Revert McRee back to launch state ?

General Discussion
Does anyone else think that the way McRee was at launch is itself better than current version ?
It is very clear that Blizz itself is kinda stuck on getting a balanced version of McRee..(3 changes to him so far) .. The problem at launch was that he can melt tanks too easily with fan hammer.. But I don think it will be much a problem now considering the addition of Ana, buff to Zenyatta ..
They never intended that McCree would be able to shred a tank in 2sec and they don´t want it that way. They will never make him an anti-tank again.
They should just give him the original ORIGINAL design and then nerf his survivability/remove the stun to be a one and done gambling thing. If you catch mccree first hes dead, if he catches you or misses hes dead.

In fact him solo countering flankers makes little sense in terms of design, hes more suited to be a team bruiser that terrifies anyone trying to get near his tanks or supports.
Obviously we need some time to judge the impact of these recent changes, but I feel that McCree is very close to where he should be:

1. The buff to FTH and Flashbang help out his anti-flanking ability significantly. One of the issues before this patch was his inability to kill 200HP heroes from a stun consistently.

2. Pseduo-sniper left click was not his intended role. However, his fall off was short before they made it way too long. This compromise is a nicer balance that fits at medium ranges.

A good McCree will still be a terror to behold - hopefully the metagame just won't revolve around left click pot shots for 70/140 damage picks quite as much.
07/26/2016 03:35 PMPosted by Poh
They should just give him the original ORIGINAL design and then nerf his survivability/remove the stun to be a one and done gambling thing. If you catch mccree first hes dead, if he catches you or misses hes dead.

In fact him solo countering flankers makes little sense in terms of design, hes more suited to be a team bruiser that terrifies anyone trying to get near his tanks or supports.

Deep game play.

'If I see you/get the drop I win, otherwise you win.'

zzzzz
Now McCree has a bit longer effective range and doesn't shred tanks with FtH compared to launch. Imho, he's in a perfect spot right now.
07/26/2016 03:41 PMPosted by Kaal
Now McCree has a bit longer effective range and doesn't shred tanks with FtH compared to launch. Imho, he's in a perfect spot right now.

There is always people saying "He's in a perfect spot right now" after every patch. BUT HE IS ALWAYS NOT, SO STOP SAYING SUCH A THING. LMAO
07/26/2016 03:39 PMPosted by idSurge

Deep game play.

'If I see you/get the drop I win, otherwise you win.'

zzzzz

Ambushing is a core mechanic in any shooter. It should give you an immediate edge over your target. In fact most classes are balanced around ambushing that they sacrifice health or damage just so they can setup easilly and get those first few points of damage. Balancing a hero like mccree around his map awareness seems easilly justified.
Who's McRee?
McCree M2 player spotted.

07/26/2016 03:26 PMPosted by Prince
Does anyone else think that the way McRee was at launch is itself better than current version ?
It is very clear that Blizz itself is kinda stuck on getting a balanced version of McRee..(3 changes to him so far) .. The problem at launch was that he can melt tanks too easily with fan hammer.. But I don think it will be much a problem now considering the addition of Ana, buff to Zenyatta ..
Never going to happen.
even if this s never gonna happen, its very well visible that blizz is too confused :D
Lol. No. Only you and a few other salty McCree mains think that. This includes my friend.. he believes McCree was "balanced" and he needs so much burst because otherwise he is useless LOL. The sad thing, he's not even a bad player (high 50's).. but somewhat allergic to nerfs i guess.

Anyways, the way he is now.. is actually pretty balanced. At least it seems. I like it. Let's see how it goes :)
Every single McCree patch has made him more balanced. It has just been a bit of a yo yo. Back when he was first released he did 60 dmg with no fall off at all. Then they nerfed his fall off but he was super weak. They then buffed Flash Bang and FtH multiple times which made them too strong.

Right now is the first time he hasn't felt either god like or weak. I don't know if he is perfect but they are much closer than the ever have been before.
07/26/2016 03:46 PMPosted by Waitherback
07/26/2016 03:41 PMPosted by Kaal

There is always people saying "He's in a perfect spot right now" after every patch. BUT HE IS ALWAYS NOT, SO STOP SAYING SUCH A THING. LMAO

But this time, it might be true. Straight up buff to his left-clicks made him way too effective in a way people didn't like. To be fair, it kind of stepped on Hanzo's role and made him obsolete.

He still got a net gain to his effective range, plus they buffed his combo without actually increasing potential damage, or the stun length.
You're a mad man
Came here for the cancer.

I actually got cancer.