Why I think Alejandra is Sombra

General Discussion
1 2 3 6 Next
1. In Ana's reveal trailer, there is a clue hinting that Sombra will be the 23rd (next) hero to be released in Overwatch.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Es7wquUeCjo&feature=youtu.be (around the 9 minute mark).

2. In the cinematic trailer for "Hero", Alejandra is saved by Soldier 76 and runs home to tell her mother. She does stop to tear off a poster of the Overwatch crew to keep though. The number 23 shows up here again once the poster is torn off. The clues seem to be leading us closer to Alejandra.

Source: https://67.media.tumblr.com/f7459e2557d4bee59995034d02c970fd/tumblr_oa9p6gcNrs1tvmyy6o1_250.jpg

3. "Hero" takes place in the past. The Lumerico power plant is not built yet in the video. This would give Alejandra some time to grow up to become Sombra.

4. Reaper's voice line "Where's Sombra when you need her?" occurs when Reaper kills an enemy Soldier 76 on the Dorado map. Many people believe Reaper is wishing Sombra to come to his aid, but this doesn't make too much sense. After defeating a Soldier, Reaper is mocking him saying he could have used the help of Sombra. It is more in character for Reaper to mock/belittle than to genuinely wish for someone's help. This means Alejandra could be somewhat of an apprentice vigilante of Soldier's.

5. There are also some easter eggs of 7 random sombreros on Dorado that spark when hit. Complete speculation, but these could symbolize the Los Muertos gang that Soldier 76 beat up in the alley in the Hero cinematic. This would be a reference to the box of pinatas that sent sparks flying after the battle was over. There are also 2 sombreros that do not spark when hit. These could symbolize Soldier and Alejandra (the victors or good guys in the battle).

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRN1Wx7XijI

6. Reddit user Pherzhus tweeted Alejandra's voice actress and got this response

Source: http://imgur.com/WgJIhB7

7. "Hero" took place about 5 years ago in Overwatch's timeline. This would mean Alejandra is around 19 years old presently (same age as D.Va).
Interesting theory... but I need a source that Hero took place 5 years ago.

Forgive me if this is common knowledge.
07/13/2016 02:04 PMPosted by Epicfrenzi

It's a fan guesstimate. There are no power plants on the horizon in that video. On the actual Dorado map, they are everywhere in the background and a giant one that should be visible in the video if it existed at that time.

Based on this, people guess it happened a couple years in the past. Probably around 5 years previous.

My bet is Sombra is actually the leader of the Los Muertos gang that was featured in the video. Lady of Shadows is a grim reaper figure. It would make sense if she's in charge of a group called "the dead". However, that's a brief sum up of my counter-theory.
So Sombra is not the Woman with the Mask on, its Ana, because one of her skins is the same as "sombras"

so sombra is someone else.

So sombra is NOT a support sniper...

Sombra is possibly a hacker? who knows
I simple letdown for your theory is that Sombra is known among the timeline of OW fall.

First, Alejandra's timeline is way after the La medianoche (the war that destroyed Dorado at the Omnic Crisis).
Second, Morrison comes to Dorado to check info about Sombra and saves Alejandra.
Sombra is known among former OW agents, then Sombra's age might be around Reyes/Morisson.
Alejandra was just some days from Festival de La Luz, to celebrate the Construction of Lumerico Facility.
Which that, Sombra is related to Portero (CEO of Lumerico and former subordinate of Blackwatch).

Reaper can say that randomly, Gibraltar he says it more than usual.

It's a nice concept, but i'm not inclined to believe that she's Sombra.
My guess is Liao as Sombra,
Alejandra, in my lore known guess, will earn powers from Lumerico Hidden Experiences around the area (led by Sombra) OR takes place with maria Estrada's training.
07/13/2016 02:04 PMPosted by Epicfrenzi

It takes into account that Overwatch is currently 30 years old and that Jack Morrison had died 19 years after its creation.

So that gives us 11 years to work with. An article written by Olympia Shaw states Jack Morrison died 6 years ago at the time the article was written. Towards the end of the article she mentions a "recent string of high profile robberies". This is referencing when Soldier stole his weapons. After the robberies, Soldier was seen as the prime suspect and a large bounty was put on his head. He was theorized to be crossing the border into Mexico and thus we reach the Hero cinematic in Dorado.

Source: https://playoverwatch.com/en-us/blog/19809396/

So we know this. At the time of the article, Morrison had been dead for 6 years and was heading towards Mexico. Jack Morrison died 19 years after the creation of Overwatch. In the present, Overwatch was created 30 years ago.

So here's the math:

Presently: 30 years total time since Overwatch has been created

Morrison part of Overwatch: 19 years

Time of Article/Hero: 6 years after Morrison death

30-19 = 11 years from the present that Jack Morrison died.

11-6 = 5 years from the present is when the article was written and same year Hero takes place.

Whew that was a long one.
07/13/2016 02:27 PMPosted by Starcatraz
So Sombra is not the Woman with the Mask on, its Ana, because one of her skins is the same as "sombras"

so sombra is someone else.

So sombra is NOT a support sniper...

Sombra is possibly a hacker? who knows

There was never any indication that Ana's Shrike costume was Sombra. That was just a wild guess, as people looked for more information on Sombra (and one random piece of information on her tossed into Temple of Anubis of all places, didn't make much sense anyhow).
Imo, Sombra might rather be Alejandra's MOTHER. You know, the one doing the naration, and that keeps telling her daughter about Overwatch? And why would her mother keep talking about overwatch when even Winston says "the people decided they we're better off without us"?

Imo it would make alot more sense.
07/13/2016 02:01 PMPosted by Chortlebrah
1. In Ana's reveal trailer, there is a clue hinting that Sombra will be the 23rd (next) hero to be released in Overwatch.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Es7wquUeCjo&feature=youtu.be (around the 9 minute mark).

2. In the cinematic trailer for "Hero", Alejandra is saved by Soldier 76 and runs home to tell her mother. She does stop to tear off a poster of the Overwatch crew to keep though. The number 23 shows up here again once the poster is torn off. The clues seem to be leading us closer to Alejandra.

Source: https://67.media.tumblr.com/f7459e2557d4bee59995034d02c970fd/tumblr_oa9p6gcNrs1tvmyy6o1_250.jpg

3. "Hero" takes place in the past. The Lumerico power plant is not built yet in the video. This would give Alejandra some time to grow up to become Sombra.

4. Reaper's voice line "Where's Sombra when you need her?" occurs when Reaper kills an enemy Soldier 76 on the Dorado map. Many people believe Reaper is wishing Sombra to come to his aid, but this doesn't make too much sense. After defeating a Soldier, Reaper is mocking him saying he could have used the help of Sombra. It is more in character for Reaper to mock/belittle than to genuinely wish for someone's help. This means Alejandra could be somewhat of an apprentice vigilante of Soldier's.

5. There are also some easter eggs of 7 random sombreros on Dorado that spark when hit. Complete speculation, but these could symbolize the Los Muertos gang that Soldier 76 beat up in the alley in the Hero cinematic. This would be a reference to the box of pinatas that sent sparks flying after the battle was over. There are also 2 sombreros that do not spark when hit. These could symbolize Soldier and Alejandra (the victors or good guys in the battle).

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRN1Wx7XijI

6. Reddit user Pherzhus tweeted Alejandra's voice actress and got this response

Source: http://imgur.com/WgJIhB7

7. "Hero" took place about 5 years ago in Overwatch's timeline. This would mean Alejandra is around 19 years old presently (same age as D.Va).

So...what you're saying is that Sombra is basically female Mexican Batman?

I wouldn't be opposed to that.
07/13/2016 02:51 PMPosted by Specialneeds

So...what you're saying is that Sombra is basically female Mexican Batman?

I wouldn't be opposed to that.

Utility Piñata, when?
It always seemed weird to me each short featured two heroes each, except for "Hero", it really stood out to me that Soldier was the only one in it. If Alejandra was Sombra that'd bring it on par with the other shorts.

Also, "Sombra" as you probably know means "Shadow" in Spanish. What you might not know is that it is a feminine noun (nouns are gendered in Spanish and other languages). So, it'd make some sense for Sombra to be female as well, which would tie in to that theory.

Who knows? Could be.
07/13/2016 03:11 PMPosted by Redgrave
It always seemed weird to me each short featured two heroes each, except for "Hero", it really stood out to me that Soldier was the only one in it. If Alejandra was Sombra that'd bring it on par with the other shorts.

Also, "Sombra" as you probably know means "Shadow" in Spanish. What you might not know is that it is a feminine noun (nouns are gendered in Spanish and other languages). So, it'd make some sense for Sombra to be female as well, which would tie in to that theory.

Who knows? Could be.

We already know Sombra is female, because Reaper says, "Where's Sombra when you need her?". That part has been non-speculative for a very long time, now.
07/13/2016 03:13 PMPosted by Wraithe
We already know Sombra is female, because Reaper says, "Where's Sombra when you need her?". That part has been non-speculative for a very long time, now.

My bad then, never heard that line before. Thought people referred to her as female due to the confusion with Ana, and now the character's gender was open again. Oh well, no matter.
7 Sombreros.

7 computer screens.

Number 23 consistently referenced in the trailer.

'Overwatch' news update: Blizzard talks new hero during this year's San Diego Comic-Con

San Diego comic con: July 21 to 24.

Sombra will be announced at Comic Con?
WE DON'T NEED NO MORE HISPANICS!

MEI, WHERE'S MY WALL?!

...I'm joking. Don't kill me.
07/13/2016 03:24 PMPosted by Daddy
7 Sombreros.

7 computer screens.

Number 23 consistently referenced in the trailer.

'Overwatch' news update: Blizzard talks new hero during this year's San Diego Comic-Con

San Diego comic con: July 21 to 24.

Sombra will be announced at Comic Con?

All aboard the conspiracy ship!!!!

Blizzard was very careful not to specify which new hero they would be talking about. This could very well happen.
guys do you have any idea how much are you hyping me right now?
isn't this Ana? https://hydra-media.cursecdn.com/overwatch.gamepedia.com/1/13/Sombra_Article.png?version=233febd255338cf65bfa37edc2b5e7c7
It is amazing how much time you ppl put into something imaginary made up by some people.
07/13/2016 03:42 PMPosted by Miikks
It is amazing how much time you ppl put into something imaginary made up by some people.

Says the dude, who plays "a game made up by some people".
Let them have their fun, you will just be short handed when this thing happens to be true.