We need a blue post on KOTH issue in ranked

General Discussion
1 2 3 24 Next
Highly Rated
Why are we getting next to no points for wins in every KOTH?

Why am I 11-7 (61% win ratio) AFTER my placements put me at 54 rank, yet I am still rank 54, dipping as low as rank 52 during this 11-7 run?

Are you really telling me that 11-7 isn't good enough to atleast get to rank 55? Do I need a 80% win ratio to start moving up?

Multiple of my wins are on KOTH, therefore I have been blessed with getting next to no points on all of them, and no, these were with both teams rated exactly even.

I got a win on a payload map when we were the underdog, and I got the exact same amount of points for when we beat a team on payload that is even matched. But you better believe when we lost a game to a team we were favored in, I lost an entire level's worth of points.

Please, update us on if this is an error or something. There is no way that a 61% win ratio after placements should have me at the same level I started at still
Please
BUMB FIX THIS
Yeah I was stuck at 51, won 3 matches didnt make it to 52 again then lost 3 and went down almost 3 levels.
29-19, roflstomping over every game.

I am rank 48 and my enemys are not even near my skill level, nor are my team mates.

Boring as !@#$, I have to wait till all the 45ers go down to 35.

Im guessing the system doesn't know how to place players yet, so this will pendle in sooner or later. I played Tf2 like almost every day since it was released...
They need to just take KOTH maps out of the rotation until the issue is fixed.
Yea I went 4-2 last night and stayed at the same rating. 2 of the games were on KoTH maps.

Losing feels very penalizing while winning feels unrewarding currently.
06/30/2016 05:42 AMPosted by Ovian
29-19, roflstomping over every game.

I am rank 48 and my enemys are not even near my skill level, nor are my team mates.

Boring as !@#$, I have to wait till all the 45ers go down to 35.

Im guessing the system doesn't know how to place players yet, so this will pendle in sooner or later. I played Tf2 like almost every day since it was released...

Looks like you're actually 7-4. +3 over even not as impressive as +10.
No there isn't a KOTH specific problem. It's just confirmation bias on your part. Gain/losses are very polarized right after placing and heavily influenced by the underdog system.

Anyways my gains/losses have evened out and are mostly in the 40-60 range now, including on KOTH maps.

The real annoying !@#$ is that the average of all my gains is 33% of a rank, while the average of all my losses is 45%.
Someone on reddit made a record of all the recent live streamed games he had seen, and without exception, KOTH wins only awarded a tiny sliver of rank. Granted their sample size was small, but has _anyone_ seen a large rank gain in KOTH, even once, that can be confirmed?
no...there definitely is a KOTH problem. A win on koth gives you 1/16th of the experience a win on payload maps would give. (give or take due to team rankings.) but even teams get far less for winning on a koth map.

they still lose nearly a lvl and a half if they lose, but gain almost nothing for a win. there are countless post with screen shots showing the difference. there is literally no reason to play a koth map. it takes longer...and rewards nearly nothing at all for a win, compared to the full rank you will lose if ya don't win.
I will try to track my progress today based on map type, W/L and amount of progress gained/lost.
This was a posted problem on PTR, how was this not addressed?
fixplis
I am totally bumping you because the issue is real
The KOTH are bugged in competitive and it looks like that Blizz are well aware of it? Not sure why they didn't fix it before hand...

http://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20745665208#post-3
Is this true? Bump
KotH is bugged, whatever Blizz did to try and balance the MMR impact from the Bo5's in ranked to be roughly equal to that of Payload/Capture maps broke the system.

THIS IS SOMETHING DIRECTLY RELATED TO KOTH. You can say it's just confirmation bias or MMR being dynamic, but the facts show this same bug has leaked over into the KotH matches in quick play that will freeze stats after round one resulting in only half XP rewarded. You never received just 1k XP before from Bo3 KotH in quick play but since the competitive update majority of my KotH matches end this way.

It either has something to do with the new score system or something with the XP/MMR system in KotH bugging out and dropping the stats from majority of the rounds so your final score of one round is compared to the scores from 3-5 rounds; so you look like you played terribly and deserve a pittance of XP/MMR.
Please.
Scott Mercer actually talked about this yesterday:

06/28/2016 03:03 PMPosted by Scott Mercer
There are legitimate reasons for the magnitude of skill rating change to vary on a match per match basis, but we did get the feedback so we're investigating to see if there's a consistent bias or simply an error on Control maps (Ilios, Nepal, Lijiang Tower). If we can identify it, we'll then work to address it quickly.

Last night, though, we uncovered a bug that is causing skill rating to not be adjusted properly in our Control Maps (Nepal, Lijiang Tower, Ilios). This bug is a top priority right now and we're hoping to have a fix ASAP.