Flashbang Should Stop Momentum, Just Like The Hook

General Discussion
Prev 1 17 18 19 23 Next
By definition, you are asking for a buff. Just because you choose to define it as a broken feature doesn't change the fact that improving it will in fact buff McCree.

Not many shades of grey in your life? Let us apply your logic. We go to a restaurant; the menu has pictures of appetizing dishes. You've heard wonderful things of the food, so you place an order based on a picture in the menu. Your dish arrives. You bite into your steak, just to find out that it is actually chicken. McCree is categorized (by Blizzard) as an anti-flanker; yet shows up as chicken each time. You can attempt to convert my argument based on your own backwards logic, but it won't undo the fact that McCree is not within his intended role.

09/22/2016 05:42 PMPosted by Tchaikovsky
I always love it when people decide that the only people who are allowed to comment on a character are people who play or "main" that character.

Not only are you altering my argument; you're inserting fiction. Only to, yet again, support an invalid and biased perspective. I'll reiterate my statement in simple terms for you; the length of time spent with character, in various situations, against certain heroes, on different maps, at different times of the day; you will notice where their weaknesses lie. There is a clear difference in the opinion of someone who has spent 30+ hours on a character versus someone who has under 10. It's simple for me to hate Genji (whom I only have 10 hours on), because at face value he is powerful; yet I cannot provide valid perspective on a character whom I'ven't spent time with in every map or situation. Not once did I invalidate other perspectives; I solely said that telling someone to "git gud" without sufficient grounds on the same matter can be summarized to the only insult I will have written in this entire thread; half-witted. Do you go into to a doctor visit shouting "Just because you have a degree in medicine doesn't mean my medical opinion is less valid than yours?" With your approach, I wouldn't be surprised.

Surely I can just say that the only reason you want him buffed is because you play him? Of course you want your main hero buffed! I'd love it if Guardian Angel could be used to random points too, and obviously those people who don't play Mercy much just wouldn't understand how important it is and don't really deserve to comment.

Make a Mercy thread with the same amount of evidence and detail as iSinner and others have provided here and I might support you entirely. Otherwise, this isn't a Mercy thread. I may have a bias (we all do), but I am biased towards logic above all.

Do you see how utterly condescending that line of argument is?

No, but since you insist that my tone has been condescending (which certainly wasn't my intention), I'll entertain that for the remainder of my response.

God, just read your first comment in this thread. "It's so obvious you paid zero attention"; how exactly would "fixing" McCree not buff him?

Because he didn't read, and you didn't either. You guys should be friends.

I'm sure that you maining McCree has absolutely nothing to do with it. But it guess that's just my "manner of negligence" speaking. After all, we should obviously all bow down and listen to you.

Aren't you a bucket of rainbows? I simply said that McCree is extremely neglected in terms of what his kit is intended to do; and if him fitting his role would involve a nerf to his ONLY functioning, practical ability (LMB), then so be it. As long as the balance is translated adequately, elsewhere instead of a straight nerf. The fact that you came here onto Bnet and internalized an extremely broad, blanketing post speaks of your own narcissism. It must suck to suck.
09/22/2016 06:32 PMPosted by Synric
I can't speak for NotMcCree specifically, but I know a lot of us are getting annoyed by people that aren't reading the whole conversation and just !@#$%ing at us thinking we are whining for buffs, when we want rebalancing.

Reading is for losers, Synric. Why consider valid perspectives on a factual basis when you could just cover your eyes and feign a literacy impairment?

Nah, I'm just a scrub who needs to mind her own business. Screw that NotMcCree person, she doesn't know what she's talkin about.
@NotMcCree those are some godlike responses.
IN all regards to the thread,

If McCree's flashbang was changed, lets actually change it for what it is.... a flash bang...

There is no way McCree can look into a flashbang and not be blinded for a period of time.

Remove the stun and force players who had sight of it, to lose/distort vision for like 3-5 seconds INCLUDING ALLIES.

Otherwise change "Flashbang" to "Pebble throw"

the only way if someone threw something at me and I'd get actually stunned is if it actually confused me... as in...

"Did you seriously just throw a tiny rock at me.,.. wtf?"
09/23/2016 12:43 PMPosted by Kailee

If McCree's flashbang was changed, lets actually change it for what it is.... a flash bang...

There is no way McCree can look into a flashbang and not be blinded for a period of time.

Remove the stun and force players who had sight of it, to lose/distort vision for like 3-5 seconds INCLUDING ALLIES.

the only way if someone threw something at me and I'd get actually stunned is if it actually confused me... as in...

And Junkrats concussion mine explodes and deals damage.
09/23/2016 12:45 PMPosted by Warspite

lets pair that with Dva, can we?

I'd be fine if that happened; however, Dva's ult should be dealing damage to both sides AND ABLE TO KILL HERSELF (Junkrat can kill himself with his tire, Dva can't blow herself up with a nuclear warhead?)
09/23/2016 12:49 PMPosted by Kailee
09/23/2016 12:45 PMPosted by Warspite

lets pair that with Dva, can we?

I'd be fine if that happened; however, Dva's ult should be dealing damage to both sides AND ABLE TO KILL HERSELF (Junkrat can kill himself with his tire, Dva can't blow herself up with a nuclear warhead?)

But we're talking about the item name, it's a flashbang that doesn't flash or blinds people

and Junkrats concussion mine doesn't stun, but can kill, deal high damage and doesn't knock anyone unconscious!
09/23/2016 12:43 PMPosted by Kailee

You don't know how the real flashbang works, do you?

It would make everyone around roll on the floor with bleeding ears for 10 minutes at least, not including the ambulance that needs to take care of you after that.

The reality simulation has no precedence over gameplay, not in this game. If you are concerned about the name, i couldn't care less, really. The name is irrelevant, it is just a handy tool to be on the same ground so everyone understands what the other is talking about.

Don't bring reality into this game, you are wasting everyone's time, including your own.
09/23/2016 01:00 PMPosted by iSinner
Don't bring reality into this game, you are wasting everyone's time, including your own.

Bring reality into the game; but only in a humorous context.

Nothing sounds funnier than a McCree tossing a flash based on real-world mechanics, missing, and everyone on his team screaming in pain; earning a game loss because they were too busy suffering to get on the payload.

Except Symmetra and Lucio.
09/23/2016 01:00 PMPosted by iSinner

You don't know how the real flashbang works, do you?

It would make everyone around roll on the floor with bleeding ears for 10 minutes at least, not including the ambulance that needs to take care of you after that.

The reality simulation has no precedence over gameplay, not in this game. If you are concerned about the name, i couldn't care less, really. The name is irrelevant, it is just a handy tool to be on the same ground so everyone understands what the other is talking about.

Then stop arguing about how the laws of physics should work only as you want them to, and complain when they don't
Just bumping this age old post in case if Blizzard ever decides to care about flashbang.
07/28/2016 04:06 PMPosted by poochie
Yes, it should. It is countered with a jump, which is silly when you think about it.
I'm not even talking about genji, which is 90% of time airborne.

Atm it does not stop the momentum of the character that is being flashed.
It seems like this is a design overlook.

It's not as silly as a "flashbang" stopping you from moving...

If flashbang stopped momentum it would just look so wrong. The hero got flashbanged; he didn't hit a wall.

shhh, don't explain physics to people who believe an already powerful hero with a win button needs and even better win button. I now sitback and wait for the meta to downvote us to Oblivion (I miss that game actually ;) ).
I'm getting really tired of this

https://gfycat.com/FarEvergreenErne
Im honestly surprised that this isnt on the ptr. Where are the "drastic" changes? No flashbang fix for McCree, no new skills for Mercy, no Bastion reworks.
Nothing to add, bump
No, it shouldn't. It prevents ability use and further correction of movement. That alone yields a huge advantage.
11/13/2016 04:34 AMPosted by iSinner

I'm getting really tired of seeing inaccurate McCrees complaining about not being able to hit anything.
11/13/2016 06:46 AMPosted by Amorphous
11/13/2016 04:34 AMPosted by iSinner

I'm getting really tired of seeing inaccurate McCrees complaining about not being able to hit anything.

1 minute on McCree.

I'll take your word for it though, seems like a legit opinion.

This isn't Generic Brown Landscape Military Shooter #420 : USA army PATRIOTS against bad brown people and Russians
11/13/2016 06:56 AMPosted by Obamacare
1 minute on McCree.

I'll take your word for it though, seems like a legit opinion.

For real though. Maybe McCree players should know when to flashbang someone instead of just tossing it at them whenever?

Or be more accurate? It's not like you can change direction while stunned.
im getting better at predicting where the enemy will be after i flashbang him lol, it's like, a new skill you learn playing mccree