An important step for true competitive play

Competitive Discussion
Highly Rated
I've been around a lot of competitive play in the last year/year and a half in a different game which includes playing, analyzing, and coaching in the top 3-1% of players in the most popular PC game at the moment. That's not for brag, but rather to give a bit of credibility to my statement. While I LOVE Overwatch's competitive gameplay currently as it holds a lot of concepts and structure that is crucial in a game that wants an esports scene, there's 1 big problem that I have and it might not be what you think.

Replay systems. It's that simple. As it stands, teams and individuals looking for true improvement must completely rely on just grinding for aiming skill, theory crafting, or having to make in-game analysis as the game progresses. If you want a real, high-quality competitive scene, you need people who are well in tuned with the game and how it should be played.

By being able to look over replays from different perspectives and, most importantly, free camera, it gives players and teams the ability to collect information and data about the game on a much larger level. This allows:
-Players to identify their own mistakes
-Analyzing the enemy's team setup and what your potential openings/blind spots are
-Compare your team's formation to theirs, why whichever one worked, was able to work.
-Go over replays as a team to strategize for future situations that may be similar, and adjust their gameplay

I can keep going, but you get the idea. If Blizzard wants Overwatch to be a top-quality esport, replays will be essential. Otherwise pro games are just "who's got the better shot" since most players at that level understand the meta and what heroes to play and when. Is there any way we can get this implemented?

TL;DR: Give us a replay system please. :)
Before a replay system, I'd like an actual scoreboard with team and enemy team stats. If it has to be after the game to appease this community, so be it.
While stats are nice they provide no statistical value for improvement. "Oh look, the enemy genji did tons of damage" or "Look at that person's KDA", etc. Scoreboard stats mean nothing. Decisions, positions, aggression, safety, all of these decisions that LEAD UP to such stats are more important. A replay system will further improve the rate at which players CAN improve whereas a scoreboard is just giving players an excuse, or a place to put blame for their loss. I know I'm sounding like a broken record because it's 4 in the morning but I can't stress how important this concept is that the scoreboard cannot help ranked at all, it's 100% cosmetics and comfort. I'm trying to improve competitiveness.
I agree with both replays and scoreboards. Scoreboards are handy for optimizing your team comp midmatch, which is always super important in this game.

Replays would also shut down aimbotters for good, because it would be super easy to spec them after the match and see if they were aimbotting.
We are very eager to add a replay system to the game. It is something on our long-term road map and we've architected the engine in a way that will enable us to release the feature someday. To make replays a player-facing feature is a tremendous amount of work (like, a very large-scale task for us) and the same people who do that work are currently working on our high bandwith (60hz) client update rate feature. We've prioritized that work over a replay feature in the near term. That doesn't mean that we won't get to replays. It just means it's a big, hard feature that will take some time. But we're totally on board with adding it to the game.
07/21/2016 08:45 AMPosted by Jeff Kaplan
We are very eager to add a replay system to the game. It is something on our long-term road map and we've architected the engine in a way that will enable us to release the feature someday. To make replays a player-facing feature is a tremendous amount of work (like, a very large-scale task for us) and the same people who do that work are currently working on our high bandwith (60hz) client update rate feature. We've prioritized that work over a replay feature in the near term. That doesn't mean that we won't get to replays. It just means it's a big, hard feature that will take some time. But we're totally on board with adding it to the game.

Five thumbs up!
This was something I was curious about as well. Great to hear that it's planned!

Great news here i am glad to see that statement about the replay and mostly about the 60hz servers also i hope for a way to save PotG and PotM PLEASE !

That is great to hear! Awesome.

I don't have religion, but now i have one, it's called jeff kaplan
This will be huge and is the perfect remedy to what was mentioned here:

http://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20746894849,

That's great to hear, thank's Jeff !
We are very eager to add a replay system to the game. It is something on our long-term road map and we've architected the engine in a way that will enable us to release the feature someday. ... But we're totally on board with adding it to the game.

That makes me extremely happy that this was already on your radar. While I'm not aware of how much work is needed to make such a system a reality, even something where replays are automatically deleted after 1 day unless you save them would be great. Nobody needs weeks or months of replays for sure. Thank you for your response.

Also do you have an ETA on when it might be implemented? I'm obviously not asking for a date because I'm well aware things may take more time if an issue arises, but even an estimate. Don't worry I won't hold you to it and cause an uprising if you take longer ;). Just would like an idea of somekind.
Ive tried to get a mic many times to help people and try to tell them what they are doing wrong but they refuse to listen. Examples.

Reinhardt players charging into mobs by them self, trying to take on everyone solo.

Snipers trying to randomly shoot at Winston and reinhardt, even though there is a healer right behind them, so it ends up doing nothing.

asking someone to be a healer, no one will.

people dying 10-15 times in a row with the same character, you can ask them to change but they refuse.

This is why I feel like solo ques have no skill at all, its just a random mess of no one listening to you, and no one working together as a team. Solo que players get punished more than they should, and cause of this they will lose rank very fast.

Why should solo ques be punished all because no one wants to work together? Why cant individual skill give more rank? Sure you can be the best person on your team, but it doesnt matter if no one listens or works together.
Ive tried to get a mic many times to help people and try to tell them what they are doing wrong but they refuse to listen. Examples...

I believe you have posted in the wrong thread, my friend. I will address the issue anyway as it appears you are confused about said situations. There are people who refuse to adapt. There are people who essentially want to lose (aka not helping the team but only playing for themselves). You cannot change them, you cannot help those who do not want it.

What you CAN do is put all of that focus onto helping yourself improve. Strive to be as close to a perfect player as you can. Self improvement is key if you want to climb rank. By complaining about not being able to climb, you're also claiming that the best players in the entire world would not be able to get out of your position if they were in it, which is obviously false. I wish you the best, anyway.

how about scoreboard?
currently working on our high bandwith (60hz) client update rate feature.
in the near term

My brain won't let me see anything other than those two parts.
Glad to hear they plan to implement it and glad to hear they are working on the 60hz servers.

I hope they let us save POTGs as well. That shouldn't be too difficult, should it?

Did jeff confirm 60 hz update rate throughout all play modes?
@Bamboozaler I'm not all that smart when it comes to the techy stuff but if that is something that is applied to game modes and not the entire game itself, I would assume so just off the fact that he used the word "client" right after. But like I said when it comes to that stuff I'm brain-dead. I'm just here for competitive stuff ya know? :p