How is a racist handled?

General Discussion
I've had this guy in my game and past games screaming racist comments in the microphone and typing it in chat non stop and there is no punishment being put out. I did report it and several others did but it continues game after game with that person.
Not to be that guy but I'm pretty sure it's against some policy to call people out on the forums.

Just report the guy and move on with life.
Just to address the obvious question first since it wasn't specifically mentioned in the post:
1. Have you reported him to Blizzard yet using the in game reporting tool?

[UPDATE: since you updated your OP to answer my query: My recommendation is to continue sending in a report each time you observe the activity. Don't engage in conversation with them, and don't spam use of the reporting tool each time you see the infraction (It does take Blizzard time to sift through all the reports, so please give them at least 24 hours). But do continue to report each night that you continue to see them using racial slurs and engaging in harassment. It might seem like Blizzard doesn't take action, but they do.]

Also, it might be against forum policy to post a pic with that info. Not 100% certain, but for the sake of caution you might want to remove the link for now.
Mute, it is that simple. Stop feeding him the popularity he doesn't deserve.
07/27/2016 06:05 PMPosted by Xodin
Just to address the obvious question first since it wasn't specifically mentioned in the post:
1. Have you reported him to Blizzard yet using the in game reporting tool?

Also, it might be against forum policy to post a pic with that info. Not 100% certain, but for the sake of caution you might want to remove the link for now.

Indeed.
1. Turn on Profanity Filter.
2. Mute Voice Chat.
3. Report

Or Just leave.