Leavers and how they effect the winners

Competitive Discussion
Prev 1 25 26 27 34 Next
Still getting baby xp when someone on the other team leaves and my team wins. It's really frustrating.
Hey everyone, quick update.

We believe we’ve found the source of the issues with Skill Rating you’re seeing and are in the process of deploying a probable fix on PC. This fix isn’t a guarantee and it may take about a full day before it hits all of our servers, so if you notice improvements within the next 24 hours, please let us know. (If you don't notice improvements, let us know that too.)

Again, this is just for PC only right now. If we see good results, we can then take steps to deploy the same fix on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.

Thanks again for all your reports, and for not backing down on this one. We're sorry you needed to be so persistent in the first place, but we're extremely grateful that you stuck with us.

Once the fix is fully deployed on PC, we'll check back in.
Also, it looks like this thread capped prematurely. Extended!
yayayayay!!!!!!so happy!!!!! crossing my fingers that it works!!!!!!
07/13/2016 09:28 PMPosted by Lylirra

We believe we’ve found the source of the issues with Skill Rating you’re seeing and are in the process of deploying a probable fix on PC. This fix isn’t a guarantee and it may take about a full day before it hits all of our servers, so if you notice improvements within the next 24 hours, please let us know. (If you don't notice improvements, let us know that too.)

Again, this is just for PC only right now. If we see good results, we can then take steps to deploy the same fix on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.

Thanks again for all your reports, and for not backing down on this one. We're sorry you needed to be so persistent in the first place, but we're extremely grateful that you stuck with us.

Glad to finally see a response. This has been so frustrating. Sucks to see PC gets it first but thats not on Blizzard I know. Really hope this fix is an actual fix
Cheers, some news is better than no news.
Won against leavers about 10 minutes ago.... Got a full rank, granted that may be because it was my first game outside of placements.
So happy to see this! I won't be able to play til I get home from work, but here's hoping the fix is fully online and working when I can. Thanks for the update!
07/13/2016 09:29 PMPosted by Lylirra
Also, it looks like this thread capped prematurely. Extended!

Thanks, Lylirra, for reopening the thread and giving us the update. Can't wait to see the ranking up look normal despite leavers! Will try to observe carefully to see what happens and under what circumstances as the new adjustments roll out.

Really appreciate that the matter was being worked on and a promising fix is making its way to the servers! I only wish that communication and understanding had been a little more prevalent, but if it gets fixed properly, I'm tickled scarlet with the outcome. ^.^
Is there something that you could do about intentional leavers? Like to ban them for an entire week or to make them lose 3 levels in competitive games every time they leave?

I've been trying to win some games today but I've lost 3 due to them. On monday, I lost another 3 competitive games due to leavers.

I was 44, now I'm 38 :/

It feels like you will never get out of 40's, and its really frustrating...

Thanks.
Glad to finally see an update that isn't "on our end it works fine".

I keep my fingers crossed and will give feedback on my observations.

Also, thanks for re-opening the thread.

YEEEUUSSSSSSS!

Would really be just super, super very very curious to read an explanation of what went wrong and what made it so hard for you guys to see that something was clearly wrong in the face of all the reports and screenshots and whatnot. I don't mean this as gloating, I'm just actually really curious about this. It seems like a fascinating breakdown of some kind.
Write Protection was turned on except for the one Server Blizzard used for testing... so the first fix never hast gone live. ;-)
I played a match a few hours ago and we won with a leaver on their end. I received 1/15th of a level still, however my teammates were cheering they received full exp. Could there be an issue effecting some? Is there something I need to fix on my end? I feel so left out :(
After playing a match and going 2:2 in OT right before going to sudden death 1 guy in our team just left. Ofc we lost the game and I ripped 40% of my current rank.

Only think that made me happy is that the enemy team recieved like 1/10 competitive xp because it was a close game and they sure didn't deserve to win like that.

dang didn't read this thread earlier I got scold by someone on the other thread however Thank you Blizzard
Much has been said just wanted to add that now it is on a level that has made me stop playing. Ranked made QP go all out fun mode which would be nice if rank worked but sins it does not now I do not have any where to play where it is fun so I think I will stop playing. And sadly since my time is limited that will mean to focus on other games. Not sure that I will come back.

One thing that is seldom talked about is that for us that do not have much time ranking up is too hard. Even if you play good the team as a hole matters more then you which makes it more random if you go up or down in ranks.
07/13/2016 10:19 PMPosted by LeeAsakura

It feels like you will never get out of 40's, and its really frustrating...

There is hope, I was once at 41 and am now sitting at 56 so it's possible.
Thank you Lylirra. If this works, I'm naming my first born after you.
Fixed!! Had a leaver ragequit right at the end of Hanamara. Got full points.

Thanks Lylirra.