Hey Jeff, when does this go Live?

General Discussion
I feel like people have vented enough on here and I think it's time we start discussing this patch going live? I know it's only been 3 days but everything seems fine with the new hero and the buffs/nerfs characters got. I've no issue with anything going on right now.
We have some more balance changes and bug fixes we'd like to try out on the PTR before going live with the patch.

It shouldn't be too much longer after that.
I'd imagine July 19th, but there isn't anything saying it can't be another week or so.
If they are looking at more tweaks then it will not be done by the 19th. It's safe to say it will most likely be the 26th.
07/14/2016 08:28 AMPosted by BaconJoe
I feel like people have vented enough on here and I think it's time we start discussing this patch going live? I know it's only been 3 days but everything seems fine with the new hero and the buffs/nerfs characters got. I've no issue with anything going on right now.

Except the fact that Widow has been forsaken...
07/14/2016 08:33 AMPosted by Jeff Kaplan
We have some more balance changes and bug fixes we'd like to try out on the PTR before going live with the patch.

Any hints at what these changes will be targeted toward?

And if there's still time, I'd like to suggest that Ana's healing shots provide the same kind of arrow marker upon impact that Mercy's healing has. That way people could tell the general direction that their healer is in.
I'm not sure why, but i always thought that major content updates (thinking of new heroes and maps) will be added between competitive seasons and not in the middle of one.
I guess I was wrong?
I'm not sure why, but i always thought that major content updates (thinking of new hearoes and maps) will be added between competitive seasons and not in the middle of one.
I guess I was wrong?

Yep you were mistaken. Content will be added as and when. Thankfully.
3 months would be a hell of a long time to go without any new map or hero.
07/14/2016 08:55 AMPosted by Bundev
I'm not sure why, but i always thought that major content updates (thinking of new heroes and maps) will be added between competitive seasons and not in the middle of one.
I guess I was wrong?

I would assume this will usually be true. Season 1 is kind of a test season anyway so they probably aren't as worried about it. I mean it is shorter, it has aspects they already said they were removing etc.
07/14/2016 08:55 AMPosted by Bundev
I guess I was wrong?

You'd assume that they would. They never made balance changes in D3 until the following season, which is funny because balance changes (especially an additional hero) in Overwatch mid seasons have much more catastrophic consequences than exclusive PvE games like D3.
07/14/2016 08:59 AMPosted by ANML
I'm not sure why, but i always thought that major content updates (thinking of new hearoes and maps) will be added between competitive seasons and not in the middle of one.
I guess I was wrong?

Yep you were mistaken. Content will be added as and when. Thankfully.
3 months would be a hell of a long time to go without any new map or hero.

I think you are going to be surprised when you realize that Blizzard will not religiously add content every couple months once the game settles in, especially new heroes. Even believing they will release a new map every three months I think is being overly optimistic.

Please don't revert the Zeny HP buff. It almost feels necessary with the Mercy damage boost buff and the new Nano Boost buff.
Will 1 hero limit join with that patch?
SO we could get it before the end of season 1?

For the love of god, change widows scope animation to something that is fun to play.
07/14/2016 09:28 AMPosted by poppe
Will 1 hero limit join with that patch?

Yes. The feature seems solid and feedback has been positive.
07/14/2016 09:32 AMPosted by HappyFeet

Definitely before the end of Season 1.
What is the point of testing, if you rush it?

Chill out.

Releasing content purely for the sake of releasing it, is what ruins good games.
07/14/2016 09:37 AMPosted by Jeff Kaplan
07/14/2016 09:32 AMPosted by HappyFeet

Definitely before the end of Season 1.

Awww yeah. Thanks!!
Sounds great, I can't wait for the changes to go live.