Mcree - the new OP sniper

General Discussion
07/24/2016 12:49 PMPosted by Tw1tch919

he is definitely too op right now. The last nerf was perfect. Now he's a 2 shot sniper at almost any range. And still a dump truck up close.

Pharah is all but useless if the other team has a semi decent McCree

He may be a bit much right now, but the last nerf was not perfect. It's people like you that turned a CQC cowboy into a marksman because they couldn't handle staying out of his dead zone.
i really feel mcree was in the right spot and blizzard was headed in the right direction focusing on nerfs rather than buffs. however instead of toning other really strong characters back to make the overall game more balanced they went ahead and basically made him stronger than he originally was.
Maybe look at bring his max effective range down to 24-26m, and compensate by slight buff to FTH, either say +5dps or a ROF buff so you can land 4/6 shots during the 0.7sec Flashbang stun.

Currently at 32 meters you can comfortably sit back from half the Hero rooster completely out of danger, for example RoadHogs hooks at 20m so you've got 12m to play with and can completely shut him down in safety.
07/24/2016 05:43 AMPosted by sz0kx
07/24/2016 05:25 AMPosted by Prince
Thanks to the great minds in blizzard we have a mcree who just 2 shots any1 from so far away that even widow will loose in a range competition against him.

cute, how about pick mobile hero and kill him close range instead of missing ur hits as widow?

Somebody forgot he has Flashbang and can headshot.
07/24/2016 09:20 PMPosted by Razeluxe
07/24/2016 05:43 AMPosted by sz0kx
cute, how about pick mobile hero and kill him close range instead of missing ur hits as widow?

Somebody forgot he has Flashbang and can headshot.

and 21 other heroes can only left click

QQ
All they need is to let him aim down his gun or something similar and he would be a great alternative sniper. I don't see the fuss when we already have Hanzo as a sniper without a rifle. I like the idea of characters being able to snipe in unconventional ways.

They still need to make a character that can protect people from the Tracer, Genji and Reaper flanking besides tanks leaving the front battle.
Skill and aim is op. Someone with 100% accuracy and 100% headshot ratio "just two shots" anyone. In a so called "competitive" game. You read it here first.
To you all.. exactly what i thought was the problem.. the range of falloff 30m.. now reduced by 10m in the latest patch !
07/26/2016 03:23 PMPosted by Prince
To you all.. exactly what i thought was the problem.. the range of falloff 30m.. now reduced by 10m in the latest patch !

Falloff is actually 25m now. Pre-nerf was 35m.
Wish granted, he got distance nerf
07/26/2016 03:27 PMPosted by Underpaw
07/26/2016 03:23 PMPosted by Prince

Falloff is actually 25m now. Pre-nerf was 35m.

Incorrect, the fall off is 22m now. Pre-nerf was 32m.
07/24/2016 08:48 AMPosted by iSinner
25 minutes on McCree and this guy thinks he knows better than devs how to balance him. What a joke.

Every dev has put more time PLAYING the hero than you, they are more informed on the subject than you, 10 times as more, and you come to them and ask for balance changes, even when they know better? are you that arrogant?

Not sure what makes you think that having more time played equals having more knowledge, but it's not the case.

Anyways, he got nerfed, so I guess OP was right.
07/26/2016 04:47 PMPosted by sunshine
07/24/2016 08:48 AMPosted by iSinner
25 minutes on McCree and this guy thinks he knows better than devs how to balance him. What a joke.

Every dev has put more time PLAYING the hero than you, they are more informed on the subject than you, 10 times as more, and you come to them and ask for balance changes, even when they know better? are you that arrogant?

Not sure what makes you think that having more time played equals having more knowledge, but it's not the case.

Anyways, he got nerfed, so I guess OP was right.

He didn't two shot anyone unless it was a headshot, in which case yes; it'd be two. what do you expect though? You just got shot in the face.

Playtime? Well, I got 70 hours so I hope my input is as good as any.

In regards to what iSinner said, if you've only read the first chapter of a book, you don't really know what's going on. If you read the whole thing, you basically "validate" a lot of your criticisms / praise / comments.
07/26/2016 04:51 PMPosted by Ghost

In regards to what iSinner said, if you've only read the first chapter of a book, you don't really know what's going on. If you read the whole thing, you basically "validate" a lot of your criticisms / praise / comments.

The book analogy doesn't apply. You don't need to play as a hero to know how it works or where it excels.
07/24/2016 06:06 AMPosted by Eremoo
It's also harder to see a mccree shooting at you than a soldier or the more obvious pharah. By the time you realize you're either dead or too low

I was actually saying this the other day. I have no issue with McCree killing me, but the fact that I am dead before I even know where the bullet came from annoys me. With a Widowmaker or a Pharah, you see a path that leads back to them, etc. I feel like if McCree can snipe he needs to stand out more.
07/26/2016 04:56 PMPosted by sunshine
07/26/2016 04:51 PMPosted by Ghost

The book analogy doesn't apply. You don't need to play as a hero to know how it works or where it excels.

Ok. So you're also saying you know what it's like to ride a bike, despite never have ridden one?
#Logic
07/26/2016 05:14 PMPosted by Silverhearte

Ok. So you're also saying you know what it's like to ride a bike, despite never have ridden one?
#Logic

No, what I'm saying is nobody's riding a bike nor reading a book, but you can definitely know how a bike works without riding one. Stop using retarded analogies please. Specially when the hero just got nerfed, proving Blizzard agreed with OP.
07/26/2016 05:20 PMPosted by sunshine
07/26/2016 05:14 PMPosted by Silverhearte

#Logic

No, what I'm saying is nobody's riding a bike nor reading a book, but you can definitely know how a bike works without riding one. Stop using retarded analogies please. Specially when the hero just got nerfed, proving Blizzard agreed with OP.

Except we're not talking about how fast you can pedal, how quickly you can stop, etc. We're talking about what it's like to ride the bike. You can compare X component to Y component and use that as a basis to claim something is OP, sure, great. Except what does or does not make a hero strong is their toolkit as a whole. For example "McCree shouldn't do as much damage, or more damage than Widow", except that McCree has a shorter range, and he doesn't have a scope. He also doesn't have the ability to instantly move to a vantage point. Just the same as their short-range toolkit is extremely different.

Do I think McCree was too strong? Maybe he was, I don't know. I don't play him. But that's not the point. You're sitting here trying to argue whether or not McCree may or may not be too strong without having witnessed both points of view on the situation (sending and receiving ends).

This is summed up rather plainly as a logical fallacy.
07/26/2016 05:28 PMPosted by Silverhearte

We're talking about what it's like to ride the bike.

No. We aren't. Stop bringing the flawed bike analogy up.

You can compare X component to Y component and use that as a basis to claim something is OP, sure, great. Except what does or does not make a hero strong is their toolkit as a whole. For example "McCree shouldn't do as much damage, or more damage than Widow", except that McCree has a shorter range, and he doesn't have a scope. He also doesn't have the ability to instantly move to a vantage point. Just the same as their short-range toolkit is extremely different.

You don't need to play McCree for an extended period of time to know any of these things.
Also, no. What makes a hero strong or not isn't necessarily its toolkit as a whole. Minor tweaks to a single part of the kit can drastically impact hero performance.

You're sitting here trying to argue whether or not McCree may or may not be too strong without having witnessed both points of view on the situation (sending and receiving ends).

Again, no. You don't need to be on both sides to know how things work or how strong/weak they are.
You don't need to play Bastion to know he's garbage in most cases. You don't need to be a Symmetra main to know she's only situationally useful.

Just because you personally don't know something, doesn't mean the same applies for everyone.