Blizz your lore writing is impeccable!

General Discussion
Omg Blizz props to the lore writers! I love how you introduce new pieces of lore each patch with in game interactions!
Like with Mercy and Reaper! So Mercy is the one who helped Reaper patch up?! That's so cool.
And I was walking with Widow the other day and I swear she sighed and said "gerard" as if she misses her husband! Is she getting her memory back!
This is all so cool I seriously have to give props to the game designers and writers for this. Keep it coming and great job!

Ps. Sorry for the exclamation points I just haven't fell in love with lore in so long.
I could have sworn there was another piece of dialoge, where someone mentions Gerard to her, and she get prickly and defensive, saying "You don't know anything about him," though I could be wrong about that.

In any case I definitely agree. They've managed to tease a lot with so little, and its awesome.
Agreed. I've never been into comics, but I've read every single one for Overwatch.
07/22/2016 11:24 AMPosted by DurzoBlint
I could have sworn there was another piece of dialoge, where someone mentions Gerard to her, and she get prickly and defensive, saying "You don't know anything about him," though I could be wrong about that.

In any case I definitely agree. They've managed to tease a lot with so little, and its awesome.

That is ana calling him a fool for loving widow.

Then ofc widow gets pissed haha.

In case I definitely agree. They've managed to tease a lot with so little, and its awesome.

Yes yes Ana says that Gerard was a fool to love someone like Widow.
07/22/2016 11:26 AMPosted by MoonPunisher
07/22/2016 11:24 AMPosted by DurzoBlint

That is ana calling him a fool for loving widow.

Then ofc widow gets pissed haha.

Wow, Ana's a b*tch lol.
No audio in this new one?
Agreed. I sure can't remember them all (with time i will) but i heard a bunch of different stuff last night and i don't think all of it was due to Ana's new interactions (though i could be wrong).

The attention to detail is incredible. For the entire company and all their games really. Overwatch very much lives up to the insanely high standards this company has built up over the years.
07/22/2016 11:32 AMPosted by MacFierce
Agreed. I sure can't remember them all (with time i will) but i heard a bunch of different stuff last night and i don't think all of it was due to Ana's new interactions (though i could be wrong).

The attention to detail is incredible. For the entire company and all their games really. Overwatch very much lives up to the insanely high standards this company has built up over the years.

Yea apparently Mercy says "this is not what I intended Reyes" to Reaper so I think she experimented on him to test resurrection but it got messed up and now he can rearrange his cells which is why he can wraith walk and teleport.
I only wish the lore made any sense in the context of the actual game.
07/22/2016 11:41 AMPosted by Hushpuppy

Eh, we need a single player/co-op campaign for that to work. Or a series of mini-campaigns focusing on one character culiminating in one featuring everyone to tie everything together.
07/22/2016 11:38 AMPosted by slickmickey
07/22/2016 11:32 AMPosted by MacFierce

Yea apparently Mercy says "this is not what I intended Reyes" to Reaper so I think she experimented on him to test resurrection but it got messed up and now he can rearrange his cells which is why he can wraith walk and teleport.

Yeah that's definitely one that i heard.

On that i have a question to see if anyone can answer.

On ulting Mercy says "Heroes never die". Not always, but on occasion she adds "for a price".

Does she say "for a price" only when Reaper is one of her rez targets as a reference to how badly she botched her attempt to bring him back from the dead in the lore?
07/22/2016 11:43 AMPosted by DurzoBlint
07/22/2016 11:41 AMPosted by Hushpuppy

Eh, we need a single player/co-op campaign for that to work. Or a series of mini-campaigns focusing on one character culiminating in one featuring everyone to tie everything together.

To this I still hope that they will do some simple mission for each char that would tell story and show some basic gameplay with them.
07/22/2016 11:47 AMPosted by LordWiesy
07/22/2016 11:43 AMPosted by DurzoBlint

To this I still hope that they will do some simple mission for each char that would tell story and show some basic gameplay with them.

That's actually a very good idea. Sort of like an introduction mission. Maybe in the far future as a long-shot, they could have challenge modes of sorts but eh that's stretching it a bit.
07/22/2016 11:46 AMPosted by MacFierce

On ulting Mercy says "Heroes never die". Not always, but on occasion she adds "for a price".

Does she say "for a price" only when Reaper is one of her rez targets as a reference to how badly she botched her attempt to bring him back from the dead in the lore?

Haha no that's just a feature of her devil or imp skins the same way she says til Valhalla with her viking skins. I thought the same at first :p

The "Heroes never die... for a price" line is linked to Mercy's Devil/Imp skins and replaced her normal ultimate VO.

I'm not sure where it came from (maybe there is another line that sounds similar to it), but the "this is not what I intended for you, Reyes" line/exchange does not actually exist in the game.
07/22/2016 11:53 AMPosted by Michael Chu

The "Heroes never die... for a price" line is linked to Mercy's Devil/Imp skins and replaced her normal ultimate VO.

I'm not sure where it came from (maybe there is another line that sounds similar to it), but the "this is not what I intended for you, Reyes" line/exchange does not actually exist in the game.

Oh thanks for clearing that up but I'm pretty sure her and reaper have some form of exchange maybe not tho maybe I'm mistaken haha. Thanks again for the clear up :) keep up the good work.
Ah.. I should have known it was a skin voiceline. Thanks for clearing that up it's been bugging me for, well ever since i first heard it.
07/22/2016 11:53 AMPosted by Michael Chu

OMG! o.0
Are there any plans for a single player/co-op mode?