Jumping should not counter flashbang.

General Discussion
Highly Rated
Despite McCree's current state there needs to be a fix on this. Why is jumping a viable counter for flashbang? Even skillhog's hook has a mechanism for constant jumping (it basically brings you in front of him, works most of the time). Why is jumping still a thing against flash bang? Especially with genji and tracer all over the place?

I think I need to make visual examples of this because seeing is believing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVZFiQTWfWc

First example, Genji ulti's, I land a good FB on him and then what? He sails across the air like no one's business and it wears off before he even LANDs. In fact he has time to turn and kill me on top of it.

https://youtu.be/Ay2-nxUuZnE

Second example, tracer just keeps jumping and it messed up FB twice. Now mind you I should have done better here (I deliberately pressed tab to sure my accuracy % before the learn2aim fools come in) but I still didn't do as well as I should have but still, the second flashbang is simply stupid, he was literally able to move out of the entire opening. Now let's add that he has 4+ blinks and a recall on top of this and it gets really stupid.

I'm not sure what they could change but making FB last one second intead of .7. I guess they could also increase McCree's max damage by 5 so that he can one shot tracer with a HS and it wouldn't really affect other match ups. Honestly I don't know at this point but FB needs some sort of fix.
Wow. Flashbang sucks.
... Way to inform all these mouth breeder on these forums complaining about McCree. This has seem to not be very known.
So what you are saying is, there shouldn't be a counter play for flash bang. One of the easiest skills to use in the game and almost guarantee's death on one of the most broken heroes of this patch.

Sure why not? Its not like you can just body shot people even if they are flash banged in the air due to them moving in a single predictable line.
Wow, I knew it was bad, but I didn't know it could be this bad. Maybe it should keep them in place right after it lands for like 0.2 of a second before making them drop straight down.
Well, if Flashbang is to ever counter Genji this needs to change, yes.

Sorry, the counterplay to this is not to get that close to him.

And if you're the high mobiltiy hero this is supposed to scare, oh, guess what?
You don't even need to get in that zone to kill him?
Oh, you have a bunch of abilities to get in and out?
A reflect, maybe, you ninjas?

This is just a 1 every 10s ability with very short range. People like to whine about Genji's ult yet they could noooot eeevvvvverrr toleeeerate that McCree's flashbang would shut him down hard if he makes the mistake of not watching out for it.

Silly forum.
07/22/2016 06:16 PMPosted by Tedei
So what you are saying is, there shouldn't be a counter play for flash bang. One of the easiest skills to use in the game and almost guarantee's death on one of the most broken heroes of this patch.

Sure why not? Its not like you can just body shot people even if they are flash banged in the air due to them moving in a single predictable line.

McCree is an "anti-flanker". Did that look like anti-flanking to you?
07/22/2016 06:20 PMPosted by Ramiel

I saw him flash bang the tracer he had ample time to flick his aim and headshot her but he didn't, this is not because the hero's abilities is bad. He missed his shot and got punished thats all there is to it, its not FB's fault its his. Also in the current patch mcree might as well be a glorified sniper.
** Lol before Down voting Explain how i'm wrong. LOL just because you don't like the facts,there is no reason to downvote.

He dosen't look like a Anti Flanker to me. AND Neither does he to the Devs.

__ROLE CHANGE__ Let's look at the dates now SHALL WE! _________

[PC] Overwatch Patch Notes – July 19, 2016
** http://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20747185139?page=1#post-4
Developer Notes: While the game does feel better following the nerf to McCree’s
close-range damage in a previous patch, it left him a little too weak. So, we're increasing his
effective distance, making his range similar to Soldier: 76’s. This should hopefully give
players another option for dealing with pesky long-range damage dealing heroes like Pharah and
Hanzo.

^ this was his Oringal Design and now Current.
-------------------------------------------------

- OLD

[PC] Overwatch Patch Notes – June 14, 2016
** http://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20745235963
Developer Comments: McCree was performing too well against all targets, making him feel
like a must-pick in many situations. By reducing the damage of his alternate fire, McCree is
now significantly weaker against tanks like Roadhog and Reinhardt, but still maintains his
lethality against smaller targets like Tracer and Genji.

-------------

that's it end of story. He was now he isn't.
Today I was on my Pharah, gettin sniped by McCree as usual, then I found myself in close range of him and 3 other enemies, I thought "Nope!" and concussive blasted my way out of there, got the blast off, started flying in the opposite direction full speed as planned and then BOOM, flashbanged.

Not only did this flashbang stun me, IT CANCELLED ALL OF MY MOMENTUM, I went from 200mph in up/diagonally in the opposite direction straight to the ground.

How does this make sense? I mean, yeah he landed that flashbang, so sure I'm stunned, but to just increase my gravity and weight to that of a dying neutron star and fall not in the direction i was accelerating, but straight down to the ground, jeez.

Oh well, its some bull!@#$, but at least it aint as bull%^-* as RH's hook.

Developer Notes: While the game does feel better following the nerf to McCree’s
close-range damage in a previous patch, it left him a little too weak. So, we're increasing his
effective distance, making his range similar to Soldier: 76’s. This should hopefully give
players another option for dealing with pesky long-range damage dealing heroes like Pharah and
Hanzo.

- OLD

Developer Comments: McCree was performing too well against all targets, making him feel
like a must-pick in many situations. By reducing the damage of his alternate fire, McCree is
now significantly weaker against tanks like Roadhog and Reinhardt, but still maintains his
lethality against smaller targets like Tracer and Genji.

-------------

You keep on copy pasting this all over the place, but until they say McCree is not intended to be an anti-flanker, I can't take your claims seriously.

- OLD

-------------

You keep on copy pasting this all over the place, but until they say McCree is not intended to be an anti-flanker, I can't take your claims seriously.

lol I keep copy and pasting that. and Yet you still can't read it. Ashame... there's no hope for you.

You can stamp your feet and pout all you want. But the facts are there infront of you. If you are just putting your nose in the air and turning you head to the facts You can't be help!
07/22/2016 06:26 PMPosted by Drakken
Today I was on my Pharah, gettin sniped by McCree as usual, then I found myself in close range of him and 3 other enemies, I thought "Nope!" and concussive blasted my way out of there, got the blast off, started flying in the opposite direction full speed as planned and then BOOM, flashbanged.

Not only did this flashbang stun me, IT CANCELLED ALL OF MY MOMENTUM, I went from 200mph in up/diagonally in the opposite direction straight to the ground.

How does this make sense? I mean, yeah he landed that flashbang, so sure I'm stunned, but to just increase my gravity and weight to that of a dying neutron star and fall not in the direction i was accelerating, but straight down to the ground, jeez.

This happened because of latency. You did not actually get the time to get your concussive blast out on the server, even if it looked like you did.
07/22/2016 06:35 PMPosted by Jake
07/22/2016 06:26 PMPosted by Drakken

This happened because of latency. You did not actually get the time to get your concussive blast out on the server, even if it looked like you did.

Ohhhh, makes sense but requires mo testing. Usually when i get hit by teh lag i can tell, there was quite a long time inbetween that interaction than when it normally kicks in.
I somehow missed a point blank FB on a Reaper right in front of me earlier. It might be bugged all the way around cause that was some serious BS
thanks for the tips, i'm gonna be jumpy now
07/22/2016 06:58 PMPosted by NateBeruk
thanks for the tips, i'm gonna be jumpy now

Well at my MMR everyone is doing it so w/e, I don't really care if more people know.
Flashbang probably needs to have it's duration increased to 1 or 1.2s, giving you .8s to 1s of total time to kill your opponent instead of the current .5s.

If there needs to be a CD increase to offset it, fine. But if you flashbang someone in the air, they probably need to stay stunned for long enough that they at least hit the ground stunned.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

I saw him flash bang the tracer he had ample time to flick his aim and headshot her but he didn't, this is not because the hero's abilities is bad. He missed his shot and got punished thats all there is to it, its not FB's fault its his. Also in the current patch mcree might as well be a glorified sniper.

Now mind you I should have done better here (I deliberately pressed tab to sure my accuracy % before the learn2aim fools come in)

Even when you put in thing to address it they still come in..