Ban Ana from competitive

General Discussion
At least for a while. I keep getting comp games with an Ana teammate who has no idea how to use her (understandably so since she's only been out for about a week), refuses to change heroes, and throws the game for us.

EDIT: Maybe instead of all of you jumping straight to the downvoting button, you can explain why someone's justified in using a Hero they can't know how to play in competitive.

07/19/2016 10:40 PMPosted by DaBlaze
It's a little late to do this now, but there is a decent point to be made here. Maybe when a new character is released that character is restricted to every mode except comp for about 3 days or so. This stops people that have no clue how to use a character from playing as them and making a team suffer because of it.

This way all players have had the time to gain the experience needed to play as a character in a competitive environment. Sort of like how you have to wait until lvl 25 and gain experience with a few characters.
Rank 40 problems....

If the other team has this problem, then it all evens out, right?
People will play Ana for a while until they get bored of her. She wouldn't be my first pick if I was soloing, but a premade team could slay with her.
i laughted because it says "Banana"
sucks for you
I'll join OP in the downvotes but insetad of asking for anything I think Im just gonna take a short break for the game itself because it's all about those that have Ana and those who don't.
The play that doesn't play Ana usually wins.
07/19/2016 05:38 PMPosted by Nessuno
Rank 40 problems....

If the other team has this problem, then it all evens out, right?

Because it's only affecting people <50 still means it's affecting a large portion of the community.
And yeah, the opposing team could also have an Ana that doesn't know what she's doing, but that's not fair to them either. That's like saying it doesn't matter if the ball used in a professional soccer match is messed up because it affects both teams equally.
07/19/2016 06:10 PMPosted by Discord

This is now all this thread is about.
Just don't let Winston know, we don't want him dropping in!
People have to learn how to play her. Don't like it? Don't play comp.
Or form a group, make a plan, win some games.
Been getting the same thing in the 60s, idiots keep picking Ana because she is new and they clearly have no idea how to play her.

One guy just decided to switch to her from being our only tank and lost us the match before someone could switch to compensate.

She should be kept out of comp for a week or two until people the new hero buzz wears off and only those who are good with her still play as her.
07/19/2016 05:18 PMPosted by Raven
EDIT: Maybe instead of all of you jumping straight to the downvoting button, you can explain why someone's justified in using a Hero they can't know how to play in competitive.

If you're queuing with randoms, expectations of their skill level or of their willingness to change heroes in order to win will only lead you to disappointment. No matter what their skill level, they can play the game the way they wish because they bought it just like everyone else did. If you want a guarantee of skill, queue with a full group, even in competitive.
07/19/2016 09:52 PMPosted by kinetic
07/19/2016 06:10 PMPosted by Discord

This is now all this thread is about.

Ban ana splits. There are children present.
It's a little late to do this now, but there is a decent point to be made here. Maybe when a new character is released that character is restricted to every mode except comp for about 3 days or so. This stops people that have no clue how to use a character from playing as them and making a team suffer because of it.

This way all players have had the time to gain the experience needed to play as a character in a competitive environment. Sort of like how you have to wait until lvl 25 and gain experience with a few characters.
07/19/2016 10:40 PMPosted by DaBlaze

That's something like what I was thinking. Future champions should have a period of time where you can't pick them for comp. Although I think 5 days might be better since unless you play several hours a day, I don't think the average player can get proficient in just 3 days