they're paid to shill for.

Sad but true.
we look at ways to improve Competitive Play for future seasons.
So we just have to deal with this annoying f*** for the next 3 months? Almost uninstall ready.
Confirmed, NOT fixed.
Hey all,

-snip-

May I suggest some transparency on the skill rating calculations?

It may help clear up why gains (or losses) are small (/big) in certain circumstances, and lessen attribution to things like leavers after adjustments have been made...

In the long run, this might include things like the screen showing:
+ points due to above average objective time
- points due to below average damage
+ points due to underdog bonus

etc
Hey guys,
just wanted to hop in here and ask a quick question do you still lose rating even if you reconnect before the 1 minute timer runs down ?
Definitely not fixed. Leavers are still affecting the MMR gains. CM needs to go back and tell the devs that it is still not fixed. I for one am pretty fed up with the slow fix for this. It was already a shortened season and this + other bugs/errors have basically thrown this season out the door. Would be nice if they gave everyone enough competitive points to get at least 1 golden weapon as a consolation for a failed season (not demanding, just suggesting from a help your players' morale viewpoint).