Why punish the winners?

General Discussion
Its not THEIR fault that their OPPONENTS had a leaver.

Why is the winning team getting punished because the opposing team had a ragequitter/DC etc.???????????????

I just won a game and I got 1/10 of experience because the other team had a ragequitter. I know he was ragequitting because the opposing team told us. On the other hand, earlier today I lost a game because of a leaver, but I still lost half a rank???????????????????????
IS THIS A JOKE?!
Example of a loss where I had a leaver. Look how much I lost: http://imgur.com/cVktLTd
When I win against a team that had a leaver, I get as much as when the KOTH bug was there.

Why is this a thing?
When I watch a football game and there is a red card or injury, the other team don't fkn suffer from it, do they? They play on knowing they now have an advantage, and there is nothing wrong with that.
Why is this implemented in Overwatch?
Retarded.
UPDATE:

Another game where the enemy team had a leaver. 1/10 of exp.
I don't even know what to say to be fully honest. I'm just super salty....
You're saying you should get full exp for facing less than 6 people on the other team ?

Did it take the same amount of effort for the full team to win if they were facing another full team or is it easier for them with 5 (or less) ?

Or course it's scaled. It sucks, but it's how it is.
07/04/2016 08:27 PMPosted by Cedarva
You're saying you should get full exp for facing less than 6 people on the other team ?

Did it take the same amount of effort for the full team to win if they were facing another full team or is it easier for them with 5 (or less) ?

Duuuuuuuuuh?
OF COURSE I SHOULD GET FULL EXP?

It's not MY fault that our team was BETTER and stomped the other team just enough to make one of them ragequit. I mean.. What tha fark...

Anyways, you will probably get matches like I did. You will see what a pain it is to get only a tenth of exp when you were just better than the enemy team. You will see.
The system punishes the losers on teams with leavers more than it does the winners. Though I do agree that the winners should be getting more comp points, the losers should lose less. The whole "leave the game without penalty" is also deceiving seeing how you still lose rank points... broken system at the moment imo.
07/04/2016 08:52 PMPosted by Arbu

Duuuuuuuuuh?

It's not MY fault that our team was BETTER and stomped the other team just enough to make one of them ragequit. I mean.. What tha fark...

Anyways, you will probably get matches like I did. You will see what a pain it is to get only a tenth of exp when you were just better than the enemy team. You will see.

So even though there's a handicap, you should still get full exp. Of course, when it's the other way around, you think it's not fair - that's just how it goes.

"When I get matches like you did"? You also believe you're the only one who has matches with leavers in them? Come on now ...

Duuuuuuuuuh?

You sound like you have down syndrome. You think you should be a privileged !@#$ but how bout you be on the losing team. It's %^-* and they know the game is over anyway so you can just !@#$ing steamroll them but you think that you still had to sweat to win.
100% sure it is bug, im wait for blue post about it.
4th of July has never been this long :P
07/04/2016 09:18 PMPosted by Cedarva

Duuuuuuuuuh?

So even though there's a handicap, you should still get full exp. Of course, when it's the other way around, you think it's not fair - that's just how it goes.

"When I get matches like you did"? You also believe you're the only one who has matches with leavers in them? Come on now ...

Why would you punish people on one team, for people on the other team leaving, that doesn't make any sense.
The system should adjust for how much progress was made and calculate something reasonable, not just all or nothing.
07/04/2016 09:20 PMPosted by Macmood

Duuuuuuuuuh?

You sound like you have down syndrome. You think you should be a privileged !@#$ but how bout you be on the losing team. It's %^-* and they know the game is over anyway so you can just !@#$ing steamroll them but you think that you still had to sweat to win.

Just saying, you sound more down by even saying !@#$ like that. lmao.
At least, be polite when you are insulting other people, otherwise it sounds %^-* anyway.
More or les, i can understand the lack of points if the match was forced to end early, but there was a match that went into like coin flip overtime, and since they left with like 3 min left for them to steal are point, or lose, we get 1/10 xp, and like that 30 min match meant nothing. There should be at least get some ranking for lasting that long.
Had a game earlier where 4 of the 6 enemy players had left the game. I felt bad for the two remaining players, we decided to just do 1v1 fights until the timer ran out. At least they were cool about it..
07/04/2016 09:20 PMPosted by Macmood

Duuuuuuuuuh?

Clearly you've not even read my post. Go read please, before you make assumptions of what your brain thinks about humanity. I understand punishing the team that has a leaver, this way you make sure there is no abuse. But punishing the winners is plain stupid.

Also, please, read my post.
I've had people leaving on my team as well, I know very well what an annoyance it is.
07/04/2016 09:22 PMPosted by Rerevisiting
The system should adjust for how much progress was made and calculate something reasonable, not just all or nothing.

That's exactly what its doing at the moment though?
Its broke. When there is a leaver, the system doesn't recognize the match as a full game, thus giving/taking less exp. That's why its broken at the moment. That's also why, there are frequently more leavers, because they don't want to suffer a full loss, which leads them to leave when they see loss is imminent.
The issue isn't that if someone leaves early and it's a 5v6 the 6 team if they win shouldn't be gifted heaps of experience.

But having someone leave half way through the final round of a KoTH or something surely winning 2 rounds to be in a position to gain the win is worth something?