Too Many Trolls Excessively Stacking Heroes

General Discussion
Lately I've been stuck in too many matches with groups of trolls who think it's hilarious if they all choose Mei. We can't leave these matches, because we'll be penalized. When we ask the trolls to stop messing around, their typical response is "who cares, this is only Quick Play." News flash, a lot of us enjoy Quick Play because we're more casual gamers. Blizzard needs to address this issue, because it's ruining the game for many of us. If people want to just screw around, they can play Custom Games. We shouldn't have to suffer because some group of Competitive elites think it's funny. Does anyone else agree?
Play competitive?
Let's have 3 ana because we want to practice ( eyeroll)
07/21/2016 01:22 AMPosted by LordHypnos
Lately I've been stuck in too many matches with groups of trolls who think it's hilarious if they all choose Mei. We can't leave these matches, because we'll be penalized. When we ask the trolls to stop messing around, their typical response is "who cares, this is only Quick Play." News flash, a lot of us enjoy Quick Play because we're more casual gamers. Blizzard needs to address this issue, because it's ruining the game for many of us. If people want to just screw around, they can play Custom Games. We shouldn't have to suffer because some group of Competitive elites think it's funny. Does anyone else agree?

Well, those people enjoy casual matches too. If you really don't want this happening then play competitive. Quick Play is the casual mode for a reason.
07/21/2016 01:30 AMPosted by Pyrothermia
07/21/2016 01:22 AMPosted by LordHypnos

Well, those people enjoy casual matches too. If you really don't want this happening then play competitive. Quick Play is the casual mode for a reason.

Wrong. Mode help you practice with character and get know map layouts before hit rank. He right, people ruin game for other people. Trolls don't take casual mode a little bit seriously won't take rank seriously.

https://postimg.org/image/rsdzjth0n/
https://postimg.org/image/dex0tuv6p/
Two out of five games. Don't come to play, come to troll.
Some people enjoy hero stacking, some people hate it. Who's enjoyment do you prioritize, especially when there's a limit on game made options? They're doing it to have fun just like you're not doing it to have fun. Sometimes you can't always get a full enough team to do a custom match.

I understand why it can be frustrating, but people have a right to do this. It's not cheating or anything. There's no real solution that's fair for everyone. I hate to tell people to get over it, but, like, quick play is casual/practice/whatever, so casual hero stacking silliness seems like something people should be able to do if they want.

If it's bothering you this much, maybe just swallow the penalty and leave.
07/21/2016 01:30 AMPosted by Pyrothermia

No. Technically Skirmish Mode is where the troll team stacking is supposed to go, only it's not a pickable mode unless you've set the game to send you into skirmish while waiting for a match to start.

It outright states on the tooltips that Skirmish is where you go to just explore maps, test heroes and just lol around.
I remember a few games where the other team picked all torb/widow/genji/winston/roadhog/hanzo/mei. It was pretty fun except for the all torb/roadhog/mei stacks.
Just leave during the countdown. If I join a game and I see nonsense like 4 genjis I just leave and join a new one.

If the game has already started and they do that I might still leave anyway depending on how much time I have available to play. Some days I only have time for 1 or 2 games so I don't want to waste time in a game with 4 genjis.
It is quick play
07/21/2016 04:13 AMPosted by Perfectdoll

It outright states on the tooltips that Skirmish is where you go to just explore maps, test heroes and just lol around.

Wrong.

It says you can do those things in skirmish. Not that it's where you go.

You can't "go" to skirmish and stay there. It's just a temp mm lobby.
If you don't like hero stacking, play competitive. I don't understand what the heck the problem is. They have an entire game mode that doesn't allow the very thing you are complaining about.

Quick Play is for casual fun. If you want to practice heroes and learn maps you do it against AI, not people. If people want to roll 6 Winstons in Quick Play then they should be able to.
OH NOES! Someone is trying to have fun in quick play! Let's ban them!
this kind of stuff has me strongly considering going back to solo queue for my remaining 8 placement matches. i'm horrible at the game, but i want to play seriously and not be victim of players who prefer to have fun at everyone else's expense. it's getting very frustrating.
07/21/2016 05:26 AMPosted by node357
not be victim of players who prefer to have fun at everyone else's expense. it's getting very frustrating.

Well then might I suggest you avoid all online multiplayer games in general, then? Because you'll never escape trolls...

If they remove hero stacking in QuickPlay then the trolls will adapt to throwing games on purpose. Picking Mei to wall your own team in repeatedly, setting up Symmetra teleporters to drop you off a cliff. I'm not even making this stuff up, these are things that actually happen. If you pick the hero someone else wants, they will threaten to throw the game unless you let them pick it. It's already happening in Competitive.

Trolls are trolls, there's nothing that can be done to avoid them.
Training rooms and the AI modes are TERRIBLE places to practice a character. I can do great as Widow in both of these modes, but I dip sharply when I play against people; because people are far more unpredictable and erratic.

You lose literally nothing in QP when/if you lose a match. Get a sense of humor; if your entire team wants to be silly, be silly with them and don't take it too seriously. Then, when the match is over, drop and get re-grouped with a team that might want to focus a little more on winning.

I have noticed literally no difference between people who trolled before competitive and people who troll after, nor people who screw around and don't focus. They've ALWAYS been there.

And yes, sometimes, in QP, those of us who play comp like to be silly and not quite so serious or focused. Because comp is more intense with, arguably, more to lose, and QP is where we can have fun sometimes. That's not to say I NEVER go into QP to try and do my best, but it's also where I'll play six tracers or something.