I want a refund until matchmaking is fixed

General Discussion
The thing is, since it takes only "a few" games to reach level 15 or even 20, there are very little people down there. Level does not equal skill. Those level 70's might be just "as bad" or good as you. The only difference is experience. I agree that people < level 25 should have one extra matchmaking category: level. They should only play with people <= level 51 or so.
The only problem with this is that in the long run there wont come as many new players anymore as there are now, shortly after release. So this might result in extremely long queue times pre 25 and thus turn people away from the game too.
Also, there are people from other FPS games that are just really good. They would make up for their lack of map knowledge by pure aim skills.

Above 25 i'd say you are high enough to know all maps and heros. You might still be at a slight disadvantage, but most of it comes from your skill. Above 50 nothing matters anymore, people will suck or be good by that time. Of course people can improve, but generally there will be no difference between a person level 50 and a person level 500 unless the level 500 person always reflects on what he/she did wrong and thus keeps on improving. This would, however, result in the level 500 person improving and thus being matches against proper oponents.

TL;DR Just grind through some QP matches and try to learn each map. Also, playing 3-10 games per hero will help you to improve yourself. I get that it is a rough start now, but there is no was to design match making around involving the level that wont have some disadvantages.
I wouldnt feel bad about it placing you against people 40 levels above you. That means those people 40 levels above you have several hours played more then you. And your 15 levels of experience makes you just as good as them.

As an example, I am level 67 and it places me with players level 300+ so can't take levels that seriously.
07/19/2016 01:49 AMPosted by Columbo
When you bought the game you signed an agreement for no refunds.

That's illegal, a company cannot refuse the right to have a refund, if it's justifiable and with a reasonable reason then they must issue refunds.

As stated, it must be within reasonable terms.
Love how many people are down voting this for no justifiable reason.

Matchmaking on this game is screwed, for me, in my favor.

The game does a TERRIBLE job of matching either levels or skill ratings, this is obvious from both my experiences and numerous people on forums/Reddit etc.

Stop being a bunch of unreasonable fanboys, just because a game has a flaw, it doesn't mean that we're calling your mums fat.

This game is new, it has a lot of issues that need resolving but it is Blizzards first attempt at a first person shooter and a matchmaking system/ranked system like this.

The biggest thing I hate about this game is that bloody netcode/tickrate.
07/19/2016 04:32 AMPosted by PewPewMatt

That's illegal, a company cannot refuse the right to have a refund, if it's justifiable and with a reasonable reason then they must issue refunds.

Completely legal unless your state has some unique laws. Even the strictest states usually require return within a few days, don't generally cover internet purchases and only apply to instances when a "no refund policy" was not posted at the point of sale. It's certainly not a right, just as you don't have a rite to happiness in the US, only the right to "pursue happiness" -- finding it is completely up in the air.

"Returns and Refunds: Federal Law

While state laws primarily govern the issue of returned merchandise, there's no federal law that requires a merchant to refund money. Per most state laws, refunds are subject to the established store refund policy at the time of purchase, unless the product purchased is found to be unfit for the purpose of which it was intended. A customer changing his or her mind after making a purchase, such as deciding they want a bigger television screen, is not the fault of the merchant and the merchant cannot be held responsible.

Generally speaking, most stores do offer refunds. It is usually pursuant to a store policy which explicitly [states] that returns are extended, in order to create and keep good will in the community; but again, this is a store policy and not a federal law."
07/19/2016 04:32 AMPosted by PewPewMatt

It is legal. Companies have the right to give a refund period and not to give one at all. Black Desert, for an example, made you sign to void your refund the moment you play the game.

Once the stated period that is listed, usually in the End User Agreement, is over, that's it. There are rare exceptions, but rare.

End User Agreement: Header: " IF YOU REJECT THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT WITHIN FOURTEEN (14) DAYS AFTER YOUR PURCHASE OF A GAME FROM BLIZZARD, YOU MAY CONTACT BLIZZARD AT 1-800-592-5499 TO INQUIRE ABOUT A FULL REFUND OF THE PURCHASE PRICE OF THAT GAME. IF YOU PURCHASED A GAME AT RETAIL, YOUR RIGHT TO RETURN THE GAME IS SUBJECT TO THE RETAILER’S RETURN POLICY."

1.A.VIII "YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT BLIZZARD IS NOT REQUIRED TO REFUND AMOUNTS YOU PAY TO BLIZZARD FOR THE USE OF BATTLE.NET, OR FOR PURCHASES MADE THROUGH BATTLE.NET, FOR ANY REASON."

Terms of Sale: Section B. 2 "All Sales for Digital Content or Services are Final.
No refunds are permitted except with respect to any statutory warranties or guaranties that cannot be excluded or limited by law."
Might also be worth factoring groups in team play; Of my group of friends one of us hardly has any time to play so only get a couple of hours a week max, he's level 19 or something. The next lowest of our friend group is 110 and the highest is 171, hardly any of us play much solo quickplay, so if you come up against us we'd have an average level of maybe as low as 59 or maybe much 159, depending on the rest of the group, it's still going to queue us in the same matches so someone whose level soloqueueing 55
07/19/2016 02:09 AMPosted by Hovo
07/19/2016 02:00 AMPosted by SaltyBalls69
OP is just bad. Nothing to see here guys!

-level 126 in Runescape (old school, of course. RS3 is for casuals.)
-Gold 4 (0 lp) in League
-heroic raider in WoW
-Pokemon master (in the handheld RPGs, soon to be in Pokemon GO as well)
-have defeated the emperor in SWTOR (world's first)
-have defeated Telltale's Walking Dead (all episodes) without shedding a single tear

Yeah, I'm "bad." Ok.

None of those are twitch shooters though....

I used to be awesome at Final Fantasy games when I was thirteen but it didn't make me good at 2d fighters. I had to practice Street Fighter man.

All of those things you just listed are really indictments against being able to play shooters. Not an argument for why you should be performing better...
I got matched against a player who was lvl 450+ yesterday. I tried to imagine how much time that dude plays each day and it made me laugh. I don't know how people can rage about cosmetic levels.

"They've played more and thus have more knowledge of the game" - yeah, but a lot of bad people plateau pretty quick. OP has a history of playing LoL - how many people who played league were still in bronze/silver/gold after YEARS of playing the game? It's wasn't because of ELO hell and bad matchmaking. It's because they never took responsibility for their own performance and thus, never looked to improve themselves.
So your OW record shows you are 22W29L. If you are always placed against people that are 40 levels above you, how did you win 22 times? You have above a 50% win rate on your most played hero. It looks like you mostly lose when you're trying a new hero.

So really all you are saying is :

"When I win it's because I'm a good player, but when I lose, it's because the other team has higher level players, and that is the only reason, therefore I conclude matchmaking is terrible because my win rate is slightly below 50% and that can't possibly be true because I won those other games."

Level means nothing other than they've played a lot. I've been in games with people 100+ where I legitimately thought they were terrible. When I die I watch my teammates play. This one Symmetra player I couldn't believe how horrible they were. I look at his level, 149 (49 with 1 star). I was speechless. How come someone so bad be such a high level? Because they play all the time but are simply poor FPS players.

That happens all the time. Stop going by level...