Why do bad Genji's think they can solo 6 players?

General Discussion
I don't know if these is a meme or not;
But because GOOD Genjis CAN solo a team.

Not often, but if they play it well and use their ult, they can often wipe out a team with little to no assistance.

it requires good play by Genji and misplay by opponents but it can happen.

One of the key features of bad players it that they think they're good players.
Good players can solo 6, ergo bad players can solo 6.
Right?
1) Good Genji is actually supposed to run off by himself and be behind opponents lines, annoying the hell out of them (and killing somebody if possible, but that's secondary).
2) Good Genji is not going to go head to head with 6 people, but will pick them out 1 by 1.
3) There are very few good Genjis at lower rankings. And since Genji is a very hard character to play, bad Genjis tend to be completely useless.
You can only learn so much against AI. You *have* to fight against real players to learn the sweet spot of a character. I only try new toons in QuickPlay.
07/07/2016 01:30 AMPosted by geeaaioo
because most genji players are selfish non teamplaying dip!@#$s, not to mention most of the genji's ive encountered are little %^-*kids.
weboo's brah that's what they are called.
I've had a few successful 1v4s and 1v5s with his ult - and a ton of 1v3s (Not tried a true 1v6 yet) It is very satisfying to feel like you outplayed so many people and I imagine that is why bad ones do it so much. - They want to feel like a badass cyber ninja

Having said that, the opportunity doesn't arise very often. Conditions need to be perfect - but sometimes it seems like the enemy team lines up for you

Its also not ideal to pop an ult without a team behind you, but it can work out if played smart.

But basically, that is stuff you should be doing after you have a firm grasp on Genji, not as a bad/new player. Otherwise you just waste an ult
I like those Genji's, they feed my ult. Most of them eventually swap heroes after dying enough though. That being said there are also very good ones out there that i will absolutely solo ult if i am on Soldier. The less time they are harassing people the better.
07/07/2016 05:53 AMPosted by Gesha24
1) Good Genji is actually supposed to run off by himself and be behind opponents lines, annoying the hell out of them (and killing somebody if possible, but that's secondary).
2) Good Genji is not going to go head to head with 6 people, but will pick them out 1 by 1.
3) There are very few good Genjis at lower rankings. And since Genji is a very hard character to play, bad Genjis tend to be completely useless.

It's just frustrating as a support to watch these trash players go off alone and die. Like it's bad enough they're doing jack for the team but they are actually feeding the enemy ult charges. There hasn't been a single Genji in ranked that I've come across that will switch, even after explaining to them that they are hurting the team.
I mean, technically he can. Now the question of whether or not he actually will is an entirely... different issue. I'd have to say no, he won't successfully 1v6.
You answered your own question in the title.
Why do bad Genji's think...

Because they're bad.
Ahh Genji. The most binary character in the game.

Godlike or Doofus there seems to be no in-between.

It's like people start out doofus and then like magic overnight become godlike.

Anyway it's those godly Genjis that breed all those doofy Genjis. They see someone do it the way it should be done and think "I can do that too!" and there ya go.

Also, Ninjago.
Um, Genji is supposed to frequently go off alone, and harass from behind. There's a huge difference between flank-harass and "trying to solo 6 players".
I go in solo as hog cause i can. the goal is to take out a healer in one shot retreat back for push, most if the time i get a couple chasers off the point

Why do bad Genji's think they can solo 6 players?

because they watch youtube moments of the best genji's in the world, and see that they can pull it off sometimes
I'll tell you why, its because

"THE DRAGON BECOMES ME!!!"

but in all seriousness was it a guy by the name of Brogni, or something of that nature? I played a ranked match with that and he had 45 hours of nothing but Genji played, and refused to work with the team.

Luckily we still won.
07/07/2016 01:09 AMPosted by SasoriKishi

People aren't always super.

Solo players don't have the communication because the team is formed just minutes before the match. So things are meant to go wrong. This game is for premades and not for solo players. Premades won't do such mistakes. Even if there is one bad player in a premade the others will cover it up for him. Not in case of solo players. Since there isn't enough communication people will rush into enemy territory hoping to do some good and dying mostly

And why should a stranger listen to another stranger?
07/07/2016 08:18 AMPosted by darkseid
07/07/2016 01:09 AMPosted by SasoriKishi

People aren't always super.

Solo players don't have the communication because the team is formed just minutes before the match. So things are meant to go wrong. This game is for premades and not for solo players. Premades won't do such mistakes. Even if there is one bad player in a premade the others will cover it up for him. Not in case of solo players. Since there isn't enough communication people will rush into enemy territory hoping to do some good and dying mostly

Because they are being told, via voice chat and voice chat, to kindly switch? We communicated mostly well (honestly our Roadhog was pretty bad too). This is a team game, regardless of the mode. If you're not being a team player then sorry, you actually aren't playing the game correctly and would do the community a huge favour if you uninstalled.
07/07/2016 02:44 PMPosted by Rubiss
07/07/2016 08:18 AMPosted by darkseid

Because they are being told, via voice chat and voice chat, to kindly switch? We communicated mostly well (honestly our Roadhog was pretty bad too). This is a team game, regardless of the mode. If you're not being a team player then sorry, you actually aren't playing the game correctly and would do the community a huge favour if you uninstalled.

This attitude is the problem. You are just forcing the point of view on someone and thinks that is right. If the other person feels its right, He will do it. Installs and uninstalls are personal preference, So as playing the game.
Seagull wannabees except they don't have Shayed-like pocket support.
07/07/2016 03:06 AMPosted by RichC
When I see people pick Genji at the start of a match, I literally role my eyes, or shake my head slightly.
Yes I know "some" people are good with him, but that isn't most.
I think it's mostly weeaboos acting out.

I don't play Genji for one reason. I am horrible with Gengi. I'd rather not be more of a detriment to the team if I can help it.