We need a blue post on losses after a disconnection

General Discussion
07/01/2016 08:12 AMPosted by Jeff Kaplan
07/01/2016 06:20 AMPosted by LeftyChev
There are a ton of threads on this issue now but I haven't seen a blue post addressing it yet. People are experiencing a disconnect from a game and then quickly reconnecting. Their team wins and they either get a loss in placement matches or they loose skill rating.

Is this a bug or is it working as intended?

We have some fixes coming (hopefully) next week.

Quit dodging the real issue and admit you clowns didn't buy a fraction of the servers needed to support the playerbase. Go on, admit it. Trillionaire lying scum bag company.
07/01/2016 08:50 AMPosted by BurmaJones

Quit dodging the real issue and admit you clowns didn't buy a fraction of the servers needed to support the playerbase. Go on, admit it. Trillionaire lying scum bag company.

As someone who has spent the better part of their life working in IT infrastructure, I don't think you know what you're talking about.
07/01/2016 09:32 AMPosted by LeftyChev
07/01/2016 08:50 AMPosted by BurmaJones

As someone who has spent the better part of their life working in IT infrastructure, I don't think you know what you're talking about.

I love the part where you say nothing that's relevant to my assertion or the thread. Nobody cares that you're pretending you've been in IT, besides which every idiot can get an IT job these days. (This idiot has one too, gg.)

Awesome, thanks Jeff! Hope you aren't getting burned out responding to the forums now that the salt levels are starting to rise.

The non-vocal majority simply reading your responses really appreciates it!
07/01/2016 09:35 AMPosted by BurmaJones

I love the part where you say nothing that's relevant to my assertion or the thread. Nobody cares that you're pretending you've been in IT, besides which every idiot can get an IT job these days. (This idiot has one too, gg.)

Here's something relevant to your assertion: you're a piece of sh** and you should just f*** off instead of wasting the precious bits that your post isn't even worth occupying. Whether you're trolling or just salty extreme, you're a piece of human garbage and you should feel bad.
I had my first disconnect last night (only disconnected from the game NOT teamspeak or anything else from my isp), yet when I relaunched battle.net and got into Overwatach which took less than 45 seconds it would not let me back in my game where I was grouped with 2 others (if that matters). Is this a bug too? Or how are people reconnecting to a game?!
07/01/2016 10:01 AMPosted by GreenSage

Here's something relevant to your assertion: you're a piece of sh** and you should just f*** off instead of wasting the precious bits that your post isn't even worth occupying. Whether you're trolling or just salty extreme, you're a piece of human garbage and you should feel bad.

Bro, calm down on your own salt. Someone else being a jerk doesn't excuse you being WORSE than he is. If you're going to call someone out, keep it reasonably civil.
Jeff the other issue is that if you DC and rejoin, your stats and medals aren't retained. I had 2 golds as Pharah, my Internet flickered, I came back ASAP and had 0s in all my stats. Won the game, lost rank.
After the fix will we get back our lost points? I mean for the reconnection bug.
I fear next week is going to be too late. You should probably disable Competitive mode until then if you don't want to a complete !@#$storm happening over the week-end.
07/01/2016 11:41 AMPosted by Ramza
I fear next week is going to be too late. You should probably disable Competitive mode until then if you don't want to a complete !@#$storm happening over the week-end.

Um, if you d/c from very many games you will no longer be able to play competitive so in actuality fewer people would be affected because they will be suspended for x amount of time, lol.
I remember playing in qualifiers in competitive and for some reason the loading screen for the characters wouldn't work for me. Soon after, my game crashed and I rejoined within set time period, and I was in a group with my friend. We won, but I got a loss even though the leaver thing was an incident? And what should have made me have the same rank, or similar at least, made me have a complete downside. He's ranked 57, and I'm ranked 53. That one loss given to me for leaving a match when it wasn't even my fault shouldn't be fair, and that seems unbalanced.
07/01/2016 09:32 AMPosted by LeftyChev

"you clowns didn't buy a fraction of the servers needed" - First, if they didn't buy a fraction, then they bought the whole amount? Let's overlook the stupidity of this statement and assume everyone understands that what you meant was that they didn't buy nearly enough "servers". What would the number of servers have to do with getting a loss after disconnecting? What type of information do you have that whatever issue you think is on their end has to do with a lack of compute vs a lack of bandwidth or an application issue or a some misconfiguration or something else?

The answer is that you don't have a clue. A compute issue is something they could address pretty easily.
Known issues listed below from my experience.

Before Game starts (Still behind the gates/door):
-If a person disconnects, the game gets cancelled even if they reconnect and everyone in the game (even if you're not queued with the person who disconnected) gets an automatic loss.

Game started:
-If a user disconnects and rejoins, regardless of the outcome of the game it counts as a loss for the person who disconnected.
-If a user disconnects and closes client to reopen, the rejoin button disappears and they automatically get a loss.
There are a ton of threads on this issue now but I haven't seen a blue post addressing it yet. People are experiencing a disconnect from a game and then quickly reconnecting. Their team wins and they either get a loss in placement matches or they loose skill rating.

Ok then in the meantime I'm avoiding competitive like the plague.

Hopefully fixing mercy beam detargetting people when swaping form dmg to healz :(

Hopefully this doesn't mean just a fix for the ranking loss and includes a fix for disconnections.

Okay, now tell us what you plan to do about leavers causing a loss or the absurd 3 wins = 1 loss.
07/01/2016 06:18 PMPosted by Unaki

Okay, now tell us what you plan to do about leavers causing a loss or the absurd 3 wins = 1 loss.

what u mean??
If you reconnect and your team wins, you should just get the win. That is how every game has done this ever and it works. Why over complicate this.