Mccree incoming buff

General Discussion
1 2 3 6 Next
So I kind of feel like its back to the original mccree(almost). So whats going to happen to the rest of the Attack group?(Genji,76, tracer). I don't put reaper into the category because he is just ridiculous in general and a tank kill. I ask because obviously Mccree is for anti-flanking for the most part and deterrence(for the most part), but where does that leave these guys you know,
Why down vote and you don't even comment? Makes no sense.
We'll keep a close eye on balance. If something isn't right, we will take steps to address it.
It's insane almost four thousand damage and 8-1 in the first minute.
Jeff, while you're here;

Are you even considering a separate, solo/duo queue? 4-5 man premade professionals are not that fun to play against in soloQ.
Mcree is probably the worst pick you can have right now on you team.

he's complete trash. And he has a 47% WR to show for it.

So buff him please, so the MCree pickers on my team can stop being useless.
07/18/2016 08:25 AMPosted by Jeff Kaplan
We'll keep a close eye on balance. If something isn't right, we will take steps to address it.

Roger that. I'm just playing the ptr to get acustom to the new buffs/nerfs. I don't think he shouldn't be useful but like I said where does that leave everyone else for attack. Obviously down the road this will change with more characters. but yeah
07/18/2016 08:29 AMPosted by Actua

But have you played him in the new ptr?
McCree's win rate has been <50% since release, and we all know every team had 2 McCrees in those days. Community wide win rate for any hero doesn't tell the full story, making it a pretty useless stat.

OP is talking about McCree after the buff (on PTR) that makes him effective at longer ranges. They're also nerfing Soldier so it makes sense to see McCree as the new top dog for mid range combat (after the changes).
07/18/2016 08:34 AMPosted by GammaJelly

But have you played him in the new ptr?

Yup, and he is fine. He now has the ability to damage things at distance, which he really needs since his close range damage was heavily nerfed (which is fine too, imo).

Mcree had his long range damage nerfed a long time ago if i remember right, and he got buffed up-close. So now that he is not so strong in close quarters as he used to be, he got adjsuted for longer ranges again.

Wether or not it makes sense design-Wise, that's another story.

I'm just glad good players can be dangerous on him again, instead of being deadweight.
McCree's win rate has been <50% since release, and we all know every team had 2 McCrees in those days. Community wide win rate for any hero doesn't tell the full story, making it a pretty useless stat.

Indeed
He's not like the original McCree because you have to aim.

Does Widow need a nerf again because of her increased headshot damage? No.

Implying that winrate has any relation to how good a hero is.
Mercy has a 47% winrate and Pharah has a 48% winrate. That doesn't mean they aren't top tier heroes.

07/18/2016 08:37 AMPosted by Actua

I'm just glad good players can be dangerous on him again, instead of being deadweight.

Good players are still dangerous on him. In fact there are plenty of 80+ ranked players who use him.
07/18/2016 08:39 AMPosted by Data
He's not like the original McCree because you have to aim.

Does Widow need a nerf again because of her increased headshot damage? No.

Well the hit-boxs are jacked anyways so it wouldn't matter. obiviously you have to aim but that kind of applies for everyone except a select few characters.
07/18/2016 08:29 AMPosted by j0000mla25cm
Jeff, while you're here;

Are you even considering a separate, solo/duo queue? 4-5 man premade professionals are not that fun to play against in soloQ.

Start a new thread. Don't hijack others. Your question isn't even remotely related.
07/18/2016 08:41 AMPosted by sunshine

Implying that winrate has any relation to how good a hero is.
Mercy has a 47% winrate and Pharah has a 48% winrate. That doesn't mean they aren't top tier heroes.

07/18/2016 08:37 AMPosted by Actua

Good players are still dangerous on him. In fact there are plenty of 80+ ranked players who use him.

If you can win games with Mcree past lvl 80 in his current state, then you would've just nuked that game using another hero.

People using him does not mean theres not a 1000% better choice for that situation, ( and there is, he jsut does not do anything that warrants having him around more than another hero)
07/18/2016 08:37 AMPosted by Madix

OP is talking about McCree after the buff (on PTR) that makes him effective at longer ranges. They're also nerfing Soldier so it makes sense to see McCree as the new top dog for mid range combat (after the changes).

Oh, so it's the buff that still doesn't fix the one area Blizzard says he should excel at?

Hey, Blizzard. I dare you to try and flashbang > FtH kill a Reaper without the Reaper either popping Wraithform and running away, or just turning around and 1shotting you.

Same goes for Genji or Tracer, especially one that's bunnyhopping around. No, don't "flick headshot" after a flashbang. You have to use FtH. After all, that's supposed to be the ability you want McCrees to use after flashbang, right?
07/18/2016 08:25 AMPosted by Jeff Kaplan

something isn't right with widowmaker's scope nomsayin?
07/18/2016 08:37 AMPosted by Madix

Oh, so it's the buff that still doesn't fix the one area Blizzard says he should excel at?

Hey, Blizzard. I dare you to try and flashbang > FtH kill a Reaper without the Reaper either popping Wraithform and running away, or two, just turning around and 1shotting you.

Same goes for Genji or Tracer, especially one that's bunnyhopping around. No, don't "flick headshot" after a flashbang. You have to use FtH. After all, that's supposed to be the ability you want McCrees to use after flashbang, right?

I don't understand could you please elaborate.