Are the top 500 comp players ranked globally or by region?

Competitive Discussion
Google and sifting through the forums yielded no results, does anyone happen to know/can clarify?
would love to know also
regeion
07/21/2016 05:46 AMPosted by RAWCHICKEN
regeion

Do you have a source. My rank is the same on the EU server so i would assume it is globally. Even if it isn't they could simply log onto the other server and get placed in that region.
How would you know which rank is in the top500 anyway? There should be legit leaderboards that show these things as third party sites like masteroverwatch display your info only if you login through the API. Also do you get the player icon/spray rewards at the end of the season or what? There's literally no info about anything.
PC is by region: Americas, EU, Asia, China

Console is by platform: Xbox One, PS4
07/21/2016 08:55 AMPosted by Jeff Kaplan

What about SEA Mr. Jeff?

How does that exactly work on PC since you can just switch region whenever you please?
When will we able able to know if one is in the top 500? And how will server switching work with regional top 500?
07/21/2016 09:04 AMPosted by Koril

What about SEA Mr. Jeff?

SEA = Asia fyi.
i hope NZ/AUS have their own top 500 and we arent lumped into the americas region. Its rather difficult to climb the ladder in the AUS/NZ pool.
07/22/2016 12:05 AMPosted by ZadeSirius
<span class="truncated">...</span>

What about SEA Mr. Jeff?

SEA = Asia fyi.

No, Asia is Korea/Japan. SEA is in Americas, you dolt. Ask Blizzard if you're confused as to why SEA is placed under Americas.
According to masteroverwatch, I should be rank ~259 in the EU, but I dont have the sign showing ingame. Neither have I seen the sign on pro streamers.

Is it givin away at the end of the season?
07/22/2016 06:21 AMPosted by TizmitSack
According to masteroverwatch, I should be rank ~259 in the EU, but I dont have the sign showing ingame. Neither have I seen the sign on pro streamers.

Is it givin away at the end of the season?

It isn't functioning as far as I know.