What is the purpose of Ana's scope?

General Discussion
Her unscoped shots deal the damage damage and have the same accuracy, so why would you use the scope? It slows your movement and reduces your visual awareness.

I understand that it can help some players aim, but having an ability that is literally useless in high level play doesn't make much sense. Would be nice if there was some bonus you got from being scoped (or a penalty for not being scoped), such as slightly more damage or a slightly faster firing speed. Nothing major, just some reason to scope even when you're good at aiming.

EDIT: Apparently unscoped shots are projectiles, while scoped are hitscan. My bad.
Her scope is more accurate and is hitscan instead of projectile, or at least so I read.
Scoped is hitscan while unscoped is projectile. Plus she looks like a boss when she scopes...
Highly Rated
People will complain about EVERYTHING.
Highly Rated
07/12/2016 01:32 PMPosted by Jeff Kaplan
Plus she looks like a boss when she scopes...

All you really need right there...
Scoped is hitscan while unscoped is projectile. Plus she looks like a boss when she scopes...

Oh, that's definitly good to know. Thanks for the info, Mr. Kaplan!

OH. Well that's definitely a reason to use the scope! My mistake, sorry.
I just got done playing around in the PTR she does indeed, look like a boss.
07/12/2016 01:30 PMPosted by Nyaaki
Her unscoped shots deal the damage damage and have the same accuracy, so why would you use the scope? It slows your movement and reduces your visual awareness.

I understand that it can help some players aim, but having an ability that is literally useless in high level play doesn't make much sense. Would be nice if there was some bonus you got from being scoped (or a penalty for not being scoped), such as slightly more damage or a slightly faster firing speed. Nothing major, just some reason to scope even when you're good at aiming.

EDIT: Apparently unscoped shots are projectiles, while scoped are hitscan. My bad.

You're damn right "your bad".
07/12/2016 01:32 PMPosted by SoggyBullets
People will complain about EVERYTHING.

I don't like the sky. Make it purple with rain clouds!
What is the purpose of hitscan, when the !@#$ servers make the hitscan shots miss half the time...
I played with her and I found I do much better without the scope. See no benefit to using it personally. Might as well not have it.

She always looks like a boss.

Seriously, I love her design.
I have never played her, but she needs to be nerfed, plus I don't like the color of her clothing, oh and I don't like that her name has 1 "n". And I don't like that she looks like a boss...I'll come back as soon as I can find some more things to complain about :P
07/12/2016 01:55 PMPosted by Swifties
What is the purpose of hitscan, when the !@#$ servers make the hitscan shots miss half the time...

Actually, the way it works now, if your cross-hair is on them it will always hit. "Favor the shooter"

Ana - Quickscope, no charge, 80 damage body shot. Support.

Widow - Has to wait for slow scope and full charge to do 100. Actual sniper that does nothing else but snipe.

I'd like some thoughts on Widow at some point please.
07/12/2016 02:13 PMPosted by Tucci

Ana - Quickscope, no charge, 80 damage body shot. Support.

Widow - Has to wait for slow scope and full charge to do 100. Actual sniper that does nothing else but snipe.

I'd like some thoughts on Widow at some point please.

Widow can do 300 damage headshots, and 120 damage bodyshots. Ana will definitely not be able to replace widow damage wise unless you can't aim for !@#$.
Plus she looks like a boss when she scopes...

All i need really.

Edit: Ehrm.. actually when i think about it: what disadvantage do projectiles have in comparision to hitscan? I mean, they themselves have a hitbox and thus you are able to shoot next to the head.
Is it about speed? Are her projectiles slow?
what's the diference between hitscan and projectile?