There are already people ranked 22 and lower..

General Discussion
Do you think its even possible to dig yourself out of that hole?
Who do they even get matched with?
I think most of those are people who intentionally tanked their rank. Have you seen the topics on the forum with people doing that to 'quest for rank 1?'
I'm probably headed there. I had no idea how bad i am.
Believe it or not, *someone* has to be at the bottom.
Since you lose a rank a lose match, and your own personal stats don't matter, I'd say they got there from either bad teams or not being good.

Glad so many people "like" this system over a traditional ranked one.
06/30/2016 08:00 PMPosted by Sonic
Who do they even get matched with?

I'm thinking "A Little Puppy" from the Hearthstone opponent wheel.

"Why is Tracer running in circles in the spawn room?"

"Oh, that's Rover. He's trying out a new hero. Just say 'fetch' in team chat and he'll help."
Everyone is headed to the bottom with the currently bugged winning xp.

You need an 80% win rate to maintain current rank.
06/30/2016 08:14 PMPosted by HueHueSenpai
Since you lose a rank a lose match, and your own personal stats don't matter, I'd say they got there from either bad teams or not being good.

Glad so many people "like" this system over a traditional ranked one.

That's odd I've seen multiple posts where people have found correlation to their individual stats and ranking up. I wonder if blues will give us a solid statement on what the rank system does involve exactly to move up. Maybe they have just personally have not seen it yet.
While we are on the subject, i can't believe how bad this rating system is telling me I am. I'm not complaining. I came out of my placement matches as 42 which seemed reasonable, but I've never won a game since. I'm now like 35 or 36. Thats fine, but now I'm on teams picking double Bastion and Torb on attack. Now, I know I'm not quite that bad.
Well in my experience of getting placed with nothing but !@#$ty teams, also quitters and afk, with the rate my rank is going down ill probably be the 1st to hit 1...
considering the rate im losing rating, im not surprised.
at a 50/50 win rate, if you play more than 2 hours, you would lose a level per day.
imagine someone who plays 4 hours a day.
easy to be at 20 by now.

In other words - assuming a 50/50 win rate and the rate at which you gain/lose rating - the more you play, the faster you tank.
At season end all ranks get reset anyways. They can try their best this season, learn, and get better by next season.
REALLY!!! >.> I didn't do to hot in my placements and i still got 56...

Jesus they have to be doing that on purpose or they they should probably revoke there mouse and keyboard or GIT GUD!
considering the rate im losing rating, im not surprised.

at a 50/50 win rate, if you play more then an hour or two, you're losing a level per day.

imagine someone who plays4 hours a day.

easy to be at 20 by now.

Honestly its a pretty bad system, im normally that slightly above average player so this system sucks. I play a lot of solo and its not hard for me to pull golds but you cant win them all. at a straight 50/50 average (which is normal imo) its so easy to derank. I want from 49 to 51 to 47 all in one day over the course of like 12 matches.

Granted I know im not the best player, this is my first PC shooter but I think I should be doing better then this.

Side note KOTH is bugged so if you win that a lot you really dont get much #feelsbadman.
Currently at #59 solo q only.

I've played against people with skill levels of #66 and won.

At one point you have to stop blaming teammates and instead try to be the best teammate you can be.
06/30/2016 08:24 PMPosted by Schizm

Jesus they have to be doing that on purpose or they they should probably revoke there mouse and keyboard or GIT GUD!

This is a team game, so once you get put low, you're stuck with terrible players who never win.
The casuals are killing it for us.
I've been is too many games where casuals have joined with a friend and they spend more time chatting about non-game related crap than they do actually playing the battle.

And if you dare say anything to them they just get pissy and put you on block and continue playing like casuals without a care in the world.
They are only playing to get the golden weapon and they don't care if it takes them all season to save up 300 points with 300 carried wins.

It was probably a bad idea to have a seasonal prize because it attracts the collectors that really don't care about competitive play but they want the pretty weapon for their main.
06/30/2016 08:28 PMPosted by GoldenVoltZ
06/30/2016 08:24 PMPosted by Schizm

This is a team game, so once you get put low, you're stuck with terrible players who never win.

Pretty much I started at rank 48 and have lost 95% of my matches. It just keeps getting worse. Now I am close to the 30's and people are going to AFK. People don't give a !@#$ below 50 so you are screwed once you get there. The only way out is to find a premade and dig out.
I'm sure u can be rank 20. I went from 41 to 39 -__- in a matter of 1 hr doing 4 matches. Lost 3 won 1. The 3 loss each killed like 70% of the skill rating bar. At this rate I be 0