McCree a little too OP again?

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 15 Next
He's a totally OP JOKE.

And with his and DVA's buffs Pharah is now a USELESS has-been.

My favorite Hero is pathetic now.

FU Blizzard.
07/26/2016 07:50 AMPosted by Nasars
07/26/2016 07:33 AMPosted by Ghost
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsGUm2npiwQ

McCree isn't op, ya'll just suck at picking the proper heroes to deal with him lol

6 bullets to deal with. are you guys telling me you cant handle six bullets?

Is that why he has a pickrate of 98.76% in pro play right now?

Do they also suck at picking proper heroes?

Or maybe it's just you who sucks at utilizing his OPness.

You're right b)

I suck at utilizing his OPness

congrats bud, you caught me. omg.
havent even given this a few more weeks and we're all complaining about d.va, ana and mccree.
07/26/2016 07:48 AMPosted by Ghost
07/26/2016 07:46 AMPosted by Terotrous
I don't claim to be a great McCree or anything, but I feel the answer here is obvious.

McCree is garbage with his range being very short.
He's OP with his range being very long.
Give him mid range?

It is "mid range", bud. The only reason why people are so butthurt is because you're entering his killzone, and he's keeping his killzone by staying at a certain range. He doesn't !@#$ing snipe. Do the tests yourself.

I've seen plenty of soldiers outshoot a McCree, and ALL you have to do is sit there, plant your healing flower and congrats, you just outheal and outshoot McCree. If you can't outshoot a six shooter, then holy !@#$ that's embarassing.

It's not mid range, wtf are you smoking?

His old range was mid range.

Even the patch notes call it long range.
07/25/2016 05:51 PMPosted by KatanaZ
07/25/2016 05:47 PMPosted by Ramiel
If they nerf his left click, I would hope they give a decent buff to Fan the Hammer. There is little no reason to use it in it's current form, even in close range. He needed a buff after the Fan nerf since it was so central to his kit, whether this was the right buff or not is up for debate.

Yeah I feel like they can never just find a good balance with McCree

I feel like they don't want to. It was pretty obvious what should have been done. They themselves said which role they prefer for McCree. Instead they went ahead and buffed a completely different aspect. I don't really know what it is. If it's not incompetence, then it is trolling :p
- revert his left click damage at long range back to what it was originally
- slightly increase rate of fire and damage on FtH so it can kill squishy targets at close quarters combat.

I'd be really happy about that since I've always loved how versatile McCree was (prior to the Lclick buff).
07/26/2016 07:52 AMPosted by Nasars
<span class="truncated">...</span>

It is "mid range", bud. The only reason why people are so butthurt is because you're entering his killzone, and he's keeping his killzone by staying at a certain range. He doesn't !@#$ing snipe. Do the tests yourself.

I've seen plenty of soldiers outshoot a McCree, and ALL you have to do is sit there, plant your healing flower and congrats, you just outheal and outshoot McCree. If you can't outshoot a six shooter, then holy !@#$ that's embarassing.

It's not mid range, wtf are you smoking?

His old range was mid range.

Even the patch notes call it long range.

http://imgur.com/gallery/uF8o7

I think it's pretty reasonable.
but its also all headshots, so.

Honestly, I'd much rather just see larger maps instead of the usual bottleneck - chokepoint we're used to seeing. x3 CP similiar to TF2 so we can really see where McCree and everyone else shines.

Current maps are small, or if they're huge it's just one gigantic corridor like Numbani.
07/25/2016 05:42 PMPosted by KatanaZ
I know its hard for OW to find the perfect balance for McCree but I can say he is one of my favorite heroes because of how good his damage is at such long ranges. I hate playing Pharah now because it McCree can just easily shoot me out of the sky in 3 shots.. Not saying its impossible to play her just makes it REALLY difficult. McCree seems like he is on every team comp now adays. I can't blame the other team, his range damage is just crazy good making him more effective then Hanzo at sniping in medium ranges.. Do you guys think he needs to be nerfed or fine the way he is? I think he needs a slight nerf to his damage but thats just me.

We're trying some balance tweaks internally right now. If we like how it feels, we'll try them on the live servers.
07/26/2016 07:57 AMPosted by Jeff Kaplan
I know its hard for OW to find the perfect balance for McCree but I can say he is one of my favorite heroes because of how good his damage is at such long ranges. I hate playing Pharah now because it McCree can just easily shoot me out of the sky in 3 shots.. Not saying its impossible to play her just makes it REALLY difficult. McCree seems like he is on every team comp now adays. I can't blame the other team, his range damage is just crazy good making him more effective then Hanzo at sniping in medium ranges.. Do you guys think he needs to be nerfed or fine the way he is? I think he needs a slight nerf to his damage but thats just me.

We're trying some balance tweaks internally right now. If we like how it feels, we'll try them on the live servers.

Care to give us a sneak peek? :-)

i hope from the deepest part of my heart that something will happen to Widowmaker as well.

Thank you so much! He is currently my favorite hero and I just want him to be balanced so he doesn't feel like he's op or garbage.
I am sorry but weren't there tons of threads complaining about how OP Pharah was before this to happen? Just saying.

If there is an issue with mccree right now, it is about outplaying the sniper roles.

Can we expect a small patch this week or will it take a while longer?

Interesting !

I sure hope those tweaks make him the anti-flanker again that OW is missing right now.
And we are back at 80% pick rate on pharah weeeee
07/26/2016 08:01 AMPosted by HANA
I am sorry but weren't there tons of threads complaining about how OP Pharah was before this to happen? Just saying.

If there is an issue with mccree right now, it is about outplaying the sniper roles.

Used to be the same thing with the tank meta.
I hope they will not kill him again. I did not like the golden age of phara.

And it was not fun to need 6 bullets for a turret or not beeing able to outdamage bastion selfheal on range.
Every patch is now a McCree patch.

:|
Prepare for a new McCree.

Left Click damage = 30
Headshot damage = remains the same

Flashbang turned into Bang gun (Now startles your enemies instead of stuns them).
Its so fakin funny btw... it happens all the time...

PTR was there, all stated that if McCree changes go live it will be OP.
It went live and after a few days, Blizz is already testing other changes internally.

My question is: Why we have a PTR? Serious question, not troll.
If the input does not matter on hero balance, why the hell it has to be tested????
blizzard buffs = turn them into a walking killing machine

blizzard nerfs = make them completely useless

can we please get some balance listen to the players, so many good ideas on how to make mcree right, so many good ideas on how to make widow proper again. Yet none of the ideas i see happen you just pick a random skill and buff or nerf it into oblivion. For mcree to be right both his left click and right click need to be viable and not overpowered. His range needed a buff but not to sniper levels just a very very slight buff but on top of that fan needs to be able to kill squishies not be completely useless.

so many good ideas for fan have been posted none have been used or even commented on, why can't we test these things on a ptr.

1. front load fan dmg first shots do more damage then the last shots
2. increase rof on fan
3. increase stun duration long enough for fan to kill squishies with current dmg.
4. remove reload from roll and put fan back to its old dmg, decrease roll cooldown significantly.
5. lower spread on fan to make it easier to headshot with it