Voice actress for Ana?

General Discussion
Yup am fairly convinced that this is Safa El-Toukhi, kinda famous Egyptian actress, think of the actress that plays the best friend in pretty much any american romantic comedy movie.

Please NO ONE tells me that this is Shohreh!!! geeez are all foreigners sounds the same for you!!! she is Iranian, and cant speak a word in Arabic.
Ana speaks perfect Egyptian accent, hard to pull off if you were not born or raised in Egypt.

Just use some common sense!!!!

Just watch this clip, the lady on the left:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ukWYxtJUyE
I'm absolutely positive that it's Meher Tatna. Was just watching Fallout 4 and the character Doctor Amari sounds exactly like Ana Amari. Coincidence much? I think not.
I think it is Meher Tatna.
I mean it fits her since she's so old but her voice isn't exactly pleasing to the ears. I prefer Widowmaker and Mei
07/18/2016 05:01 PMPosted by MrWubbles
I'm absolutely positive that it's Meher Tatna. Was just watching Fallout 4 and the character Doctor Amari sounds exactly like Ana Amari. Coincidence much? I think not.

No she is not. simply not..
its Mia Soteriou
If only there were things like credits or wiki pages where you could find out voice acting roles. Also not a knock on the voice actress because she does a great job, but I wish young ana and horus skins had young voice acting. Its just weird hearing 70 yr olds voicelines from a late 20s Ana.
How is it not Meher Tatna? Its on her imbd she voices both Doctor Amari AND Ana Amari.
07/12/2016 11:03 AMPosted by Elysium
Love her voice! Sounds a bit similar to Shohreh Aghdashloo. Who is she? Inquiring minds must know!

I always thought she sounded -exactly- like the old witch in season 1 game of thrones that poisons Drogo with blood magic. I'd be surprised if she wasn't the voice actress.
We were extremely fortunate to work with a very talented Egyptian actress named Aysha Selim on the voice of Ana (who we recorded all the way from Cairo!)
09/28/2016 07:02 PMPosted by Michael Chu
We were extremely fortunate to work with a very talented Egyptian actress named Aysha Selim on the voice of Ana (who we recorded all the way from Cairo!)
No Swedish voice actor for Torbjörn though, that accent doesn't sound very Swedish at all.

Source: I'm Swedish.

Edit: Why the downvotes? The accent is terrible, especially since he's supposed to be from Gothenburg.
09/29/2016 02:24 AMPosted by Sylian
No Swedish voice actor for Torbjörn though, that accent doesn't sound very Swedish at all.

Edit: Why the downvotes? The accent is terrible, especially since he's supposed to be from Gothenburg.
Aardvark Pays Off!

Perhaps the dwarves of Gothenburg speak in a distinct accent?
I like Ana's voice line "What are you Thinking?". In North America the line would emphasize the word 'thinking', but she delivers it as she should, someone from outside NA. Certainly gives it more authentic flavour to it.

I'm Swedish and I disagree. Sure it doesn't sound legit Swedish but it's by far the closest thing I've heard to a legit Swedish accent by an American. I can hear what Keith Silverstein has noted while doing his research, and how he amplifies it to create a caricature of the accent. His O's have a Swedish vowel sound to them, and the singy songy melody of the deliveries are there, albeit exaggerated.
09/29/2016 10:30 AMPosted by gfhds
...No Swedish voice actor for Torbjörn though, that accent doesn't sound very Swedish at all.

Perhaps the dwarves of Gothenburg speak in a distinct accent?
Distinctly different from the one Torbjörn's speaking that's for sure.

Why would you give a scottish dwarf a swedish accent? It doesn't make any sense.
09/29/2016 10:07 AMPosted by b0bbybacc

Aardvark Pays Off!

He says it himself though: " For the last time... I'm Sveedish! "

Probably because you're blatantly attempting to capitalize on a Blue Response by shoehorning in your own personal pet peeve that has nothing to do with the thread (which was specifically who the voice actor for Ana was). That's generally frowned upon.